• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cudder

Man, I really don't think anything can kill my vibe right now. In reality, it's not gonna come close to MMLP. But if you're gonna name the album THAT, then yo, I'm expecting AT LEAST on par with TES. AT LEAST.
The fuck is he gonna rap about? I mean seriously..if he goes back to rapping about his family that would be the fakest shit ever. And allll of the subject matter on Recovery is not anywhere close to MMLP subject matter.

Man, I really don't think anything can kill my vibe right now. In reality, it's not gonna come close to MMLP. But if you're gonna name the album THAT, then yo, I'm expecting AT LEAST on par with TES. AT LEAST.

The Eminem Show IS on par with TMMLP.

In other words, that's not happening. The best I'm expecting and hoping for is Relapse without the accents, or Hell: The Sequel without the yelling.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
But Friday (August 23), during MTV's All Access VMA live stream, Birdman announced to Sway that he'd had a change of heart. When asked whether they'd hit the studio together yet, Baby said, "Fresh been on the road but I'm looking forward to it in about another week. We gonna go to Miami and start getting to it." (MTV)

Well then I'm excited about this.

IrishNinja

i cant stay away from OT em threads. it always feels like the same dudes that stopped listening to hip hop nearly a decade ago wanna act like time froze & nothing's happened since...i bet wrestling fans feel this way when people stop by to talk about how great the attitude era was and none of those dudes ever aged

In other words, that's not happening. The best I'm expecting and hoping for is Relapse without the accents, or Hell: The Sequel without the yelling.

oh man, that's a bold first sentence

HiiiLife

The fuck is he gonna rap about? I mean seriously..if he goes back to rapping about his family that would be the fakest shit ever. And allll of the subject matter on Recovery is not anywhere close to MMLP subject matter.

Who knows. Maybe his own version of Life Is Good. Idkkkkkkkk breh.

That's quite the statement yo. But I respect that opinion lol.

DominoKid

i cant stay away from OT em threads. it always feels like the same dudes that stopped listening to hip hop nearly a decade ago wanna act like time froze & nothing's happened since...i bet wrestling fans feel this way when people stop by to talk about how great the attitude era was and none of those dudes ever aged

idk how you could listen to Em in his prime and not think he's fallen way the fuck off

same with wrestling. i will give it credit right now for being the best its been since the attitude era, but it still doesnt compare.

I was 2 seconds away from trolling that thread using your post as the catalyst while slipping into the "not a hip-hop fan, but I love Eminem" character. I decided against it because I need to go watch Breaking Bad.

It's calling out to me though.

Cudder

I'm not gonna lie..that second em snippet sounds dope. I still dont get the marketing behind it all though...the title, the blonde hair making a return.. Its as if hes making this album specifically for all the people who said he fell off after his prime days.

CRS

I was 2 seconds away from trolling that thread using your post as the catalyst while slipping into the "not a hip-hop fan, but I love Eminem" character. I decided against it because I need to go watch Breaking Bad.

Go watch Breaking Bad. Go watch Breaking Bad.

Holy shit.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
There is a difference between saying somebody has fallen off recently and pretending we're somehow superior to the OT plebes because we can hate an album that hasn't been released based off a 5 second snippet.

The last snippet didn't have Scremeinem. It didn't have accents. It has a Rubin beat and confirmation that Dre is producing. If you're even slightly an Em fan, all of that is bound to get you a bit hopeful. Based on what we saw there, there certainly isn't anything worth hating on. But, I guess pretending that rappers never have bad patches and have never made good albums after those bad patches is never a thing?

tl;dr: Calm down and wait for the single, Silky

DominoKid

yeah i'm not giving him any credit until the album drops and it's actually good. until then expect the worst. he hasnt earned the benefit of the doubt.

That's quite the statement yo. But I respect that opinion lol.

I don't think it's that bold really. There's less screaming, his flow is at its prime, Without Me > The Real Slim Shady as first single; MMLP gets the nod because of stuff like Kill You, Bitch Please 2, Criminal, etc., but TES is up there.

Go watch Breaking Bad. Go watch Breaking Bad.

Holy shit.

I'm goin man don't push me.

IrishNinja

cant watch BB till tomorrow night...so much for social media

dont worry brah, i got us covered

Esch

Banned
Man Charlemagne is just excessively right sometimes, even if he is a blowhard

ib1EAzY60SDbc1.gif

CRS

I won't even listen to the snippet or the track on Tuesday. Will wait for the album to come out and then listen.

I wonder if we'll see any No I.D. on the new album and how 90s/early 00s it will sound.

There is a difference between saying somebody has fallen off recently and pretending we're somehow superior to the OT plebes because we can hate an album that hasn't been released based off a 5 second snippet.

The last snippet didn't have Scremeinem. It didn't have accents. It has a Rubin beat and confirmation that Dre is producing. If you're even slightly an Em fan, all of that is bound to get you a bit hopeful. Based on what we saw there, there certainly isn't anything worth hating on. But, I guess pretending that rappers never have bad patches and have never made good albums after those bad patches is never a thing?

I will allow you to have hope.

HiiiLife

We in the same boat breh. Clearly I'm skeptical but I cannot help but be excited for dude. I love his older shit, and still wanna keep giving him chances.

the first snippet was kinda annoying, but it was clear he was trying to channel beastie boys.

the second snippet sounded fun. I'll listen to it as long as I hear it's better than recovery.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
hahahaha Irish you trolling ass motherfucker hahaha, you are making that em thread gold.

Esch

Banned
Miley could have just gone the Taylor Swift route, worn her sun dresses, grown her hair out, milked the dumbass country fanbase for a trillion dollars. She desperately wants to be Rihanna and seems hell bent on turning herself into a sex symbol. She will never be; it's forced and she has no goods.

if she wants it to be that way....
fixed

In a perfect world we would have a Mike D, Em, Bubba Sparks album..

Called the White Album..

dead

also, vanilla ice on the hook #throwback

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Miley could have just gone the Taylor Swift route, worn her sun dresses, grown her hair out, milked the dumbass country fanbase for a trillion dollars. She desperately wants to be Rihanna and seems hell bent on turning herself into a sex symbol. She will never be; it's forced and she has no goods.

RiRi doesn't exactly have a lot of goods.. but talent makes up for that

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Think about the awkward shit you did when you were 20. Domino, you can tell us about it next year.

She's being every other 20 year old in North America.

Esch

Banned
RiRi doesn't exactly have a lot of goods.. but talent makes up for that
I'm saying that Ri makes up for it with her sexuality, it's genuine.. Miley basically looks like a high school girl slutting herself up. Shit just looks weird, even though she aint even 4 years younger than me...

Blackace

I'm saying that Ri makes up for it with her sexuality, it's genuine.. Miley basically looks like a high school girl slutting herself up. Shit just looks weird, even though she aint even 4 years younger than me...

RiRi can really sing...

Macca

it's cause you're still catching them Hannah Montana reruns on disney channel

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser

dead

I don't mind the fake personality and attitude, at least it's entertaining. But the problem is she's not remotely attractive enough to be a sex symbol. She also looks like she just got finished attending a 48 hour meth and dick eating party.

I'd still sleep with her and make an appointment at the clinic the next day.

HiiiLife

But on the real, I was gone and came back to that MMLP2 news late. Any new shit from other artists? No Schoolboy Q? Everybody talking about this Nsync reunion (or was it Backstreet Boys?).

Esch

Banned
RiRi can really sing...

I think this is more debateable than you'd think. I've been told by singers that she actually isn't the most talented mic specalist out there (certainly not a mariah carey type). She has a great voice, very distinctive, but I don't feel like her upper range is that great, she has no whistle register for example.

still my favorite in the game right now though

Macca

But on the real, I was gone and came back to that MMLP2 news late. Any new shit from other artists? No Schoolboy Q? Everybody talking about this Nsync reunion (or was it Backstreet Boys?).
Schoolboy Q performed Collard Greens with Kendrick and then dropped Oxymoron onto itunes on the low

dead

I was offended by her hair in the performance

IrishNinja

fixed

In a perfect world we would have a Mike D, Em, Bubba Sparks album..

Called the White Album..

can we work everlast into this somehow, for old time's sake

hahahaha Irish you trolling ass motherfucker hahaha, you are making that em thread gold.

at least one dude is taking me seriously, so my night is complete

RiRi can really sing...

i guess, if we're going by average R&B-chick-on-the-hook standards

10 tracks of yelawulf

Blackace

I think this is more debateable than you'd think. I've been told by singers that she actually isn't the most talented mic specalist out there (certainly not a mariah carey type). She has a great voice, very distinctive, but I don't feel like her upper range is that great, she has no whistle register for example.

still my favorite in the game right now though

She has decent upper range, she is no Keys tho...

But the point is, her talent makes up for having a huge alien like forehead...

Esch

Banned
yo i cant get over Jason Collins face after Rocky said that shit, the camera cut was too much

I bet MTV was just trying to get ASAP to come out on stage tho, just helping him along to it
troll.png

Potential smiley shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom