• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuck that, my women is in the vid.

Ashley Moore

justin-bieber-ashley-moore-dating.jpg

tumblr_mtkyxbzmFP1s6oolbo1_1280.jpg

review has some pretty funny analogies (ordering carrots at mcdonalds) but the bgf shtick is sorta wearing thin on me. it'd be fine if he was valid as a critic but I find that his scores never reflect his writing. although I think that's a pretty fitting score for nwts

review has some pretty funny analogies (ordering carrots at mcdonalds) but the bgf shtick is sorta wearing thin on me. it'd be fine if he was valid as a critic but I find that his scores never reflect his writing. although I think that's a pretty fitting score for nwts

Yea I think he rated NWTS/Yeezus/LLA all the same lol.

Spews hate all over the place, but it still gets a decent score.

Well I'm glad you're getting some good sleep. Sleep is important for a healthy mind.

I feel like you drop gems to live by every day.

I've got a girl coming over. She just broke up with her boyfriend so I'll be performing "crying shoulder" duties, something I'm only doing since she's a childhood friend. Bless me with positivity brehs. Don't think I'll go for the skins but I'm pretty sure we'll be doing other stuff. Her ex hated me due to her kissing me while drunk a few times. Not my problem if your chick would rather kiss a real ninja; the ex is a loser.

IrishNinja

fuck 2-4 hours!

Above the Rim and The Show are the goat ost.

played the shit out of both of these in the day, buddy had all the rest but loved that black panthers joint

My vote stays on Friday

yeah but you right though, it's almost cheating haha

nah but our texting sesh abruptly ended and so things were already not looking good its whatever it was long and she told me a lot of shit but i dont think itll go anywhere especially not now

ah, id prolly be too prideful to try to start it up again randomly, unless...how the titties?

Yeezus is still Dead Prez-level wackness, Ye stans gon stan, and the world kept spinning

man even when i went through my REAL HIP HOP conscious phase, i couldn't do a whole Dead Prez album. it was around that time with Sage Francis & others that reminded me of this uber-liberal roommate i had once who had to be about fuckin' everything: every word was some "secular" (atheist) vegan condescending political shit, like all day. that shit is exhausting and even when you agree with some of it, you still gotta smack a dude till he talks about cartoons or some shit

Get numbers instead. Don't give out

real talk here
im not great at it either, to be honest...i like batting close to a thousand so even when i was single i didn't take all the chances, which is stupid really. worst you're gonna get is a no or a fake # & keep it movin, unless its awkward cause she at a table of her fat friends giggling and shit ahhh

i always give my number, the girl will text you if she wants to

how many use it though? honestly

I figured you got girls number off their Facebook without asking

hahahaha goddamn

haha wtf, that shit sounds dangerous as fuck. I'm assuming she told him to step off.

she fine tho?

PP stay tryin to e-creep off everyone else's sources, shit kills me everytime

Drake won tho

that's what winning sounds like to you tho?

-new soul creator album this year, hype hype

awww shit
i dunno if you saw the Drake thread but i think i found you a hypeman my dude

He really should get some new website hosts shit is down for the count.

damn, that is a mess. i guess he didn't wanna host it on XXL or wherever he also writes at?

I figured out when #Oxymoron is dropping.

Setbacks - January 11th 2011
Habits & Contradictions - January 14th 2012
Oxymoron - January 2014

Only makes sense.

Cudder

I feel like you drop gems to live by every day.

I've got a girl coming over. She just broke up with her boyfriend so I'll be performing "crying shoulder" duties, something I'm only doing since she's a childhood friend. Bless me with positivity brehs. Don't think I'll go for the skins but I'm pretty sure we'll be doing other stuff. Her ex hated me due to her kissing me while drunk a few times. Not my problem if your chick would rather kiss a real ninja; the ex is a loser.

I don't know why, PP, but for the longest time I've always envisioned you acting like Mr. Chi City.

After I saw your facebook pics I drew a connection to that dude for some reason. Maybe it's your posts about your "hookups" or bachelor lifestyle or something, who knows.

Drake sounds like a valley girl crying about the new cool girl at school. This is the dude you guys are running with?

I hope to god Kendrick responds on some passive aggressive "you know, I was disappointed by Drake's comments. He didn't seem to get the song, and I feel like I gotta dumb my lyrics down some more. It's all good between us though, he's my homie."

boom

KDot don't want those problems.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Drake sounds like a valley girl crying about the new cool girl at school. This is the dude you guys are running with?

I hope to god Kendrick responds on some passive aggressive "you know, I was disappointed by Drake's comments. He didn't seem to get the song, and I feel like I gotta dumb my lyrics down some more. It's all good between us though, he's my homie."

boom

2013 rap beef brehs.... sigh

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Lots of people get Dre cosigns and never sell anything; or they end up like Game just getting more unpopular due to the music getting worse. Kendrick built his fanbase, then got a major label to broadcast it even further. That plus a slowburning yet effective single and universal acclaim paved the way.

I wouldn't be surprised if his next album does 500-600k at best. I'm not sold on "Kendrick the superstar" yet. Yea he is dominating right now but that shit is fleeting. Moreover he hasn't demonstrated that any song he throws out will become a hit or chart, ie Drake. I thought Headlines was a shitty song as did others, but it shot up the charts immediately. Kendrick got a perfect record in Swimming Pools, but can he make an actual party track, or a ladies track (without Drake) that charts? I need to see it.

Another thing: his next album will probably be worse than GKMC by default, given how good that album was. Following up an album like that is hard, and there will be people waiting on the very day it leaks to listen to three tracks and declare it "not as good." And given his theme focus, I wonder if he'll do something played out like a "portrait of the conflicted superstar" album, ie Cole/Drake/etc. Some type of "oh man I'm so popular, everything changes friends no longer call to hang out everyone wants my money" shit.

I believe in Kendrick, he is my king afterall. But I have doubts :(

No they don't. Aftermath has only 19 records to it's name and only 3 of them didn't go Plat.. and only 1 of them didn't go Gold.. yes even the Firm flop went plat..

So the full weight of Dre behind you means something, from radio play to the hype of maybe getting a Dre beat..

And for Game, his dwindling success was directly related to the fact that he had his blessing revoked..

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
No they don't. Aftermath has only 19 records to it's name and only 3 of them didn't go Plat.. and only 1 of them didn't go Gold.. yes even the Firm flop went plat..

So the full weight of Dre behind you means something, from radio play to the hype of maybe getting a Dre beat..

And for Game, his dwindling success was directly related to the fact that he had his blessing revoked..

remember the album where he rapped as if he was Dre.... he was so desperate for that Co-Sign he faked it....

"Ayo whattup…you now back in the presence of the one n only grand imperial Hands Of Zeus aka the illustrious Thor Molecules aka the mighty Cocaine Biceps…otherwise known as ShampooBraceletsthe panty melter…also known as the one n only Galaxy Knuckles or BroccoliBundlesthe almighty… Yall might also kno me as ya boy Big Ghost aka Volcano Hands the inventor of slaps… Otherwise you might kno me as Phantom Raviolis or the grand immaculate Spartacus Deluxe. I kno what yall prolly thinkin…THIS ***** DONE CAME UP…HE HOLLYWOOD…LOOK AT ALL THIS EXTRAVAGANTISM B…OH MY GAWD. I feel you my *****….I sense theres animosity n whatever whatever. I done started from the bottom n now Im here…straight up n down. I aint ashamed bout none of that. Im gettin this cake n Imma still be givin yall the raw uncut

Aight so once again we here to discuss the latest release from a dude who prolly gon need no introductions but Imma introduce him anyways namsayin…Yall might knohim as that owl-obsessed Aaliyah stan from the great white north wit the exotic budgie tat n the wild flamboyant hand gestures that makes bout 63 questionable facial expressions per minute while hoppin around on stage in a tank top who installed a a showerhead that sprays lavender scents into the air n a stripper pole in his crib n calls hisself Champagne Papi– but yo…hol up son… I mean only in this fake ass industry can you go from bein a silver spoon swallowin jewgro witta blend of melted butter n warm Ovaltine flowin thru ya bloodstream playin a paraplegic lame on a corny teen soap opera to becomin besties witta fake Blood who looks like a cross between a gremlin, a cabbage patch doll n a chupacabra n call yaself Champagne Papi n still be crazy respected by ya peers b… We talmbout a dude who done made songs so moist they could tenderize a steak if you left it in front of the speaker… Songs that could hydrate ya skin n cleanse ya pores n shit… Songs that could make swans appear at ya doorstep… Shit that could pasteurize milk. But yall guessed it…its the AJ Soprano of rap hisself…the 2013 Chandler Bing…the Human Rollerblade…Drizzy Drake."

hol up.. if his shtick wasn't getting soo old.

I may have laughed

Blackace

Speaking of Game dude just punched Brandon Jennings in the mouth lol

CRS

Not even going to lie. I can't do 6 or more hours. I actually feel like complete shit when I do. Too accustomed to short rests

How often do you have the short rests? I think an old roommate would would sleep like 2 hours every 6-8 hours or so. Basically, he spread out a normal night's sleep throughout the day.

50 basically made it legally not possible for him to work with Aftermath

Because people thought it was a Dre joint

After that gold then silver

Everyone knew Game was done with Dre/Aftermath/G-Unot at that time. It was the biggest news in hip hop at the time. I do remember Game trying to pretend like there was some slim chance Dre might do a last minute session but even that rumor never caught wind.

It was also generally considered a good album (I never listened to it all).

Meanwhile Game got a full Dre cosign on the Red Album and guess what happened, it flopped. Dre's cosign doesn't mean nearly as much today as it did a decade ago. Kendrick was going to win regardless, he just needed a label to give him full control.

Blackace

Everyone knew Game was done with Dre/Aftermath/G-Unot at that time. It was the biggest news in hip hop at the time. I do remember Game trying to pretend like there was some slim chance Dre might do a last minute session but even that rumor never caught wind.

It was also generally considered a good album (I never listened to it all).

Meanwhile Game got a full Dre cosign on the Red Album and guess what happened, it flopped. Dre's cosign doesn't mean nearly as much today as it did a decade ago. Kendrick was going to win regardless, he just needed a label to give him full control.

The beef was out there but Game's legal standing was not.

He was trying to become an Aftermath artist and couldn't

Also a verbal co-sign isn't shit

Dre's camp getting you radio play as a label artist is worth so damn much.

Kendrick most likely doesn't go plat without Dre... i can't see it happening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom