• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, Esch. RIP in Peace.

I want to go home and play GTAV all day, I only put like 2 hours into it.

Lamar is like the best character, real talk...

codhand

cover is cool, but so is that vinyl

trevor is on my bad side, youll see why when you meet him :(

LMNO
Leave My Name Out (2000)
Collision (2003)
Economic Food Chain Music (2004)
This EP Reminds me of '93 (2004)
P's & Q's (2005)
Work Ethic (2007)
Selective Hearing (2008) collaboration with Kev Brown
Let Em Know (2009)
Devilish Dandruff with Holy Shampoo (2009)
Push That Work (2010)
Fonk Garden (2010)
Next in Line (2010)
Selective Hearing Part 2 (2010) collaboration with Kev Brown
Determined to Fly (2010)
Banger Management (2010)
Tripping On This Journey (2010)
Blessing in Disguise (2010) collaboration with KeyKool & 2Mex
No Apologies (2010)
LMNO is Dead (2010)
Born again (2011)
After the Fact (2013)[1]

got damn, at LMNO's back catalog, have I slept or what?

Anchor Quotes Rap Lyrics For 5 Straight Minutes

not bad haha.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Yea this board does have some aggressive people. Can't make a fuckig thread without people going on attack mode.

It's that anonymity.

People aren't that aggressive on gaf really, a few maybe overboard but it's not that common. The problem lies in the other direction with the seemingly ever growing portion of gaffers who live in a constant state of "sandy vagina bitchassness". Nobody can take a joke, everyone is easily offended, and nobody can fucking stand up for themselves or more importantly just let shit go without bursting into drake tears.

Speaking of Drake tears I listened to NWTS last night. I was kind of hyped for it, but then I remembered I don't care about Drake and boy was I disappointed. Sounded like some good background music, but nothing really stood out or sounded memorable. It just came and went. Meh/10

HiResDes

Speaking of Drake tears I listened to NWTS last night. I was kind of hyped for it, but then I remembered I don't care about Drake and boy was I disappointed. Sounded like some good background music, but nothing really stood out or sounded memorable. It just came and went. Meh/10

Definitely not as memorable as Take Care for me.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

this makes as much sense as snake mittens...

Samk

People aren't that aggressive on gaf really, a few maybe overboard but it's not that common. The problem lies in the other direction with the seemingly ever growing portion of gaffers who live in a constant state of "sandy vagina bitchassness". Nobody can take a joke, everyone is easily offended, and nobody can fucking stand up for themselves or more importantly just let shit go without bursting into drake tears.

It's the passive aggressive shit that gets me. "What type of post Bother you?" "Who's a REAL Nerd?" "Who's in our club and Who's a Peasant?"

Universal are re-issuing a bunch of hip-hop albums soon under a 'Respect the Classics' moniker.
Info here.

Seems pretty cool, a lot of the releases are the best ones (anniversary editions with bonus tracks, etc) and they're coming back out on vinyl too.
List of classics are:

EAZY-E - EAZY-DUZ-IT
N.W.A - STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON
EPMD - STRICTLY BUSINESS (25TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION)
DMX - IT’S DARK & HELL IS HOT (15 YR ANNIVERSARY GOLD VINYL EDITION)
DMX - FLESH OF MY FLESH, BLOOD OF MY BLOOD (15 YR. ANNIVERSARY EDITION BLOOD SPLATTER EDITION)
N.W.A - N.W.A & THE POSSE
ICE CUBE - AMERIKKKA’S MOST WANTED
50 CENT - GET RICH OR DIE TRYIN' (10 YR ANNIVERSARY PLATINUM VINYL EDITION)
SLICK RICK - THE GREAT ADVENTURES OF SLICK RICK
PUBLIC ENEMY - IT TAKES A NATION OF MILLIONS TO HOLD US BACK
ONYX - BACDAFUCUP
GANGSTAR - STEP IN THE ARENA
EMINEM - THE SLIM SHADY LP
LIL' WAYNE - THA CARTER
KANYE WEST - 808S AND HEARTBREAK
COMMON - LIKE WATER FOR CHOCOLATE
N.E.R.D. - IN SEARCH OF (DELUXE EDITION)
2PAC - GREATEST HITS

annnnnnnnnnnd

D12 - DEVILS NIGHT (EX)
D12 - D12 WORLD (EX)

^ da fuck!?

Anyway I'm getting a lot of these, way to many that I don't own hard copies of.

overcast

b69ff8b6204011e3974222000a1fbdac_7.jpg

Break out the tin foil hats.

That Crooked Smile video... what?

Just pen a song that is actually related to the tribute, the song is distracting and has nothing to do with the content of the video.

This is why Cole will never reach Drake levels. Crooked Smiles is a solid pop rap song with potential legs. It's been on the Billboard 100 for awhile, but needed a second wind to push it higher. IE a video. Instead of getting TLC in the video, alongside some other chicks (maybe some plus sized women, given the song message)...he releases another video with no female co-star, and a concept that has nothing to do with the song. NOTHING.

The video was actually re-shot btw. I'd bet Cole's original plans were even worse, and vetoed by the label.

PBY

Banned
Two questions

1- Is it safe to go to a Rosay concert? The GD shit still has me a little bit wary.

2- would you go to a Ross show? Normally I wouldn't, but he's touring with a full band.

This is why Cole will never reach Drake levels. Crooked Smiles is a solid pop rap song with potential legs. It's been on the Billboard 100 for awhile, but needed a second wind to push it higher. IE a video. Instead of getting TLC in the video, alongside some other chicks (maybe some plus sized women, given the song message)...he releases another video with no female co-star, and a concept that has nothing to do with the song. NOTHING.

The video was actually re-shot btw. I'd bet Cole's original plans were even worse, and vetoed by the label.

Wish I could argue against this. I blame Jay.

Two questions

1- Is it safe to go to a Rosay concert? The GD shit still has me a little bit wary.

2- would you go to a Ross show? Normally I wouldn't, but he's touring with a full band.

Nah, don't want to see his sweaty titties in person.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Two questions

1) I mean I feel ypu on the concern, but it should be relatively safe. I wouldn't catch him in Chicago..... but then again I wouldn't go to any rap concert in Chicago. So I would say its worth it.

2) Also I seen ross he does a good show and has stage presence (hard not considering he is at least 350 pounds).

Well... You are a Knicks fan. You can take it. And you deserve it.

...... better than being a laker fan.....

Jitters

Armand Hammer (Elucid and Billy Woods) - Half Measures

I had never heard of this project until JUST now. Rob Sonic and Open Mike Eagle are on it.

EDIT:God, the beats on Tree House are amazing.

I agree. I feel like the word "bitch" is on it's way to becoming bannable on this site because of it too

Haha at that back and forth with riff raff and rocky. Riff raff is a fun dude, you can tell rocky really wants to chill with him more

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Q performs Collared Greens on Arsenio Hall, and Kendrick performs m.A.A.d. City. Man Collared Greens is horrible censored. Goddamnit m.A.A.d City sounds appropriately EPIC with that band.. but Kendrick's performance takes away from it so much :/
Also, interview with Kendrick.

New CuDi song (live). Sounds weird.

Loaded Lux Picasso Baby freestyle. Man dude is pushing out these freestyles so fast and they're all dope.

Ja Rule - Fresh Out Da Pen. Ja sounds like a worse Game, though I kinda like the energy.

Macca

Q performs Collared Greens on Arsenio Hall, and Kendrick performs m.A.A.d. City. Man Collared Greens is horrible censored. Goddamnit m.A.A.d City sounds appropriately EPIC with that band.. but Kendrick's performance takes away from it so much :/
Holy fuck, this is terrrrrible. That Collards Green video might be one of the worst live performances I've seen. What the fuck. Kendrick couldn't even act as a hype man? Just chillin in the back? Fuck. Dudes aren't doing themselves any favours.

Also, Kendrick needs to stop skipping words. Is it his breath control or something? And he gets totally overwhelmed by that band. Not great either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom