• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT7| Either die the GOAT or live long enough to become Nas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

lol JT dissing Kanye on SNL. ""Hit so sick got rappers acting dramatic"
http://thehonestyhour.com/2013/03/video-justin-timberlake-jay-z-rock-suit-tie-on-snl/

God dammit Pop GAF is so one dimensional, as are many young-ish music fans today I swear. This hate on Suit & Tie can't stand, man. I'm not saying it's a great song or anything but jesus christ these kids are butthurt simply because it's not another generic unce-unce-unce-unce house beat. That song is some old school shit, like Off The Wall type shit.

S&T is one case where "old school" is not a compliment. It sounds like the blandest of Timbo tracks from 1996. It's boring as fuck, it's awful. It's not the way JT shoulda came back at all and to say we wanted "generic unce unce" from him is stupid. Chris Brown is the only real R&B guy pushing euro dance shit hard right now. Everyone else is either in their own lane, or still trying to nail their sound down and find a hit.

DominoKid

What does GAF HOP do for a living?

I do gas and electric troubleshooting for the local utility company. Don't have to interact with any coworkers. Drive to the yard, get in my work truck with a list of jobs, crank up the tunes and drive around smoking newports and drink mocha frappes from McDonalds all day. No one bothers me. It's fucking amazing.

I make cocaine. It don't take but 8 minutes to make a whole thing. Easy money.

Naw I'm actually graduating in May so my job is to find a job right now. My degree's in public relations...but somehow I don't think I'll be going that route.

Office assistant manager at a dental practice; I mainly handle insurance shit. Going to school for accounting
S&T is one case where "old school" is not a compliment. It sounds like the blandest of Timbo tracks from 1996. It's boring as fuck, it's awful. It's not the way JT shoulda came back at all and to say we wanted "generic unce unce" from him is stupid. Chris Brown is the only real R&B guy pushing euro dance shit hard right now. Everyone else is either in their own lane, or still trying to nail their sound down and find a hit.

Doesn't sound anything like old Timbo to me...

Also I'm not saying everyone wanted a generic dance track, I'm talking moreso about these kids I see bitching about the track as if it's the worst thing ever.

PBY

Banned
Office assistant manager at a dental practice; I mainly handle insurance shit. Going to school for accounting

Doesn't sound anything like old Timbo to me...

Also I'm not saying everyone wanted a generic dance track, I'm talking moreso about these kids I see bitching about the track as if it's the worst thing ever.

I dunno... Ppl like mirrors and its not a dance track

kamspy

I'm a second year EE student.

As an EE myself, BAIL OUT.

Job market in my area is crap. There are enough EE's out of work who are happy to take entry level pay right now. It was a nightmare finding a job in my field without professional experience.

It's fun though. Nothing wakes you up like trying to reattach the neutral wire in a 3 phase 480 volt meter socket only to notices you're not wearing your electrical gloves. Literally, hand was about an inch away.

I've been bit with 240v a few times, and it's not fun. You can feel it all the way to the core of your teeth. 480v is usually death though.

kamspy

Anyone in the Cincy area need a job PM me.

We're looking for workers like crazy. High School diploma and no DUI's get's you in. And a short paragraph about the unnoticed brilliance of Attention Deficit.

For real though, we need installers. No experience required for this position.

//B1G

Banned
How do you find this stuff //BIG?

shone a cone of light through the darkness.

yo anyone that ever wants to check out memphis' history in rap just check this guy's channel out. he's uploaded the full albums of basically every dude ever out of there, and believe me, there's a LOT.
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgu4iH7BWWYepnWNBsQ3U4Q/videos?view=0&flow=grid
if you used a youtube downloader you could have alllllmost as good a collection as mine used to be. i still had a lot more tapes and shit this guy doesn't have (or at least hasn't uploaded yet)

the main dudes you wanna check out (i'll post one album, if you dig it check out the rest, this guy uploads pretty much their whole discogs):
tommy wright iii - real raw bars. tongue twisting before lord/bone. a REAL gangster
project pat - originator of trap music. enough said
playa fly - dope story telling, unique lyrics for this area

hrd you gotta check this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbyBj9II2hI
this is this group called children of the corn, they came out with a few albums but this one that dj paul supposedly produced is the sickest. peep this man

DominoKid

As an EE myself, BAIL OUT.

Job market in my area is crap. There are enough EE's out of work who are happy to take entry level pay right now. It was a nightmare finding a job in my field without professional experience.

It's fun though. Nothing wakes you up like trying to reattach the neutral wire in a 3 phase 480 volt meter socket only to notices you're not wearing your electrical gloves. Literally, hand was about an inch away.

I've been bit with 240v a few times, and it's not fun. You can feel it all the way to the core of your teeth. 480v is usually death though.

fuuuuuuuuuuck.

CRS

Student majoring in Computer Engineering here but work as a pantry cook and server/bartender to pay the bills during break.

Holy shit.

kamspy

Operations Intelligence in the Air Force. I'm trying to finish my degree so I can hopefully go to OTS.

If I had it to do over, I would have joined the chair force out of high school. All my friends who went in are living it up.

Air conditioning, a seat and military benefits? Man. Roll with that.

I've got two years to decide if I want to dry out and go to the Navy. Air Force doesn't take wise men my age, and the Army wouldn't really be my thing.

EDIT:

Regarding the meter thing, it happens to every guy I work with one time. But it never happens twice. Once you get a scare the safety gear get's literally tattooed in your conscious. You see dozens of them a day. It become so routine you forget the have the power of holy mother of fuck in them. It's a cool job though. I've reached the ending of Office Space. "Fucking A". Just dropped $200 on some Under Armor ballistic grade safety rated sunglasses. No more swapping my shade for busted ass clear safety glasses every 15 minutes. Quality of life +1. I think I sold 6 pairs at the shop today showing them off. If any Under Armor shills are reading this, you owe me an extra pair of shades.

//B1G

Banned
The air force was alright, I was in for a couple years till I got kicked out. I had a wrench turning job which blew, but yeah if you can get in an office you're set.
Most the dudes that have rank on you are wack as fuck though, growed up nerds that got picked on in school, so now they feel the need to act like hard asses all the time even though they're pussies. Or at least that was my experience.

HiiiLife

If I had it to do over, I would have joined the chair force out of high school. All my friends who went in are living it up.

Air conditioning, a seat and military benefits? Man. Roll with that.

I've got two years to decide if I want to dry out and go to the Navy. Air Force doesn't take wise men my age, and the Army wouldn't really be my thing.

Part of me wanted to do Navy. But I don't regret my choice. I won't lie, those things you listed are why I chose AF over the other branches. I'm already getting jokes from my family because I have older brothers in the Army and the Navy. A couple friends in the Marines too. And it doesn't help that my dad is an officer cracking jokes all the time. It's all in good fun of course. I love my job and the people that are in it. They're my second family.

HiiiLife

The air force was alright, I was in for a couple years till I got kicked out. I had a wrench turning job which blew, but yeah if you can get in an office you're set.
Most the dudes that have rank on you are wack as fuck though, growed up nerds that got picked on in school, so now they feel the need to act like hard asses all the time even though they're pussies. Or at least that was my experience.

Oh man I've heard too many stories on this bruh. People getting brolic because rank. I feel it bruh.

kamspy

I've worked in damn every type of environment (non military) there is.

Working solo in a truck full of tools is easily the lowest stress.

I've got parks or places to park with scenic views programmed in my GPS, take lunch when I want and where I want. Nothing beats laying on a grassy hill for an hour, eating Chipotle, messing with my phone and having a dope view. I got this one spot, fucking golf course quality grass, overlooks downtown Cincy, Great American Ballpark, Paul Brown Stadium and the bridges to KY. Most relaxing lunch our you can get without dragging your GF out to give you dome shots in the work truck.

DominoKid

I was actually considering the military if nothing else worked out. Mom (and her father too, but he died before i was born) was Navy, but she always said if I went down that road that Air Force is the way to go.

kamspy

Part of me wanted to do Navy. But I don't regret my choice. I won't lie, those things you listed are why I chose AF over the other branches. I'm already getting jokes from my family because I have older brothers in the Army and the Navy. A couple friends in the Marines too. And it doesn't help that my dad is an officer cracking jokes all the time. It's all in good fun of course. I love my job and the people that are in it. They're my second family.

Fuck those jokes. You're doing a job that needs doing and have the smarts to not get in front of AK47 barrels and IEDs. I lost a few peeps in Iraq. Really wish they would have swallowed whatever pride that made them sign up for infantry. All three had the intelligence to serve in a non combat role. The guys who wanna fight are great. Fucking heros 99.9999% of the time. But the whole "if you join the service and don't sign up to shoot people, you're a pussy" meme is terrible and takes lives. I know people who sign up for infantry shit just because of that sentiment.

I was actually considering the military if nothing else worked out. Mom (and her father too, but he died before i was born) was Navy, but she always said if I went down that road that Air Force is the way to go.

See the world, retire at 50 and have bulletproof job security. Damn tempting.

HiiiLife

Fuck those jokes. You're doing a job that needs doing and have the smarts to not get in front of AK47 barrels and IEDs. I lost a few peeps in Iraq. Really wish they would have swallowed whatever pride that made them sign up for infantry. All three had the intelligence to serve in a non combat role. The guys who wanna fight are great. Fucking heros 99.9999% of the time. But the whole "if you join the service and don't sign up to shoot people, you're a pussy" meme is terrible and takes lives. I know people who sign up for infantry shit just because of that sentiment.

I can high-key relate to this post. One too many times have I had friends say they joined for that reason. I remember overhearing a Marine recruiter scolding teenagers for having that mindset. "Nobody in their right mind wants to see war. You're the type of the people that won't see your family again."

Some harsh *shit like that. Lol. I dig the sentiment bruh. Appreciate it.

//B1G

Banned
Haha I think 99% of dudes here still do have bad vibes about me or whatever, but it's all good cus somehow it's always the peeps I think are cool are the ones cool with me.

Make sure you peep that album I posted for you HRD

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Kinda doubt any of you guys know how to do manual labor, but figured I'd might as well ask.

My old DeWalt kicked the shitter and I'm looking at getting a Makita or Milwaukee impact driver. Heard Milwaukee batteries went down the shitter, but you can never tell which reviews are shills. Always heard great things about Makita, but have owned and love some older Milwaukee stuff.

Also, Des, you catching DB in Cleveland? Might need someone to roll with.

We have a old DeWalt at the home back in the US at I thought it was an unreliable piece of shit. Ive been wanting to replace it for years now and iirc, my friends who do a variety of manual labor jobs all recommended the Makita.

Also, as for employment, I worked a bunch of random jobs from bouncer to waiter to tour guide to lab technician to financial consultant (more or less) and beyond. And now I'm a 4th grade teacher at an international school. I make only so so money, but I save more than people making twice as much since the cost of living here is so low. Plus I get to see the world, travel all over, and get the summer off.

CRS

Haha I think 99% of dudes here still do have bad vibes about me or whatever, but it's all good cus somehow it's always the peeps I think are cool are the ones cool with me.

I seriously don't think people have any ill will towards another GAF-Hop member. Maybe their tastes but that's about it. At the end of the day, it's mostly all jokes.

Right?
I go to a community college and work as a host at a restaurant. Not living it up really.

My dream job is starting up my own "restaurant" and/or be under a chef's wing and properly learn the trade. I do enjoy my major but it's mainly a back-up plan.

I don't think I've ever had a greater feeling of adrenaline while cooking with one other cook on a busy ass dinner night with a big reservation of 30 on top of the rest of the restaurant with the open menu. You don't have time to think. You just do. Multitasking a ridiculous amount of things, making sure shit doesn't get burnt, coursing out the salads/soups, and when desserts start to become a factor? :whew:

And this same day, worked from 6 in the morning till about 10:30 at night.

And when all is said and done, go home and drink an ice cold beverage.

Trey

I do gas and electric troubleshooting for the local utility company. Don't have to interact with any coworkers. Drive to the yard, get in my work truck with a list of jobs, crank up the tunes and drive around smoking newports and drink mocha frappes from McDonalds all day. No one bothers me. It's fucking amazing.

Rec instructor in a projects community center.

Physics major.

Gaf hop I'm drunks so I can't add to discussion. I fuckerf them bitches and I Dat them gyals but I wanna text the girl I love. Yes or no????

Like wtf fuck that bitch. The only one I went all frank ocean on and shit. I kinda wanna talk again tho: I need advice from the sages

kamspy

You def bring a flavor to the forum that no one else does. It's one that I can appreciate since I went through a very long phase of the type of music you share here.

Here's a classic track in the same vein. (sorry about the pun)

http://youtu.be/F0_k5ZJ7_DM

kamspy

Gaf hop I'm drunks so I can't add to discussion. I fuckerf them bitches and I Dat them gyals but I wanna text the girl I love. Yes or no????

Like wtf fuck that bitch. The only one I went all frank ocean on and shit. I kinda wanna talk again tho: I need advice from the sages

Does the girl you love love you?

Ya maybe. We did the dating thang and all that shit. But we fought too much. But honestly she's the only girl who made me give a shit. And maybes it's projection but she did tell me before I broke it off

Who knows

Oh god this embarrassing esch gon be on my ass in about a few hours lol

kamspy

Ya maybe. We did the dating thang and all that shit. But we fought too much. But honestly she's the only girl who made me give a shit. And maybes it's projection but she did tell me before I broke it off

Who knows

Oh god this embarrassing esch gon be on my ass in about a few hours lol

Fuck Esch.

If you love the chick do what you gotta do to live without regrets. That way even if shit doesn't work out, you can tell yourself you put in everything you had. I been through shit loads of long relationship break ups. It always hurts way more if you feel like you didn't give it your all.

CRS

Sleep it off and regroup.

Fuck Esch.

If you love the chick do what you gotta do to live without regrets. That way even if shit doesn't work out, you can tell yourself you put in everything you had. I been through shit loads of long relationship break ups. It always hurts way more if you feel like you didn't give it your all.

Do these answers in that order.

Tabris

I think I've come to a conclusion to my top 10 favourite hip-hop tracks ever after some thinking:

1) One Mic by Nas
2) Moment of Clarity by Jay-Z (Generally unknown and under-rated)
3) Straight Up Menace by MC Eiht
4) Streets On Fire by Lupe Fiasco / Six Days by DJ Shadow / Mos-Def (Generally unknown and under-rated)
5) Harder Than You Think by Public Enemy
6) Dance With The Devil by Immortal Technique
7) Words I Never Said by Lupe Fiasco (Under-rated) / Shut Em Down by LL Cool J
8) It Ain't Hard to Tell by Nas (from the best hip-hop album ever)
9) Gangster's Paradise by Coolio (Don't hate)
10) Freaks & Geeks by Childish Gambino (Don't hate) / Hate Me Now by Nas (OK, maybe hate me)

Honourable Mentions (In no order - you can google them yourself)

1) Moment of Truth by Gang Starr
2) It's Bigger Than Hip-Hop by Dead Prez
3) Passing Me By by The Pharsyde
4) Music for Shoplifting by P.O.S.
5) Sabotage by The Beastie Boys
6) I Wish by Skee-Lo
7) Ooh Ahh by Grits
8) Real Motherfucking G's by Eazy-E (the ultimate diss track)
9) Killing Me Softly With His Song by The Fugees
10) Ghetto Jam by Domino
11) Two Words by Kanye West
12) Margerine by Dan-e-o (Canadian rap!!)
13) Big Poppa by Notorious B.I.G.
14) Slam by Onyx
15) Scapegoat by Atmosphere
16) Regulate by Warren G
17) Tragedy by RZA

EDIT - I already edited in 3 things lol. Maybe I haven't been able to decide.

Fuck Esch.

thanks breh i did it. fuck it. whatever.

if it goes bad i'm guessing i shouldn't respond to it at all? just ignore it.

and it it goes well, we'll see. give her the first move
either way. i just wanna get over it and move on. and no new vag hasn't helped these days but at some point i gotta deal with it and move on.

ask her if shes tryna get the pipe

lol. i deed it. but honestly as corny as this sounds, its not even about that anymore. its more on an emotional level. i just wanna see if we're there or not.

Esch

Banned
Fuck Esch.

ironically i would have told him to put in work for it too

:(

ironically i would have told him to put in work for it too

:(
Poor misunderstood esch
I seriously don't think people have any ill will towards another GAF-Hop member. Maybe their tastes but that's about it. At the end of the day, it's mostly all jokes.

Right?
Nah dude is a douche, but he is one that it takes awhile to know he doesn't really mean any harm. He's cool

Edit: that old ass DJ Paul and Lord Infamous goes. I can't even tell who is who though lmao

esch is mean as fuck, but he means well so i love him lol

anyways i'm drunk and i did what i gotta do. i'll regret it or not in the morning but at least i have documented evidence. and if she calls me tomorrow morning, i'll work at it from there.with sagely gafhop advice behind me too'

love to all y'all. fuck regrets. fuck this henny shit. aiight i'm going to bed

Esch

Banned
damn now you guys got me feeling all guilty and shit. Me and my friends are dicks to each other out of habit, so I guess I brought that on here. My bad...

aah what the fuck don't be like that. i'm just being emotional because of the alcohol. i actually think you're hilarious most of the time.

it's this girl problems shit that got me down

Im in my last year of college doing business management and work part time in an off licence (Liquor store)

College is cool because its free here if you live in a bad area or whatever, the government actually pays me to go to college.

Off licence is great too, got all the girls comin in on the weekends to buy their drink, they be all hyped to go out and shit so they mad flirty and dressed up. Actually ended up banging two customers when we met up with them in the city after work so I cant complain about shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom