• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://mrbrownukt.bandcamp.com/album/music-capsule-vol-1-the-number-station
a2314290485_10.jpg

Nice instrumental.....

Dereck

i cant stay away from OT em threads. it always feels like the same dudes that stopped listening to hip hop nearly a decade ago wanna act like time froze & nothing's happened since...i bet wrestling fans feel this way when people stop by to talk about how great the attitude era was and none of those dudes ever aged
Ugh, so much truth

codhand

Sadat X ‏@SadatX 12m

What about straight man rights. Is it wrong to teach my son about being a MAN. No offense to how anyone lives!

yeah, how come you never hear about straight mans rights??!!

smh at the old nubians lately

codhand

Sadat X ‏@SadatX 3m

How about this no more of our acting role models putting on dresses in roles anymore. It's confusing our babies .

sadat... sadat! stop breh! just...please, just stop.

--

i'm not feelin emo cage.

cage lost

thabiz

after years of disappointment, trent has delivered. the creative spark from tds/fragile is back. bloody fantastic record. its like going back in time.

thabiz

^liking what im hearin here! it's been a minute, i could go for this

trent finally realized that NIN is a techno industrial band, not a rock band. has a year zero feel(modern beats, less live feel), put its firmly planted in the tds vein. i thought he was nuts using that album art, but holy shit he knew. it really is a tds sequel.

HiResDes

Self-Made Vol. 3 tracklist:

1. Lil Snupe Intro (Lil Snupe)
2. Gallardo (Gunplay ft. Trina, Rick Ross & Yo Gotti)
3. The Plug (Meek Mill ft. Omelly)
4. Levels (Meek Mill)
5. Lay It Down (Rick Ross ft. Young Breed& Lil Boosie)
6. Stack on My Belt (Rick Ross ft. Wale & Birdman)
7. Black Grammys (Wale ft. Rockie Fresh, Meek Mill & J. Cole)
8. Coupes/Roses (Stalley)
9. Know You Better (Omarion ft. Fabolous & Pusha T)
10. Say Don’t Go (Omarion)
11. What Ya Used To (Rockie Fresh)
12. The Great Americans (Rick Ross ft. Gunplay, Rockie Fresh & Fabolous)
13. Kilo (Meek Mill ft. Louie V Gutta, French Montana, Yo Gotti & Torch)
14. Poor Decisions (Wale ft. Rick Ross & Lupe Fiasco)
15. Bout That Life (Meek Mill ft. French Montana)
16. God Is Great (Rockie Fresh)
Ross is fucking up not putting that Trel song on there, shit went hard.

Esch

Banned
Smdh at Gunplays career fading fast.

If there are two types of rappers you never trust with some faith, its pill/dope/baseheads and social justice rappers.

kamspy

Smdh at Gunplays career fading fast.

If there are two types of rappers you never trust with some faith, its pill/dope/baseheads and social justice rappers.

So.... fuck the Wu? Cuz they fit both.

Slime Flu 4. It's pretty good, like a really legit fake Rolex.

kamspy

Pretty sure if you locked ASAP Mob in a hotel room with no drugs they'd be smoking lint off the carpet by the second day.

Danny Brown would be picking it out with the first hour. Schoolboy Q would be faking back spasms to go to Urgent Care to scam oxy.

Pretty sure if you locked ASAP Mob in a hotel room with no drugs they'd be smoking lint off the carpet by the second day.

Danny Brown would be picking it out with the first hour. Schoolboy Q would be faking back spasms to go to Urgent Care to scam oxy.

lmao

If Q made it past lean addiction he could last one day without other drugs

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper

I don't even think Q would be embarrassed by it either. He'd probably pen a song about it while sitting in the ER

Wow. Disgusting and hilarious at the same time.

75k though get the fuck outta here lmao

Some are saying it's a label dispute, not really GZA v U-God but still...shit is stupid. U-God's album probably won't sell 2000 records/downloads - GZA could put that track on Dark Matter and no one would even know. Likewise, GZA's next album could probably earn 75k regardless; after all, that's just like 7500 albums sold at $10 a pop. He might be able to do that, especially if Enter The 36 Chambers buys multiple deluxe copies.

Idontevenknow about the 2 Chainz. I don't even have 1 of his tracks on my ipod shuffle. He seems like a fad that went out last fall. But I hope his next album can take us to a new level of urban nonsensicallity.

After further listening, I think Earl's Doris is a 7.5. It really is a good album. My only 2 real knocks are his monotone voice and the production on a few of the tracks. I seriously think Madlib, MF Doom and Alchemist would do wonders for the OF sound. It's so basic or poor sounding sometimes. It's definitely come a ways this year thanks to Doris and Wolf.

And Stay Trippy I give a 6.5/10. What I took from it was Molly, Becky, Bands Will Make Her Dance, Purple Lean, Kush, Codeine, Ninjas, Gun, blast, Ratchet kitty kat, coupe and a few other urban venacular. I think this album would've been better as a 3-6 Joint, so at least we have some variety in the lyrical delivery (his flow seems monotonous along with the beats).

http://www.complex.com/music/2013/08/best-rappers-of-2000s/

Complex: best rappers 2000 to 2009. Spoilers: itll rustle your jimmies.

Makes sense commercially.

Can't disagree except for #10 being on there. And an argument to switch #1 and #2 cand be made.

Em had hip-hop in a choke hold commercial sales wise, starring in a movie, introducing the mainstream to 50 Cent, guesting on Chronic 2000, D-12, etc. And he murdered #1 on his own ish.

Jay was definitely hot. But to me, and this might ruffle some feathers, but he's always been a bride's maid. IE in the shadow of BIG, Nas, Eminem, 50 Cent, Kanye, etc. He's been Captain Consistent and managed to remain relevant more than any other rapper (even Em). To hit platinum on almost every album is crazy (even this year with Magna Carter, even after Samsung bought a million).

Esch

Banned
Jay was definitely hot. But to me, and this might ruffle some feathers, but he's always been a bride's maid. IE in the shadow of BIG, Nas, Eminem, 50 Cent, Kanye, etc. He's been Captain Consistent and managed to remain relevant more than any other rapper (even Em). To hit platinum on almost every album is crazy (even this year with Magna Carter, even after Samsung bought a million).
Nas doesnt belong in this post. His naughties were shit. One good album, one diss, a stellsr compilation and thats it. He also owned Nas at one point through Def Jam, so theres that. And commercially. ..lol.

As for Kanye, makes no sense. He is the reason for that guys career being what it is, point blank. There is no kanye without Jay period, even if ye did take control on the collab.

Fif I could agree with but he fell off with Curtis and hasn't been the same since in every respect. Still though that early 00s was impressive.

You are right about Em and Jay being interchangeable.

CRS

I think he's trying to say that Jay has been in the shadow of a certain artist for most of his career. Behind Big, then Nas (very briefly), then Eminem, 50 Cent, Lil Wayne(?), and currently with Kanye.

Esch

Banned
I think he's trying to say that Jay has been in the shadow of a certain artist for most of his career. Behind Big, then Nas (very briefly), then Eminem, 50 Cent, Lil Wayne(?), and currently with Kanye.
Nas has ether. Even then, that didnt propel stillmatic to the same heights as bp1. So theres that. Nas was pretty much failing before that, and failed after while Jay ate off Vol1 and 2. There was never a point in the naughties where Nas had any of the guys in this paragraph as competitors. Ill agree that Fif, Em, and Wayne had the spotlight over him at points. But still like the article says.none of them lasted as long.

As for Kanye being over him now, nope. Yeezus sold less than MCHG even without Samsung, and has zero resonance with the public. MCHG is the rap album of the summer in terms of penetration, along with Cole's joint. Sorry. If you were to argue that Ye won over Jay with the BP3/mbtdf round id have agreed though.

Em could easily have that #1 spot though. Game changer.

Nas has ether. Even then, that didnt propel stillmatic to the same heights as bp1. So theres that. Nas was pretty much failing before that, and failed after while Jay ate off Vol1 and 2. There was never a point in the naughties where Nas had any of the guys in this paragraph as competitors. Ill agree that Fif, Em, and Wayne had the spotlight over him at points. But still like the article says.none of them lasted as long.

As for Kanye being over him now, nope. Yeezus sold less than MCHG even without Samsung, and has zero resonance with the public. MCHG is the rap album of the summer in terms of penetration, along with Cole's joint. Sorry. If you were to argue that Ye won over Jay with the BP3/mbtdf round id have agreed though.

I Am sold 3mil records, and IWW sold 2mil. Nas was That Dude. He turned down the chance to be even bigger, largely due to pure stupidity and bad decision making. But we cannot ignore his place in the 90s.

If we're gonna be honest, the aughts were dominated by 50 Cent and Lil Wayne - and I don't even fuck with either. Jay-Z was "just there" for much of the decade outside of two albums, both of which didn't dominate the music world like 50's first album did.

PBY

Banned

MCHG the rap album of the summer? Kanyes not Jays daddy right now despite Jay biting the shit outta him and riding his coattails on WTT and the tour?

Esch mang, why are u such a stan for this shitty album

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom