• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT8| Let Blackace Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

Apparently just Rock, Soul and Kendrick do.
I'll admit I had this coming.

How is Danny going for a "hit" in any way? The songs released thus far couldn't possibly be hits or even seem manufactured as such. Danny is tackling this album in the right way (Seems that way). Mixing the "old" Danny with the current Danny.

thabiz

How is Danny going for a "hit" in any way? The songs released thus far couldn't possibly be hits or even seem manufactured as such. Danny is tackling this album in the right way (Seems that way). Mixing the "old" Danny with the current Danny.

internet hits. not mainstream hits. just comes across as "try hard" to me. purity ring? rustie? flavours of the month.

Cudder

Schoolboy just let all his hype die off and doesn't even give a fuck.
Waiting for White Walls to catch on...I haven't heard it on the radio yet so who knows. Would fucking suck for him if it happened to be the only Macklemore single that flopped lol.

overcast

Yeah, they're hot in the indie world, I'll agree. That's sort of where Danny is at. A rapper collaborating with artists outside of his comfort zone is a good sign, I believe at least. I don't need another XXX, it's cool to get something different from him. Hybrid-XXX was a good progression, and I expect the same from Old.

Yo @toku and net wrecker. Doesn't Michael from GTA V remind y'all of Scott from strike back? Like the way he talks and some of the stuff he says?

Also I love how they modelled his family life/therapy after tony soprano. Easily the most interesting main character in this game series. GOAT GTA main character

Jitters

Yeah, they're hot in the indie world, I'll agree. That's sort of where Danny is at. A rapper collaborating with artists outside of his comfort zone is a good sign, I believe at least. I don't need another XXX, it's cool to get something different from him. Hybrid-XXX was a good progression, and I expect the same from Old.

Agreed.

thabiz

i see it as him trying to capitalize on other artists hot status. why cant he just keep being danny? why the need to reach out to these artists that are out of his scope? we shall see, but i feel this album isnt going to do what he thinks its going to do. this will be his most forgotten album. the electronic scene moves so quickly and becomes stale and stagnant.

DominoKid

the Rocky track is dope to ride around to.

i've listened to the talk show station more than anything so far. that shit is pure fuckery.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

Danny got a club banger with 40 water.

Heard Freddie Gibbs twice in GTAV. I knew Still Livin' was in the game, but I was too distracted to check what that second track was.

Anyway, good job music department at Rockstar.

Buck's best chance is another "Shawty Wanna Ride Wit Me".

That's not gonna come from Alc or OF.

Suge owned(s?) Snoop Doggy Dogg, hence Snoop Dogg (Lion?).

Maybe Young Buck could change his name to Male Deer. I dunno. His 2 G Unit albums are both solid 4 mic joints tho. Def the best stuff to come off the label outside for GRODT and Massacre.

Buck isn't going to come out the gate with a hit, he needs to build his self up. Which is why getting him with someone who can give him a noteworthy buzz mixtape is essential. Yes he'd sound great over a lot of southern shit too, but right now Cali has arguably the best scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom