• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I can tell you're just waiting for the Miley x MikeWill sex tape to drop.

I heard MikeWill got an ass like a Brazilian stripper. *NoMiley

It's one of those tracks that just screams club banger to me, and I haven't heard a really good one of those in while, so my appetite was ready for it.

Tokubetsu

Posting images from a mobile is tough :/

http://instagram.com/p/eonvPpjQEb/

Wu Forever
9NN2kLl.jpg

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I heard MikeWill got an ass like a Brazilian stripper. *NoMiley

It's one of those tracks that just screams club banger to me, and I haven't heard a really good one of those in while, so my appetite was ready for it.

shit bangs

siddx

so ESGN really was a mixed bag...boy Lose Control felt outta place though

I came to it late as well, and was surprised how many songs I liked. I wasn't a big gibbs fan, he always sounded like a generic gangsta rapper stuck in the 90's to me. But I do like his distinctive voice so I can put up with it when I'm in the mood for that type of rap. But he nailed it with a fair amount of the production on ESGN. It's just a shame there was so much filler and so many awful weed carrier guest spots. Murda dem is probably my stand out track.

IrishNinja

^yeah, totally had that feel, true

im on Quelle Chris now, ninjas is men...des really recommends some out-there shit sometimes, haha. mixed bag but i dig stuff like the jazzy flow on We Eat It

on a totally different note:

Street_Fighter_OST.jpg

how many of ya'll heard this? 90s had some great & well known OST's (The Crow, Batman Forever, Romeo & Juliet etc) but i wanna say commercially this one only had Deon Sanders & Hammer "Straight to my feet' (yeah...it's been a minute) but Ice Cube had a goofy kung-fu flick track, Pharcyde had a great track & video to go with it, and a classic Nas track as well
PE, LL, Ras Kass & others...after the shitty flick i didn't have high hopes, but it turned out to be the biggest surprise OST for me since Above the Rim

siddx

^yeah, totally had that feel, true

im on Quelle Chris now, ninjas is men...des really recommends some out-there shit sometimes, haha. mixed bag but i dig stuff like the jazzy flow on We Eat It

on a totally different note:

Street_Fighter_OST.jpg

how many of ya'll heard this? 90s had some great & well known OST's (The Crow, Batman Forever, Romeo & Juliet etc) but i wanna say commercially this one only had Deon Sanders & Hammer "Straight to my feet' (yeah...it's been a minute) but Ice Cube had a goofy kung-fu flick track, Pharcyde had a great track & video to go with it, and a classic Nas track as well
PE, LL, Ras Kass & others...after the shitty flick i didn't have high hopes, but it turned out to be the biggest surprise OST for me since Above the Rim

For a while I lived off OST's. Living in places where the majority of hip hop albums weren't available, all I had access too for a long time were soundtracks for movies since they almost imported every single OST that came out. So I had, no joke, essentially every 90's soundtrack that had hip hop on it, even if it was just one rap song on the whole thing.
Low Down Dirty Shame, thin line, nothing to lose, new jersey drive, above the rim, dangerous minds, menace to society, great white hype, higher learning, jerky boys, white boys, sunset park and on and on and on. If someone had the time and patience, cribbing all the best songs from all those different soundtracks and making one huge playlist would result in a lot of amazing tracks most people probably missed out on.

IrishNinja

goddamn, i remember that coolio track (and an inspectah deck one?) from Jerky Boys OST, some of those i totally slept on though...would spotify have that shit? cause if so you just had a helluva idea for a playslist, yeah

Blackace

OST used to be the shit... Friday of course might be the greatest OST of all time, but that's kinda not fair

siddx

goddamn, i remember that coolio track (and an inspectah deck one?) from Jerky Boys OST, some of those i totally slept on though...would spotify have that shit? cause if so you just had a helluva idea for a playslist, yeah

I have no idea but I hope so. There are so many great tracks. Outkast had that track on higher learning and another on new jersey drive that are fantastic and a lot of people haven't heard either.

Blackace

Well, that's just my only criticism. Bass and stuff sounded really understated when I heard it in my car.

word!!
I will fuck with the levels!!

it doesn't sound empty anywhere?

mooooose

i met a girl on okcupid, texted her for awhile, estalked her and found her twitter at 2am, and accidentally favorited a six month old tweet

i have taken the biggest L

Blackace

Kendrick selling 350k and eventually going platinum is way more of a victory than Drake doing those numbers.

he didn't sell 350...more like 225..

Drake will go plat..

Drake did 630 with Take Care and 450 with Thank me later

if he does 350 to 400 I don't understand how it is more of a victory.. lol

effzee

Ye went OFF in this interview.

Full 60 Minute Kanye Interview with Zane Lowe. Cliffs:

- Yeezus allowed him to make what he wanted once again that didn't have to go with "the textures of the time," referencing Cruel Summer's trap influence
- Cruel Summer won't stand out in 100 years like Yeezus or 808s because of how deviant it was format-wise and sonically at the time that forced people to love or hate it
- MBDTF can be considered to be perfect, but he's not here for that, but to crack new ground sonically and culturally
- Original version of On Sight was 14 minutes long of experimenting with a synthesizer with Daft Punk during a session
- Blood on the Leaves was supposed to be the intro to Yeezus, but though Kanye knew it would have probably psychologically made naysayers perception of the album better, but he wanted the aggression and the compression of his voice to "jump out, and affect you, either in a good or bad away"
- Not here to make easily programmable music
- Kanye's production style of taking different elements and styles together and clashing them together came from how he was consuming information at the moment, positive and negative emotions towards him
- On Yeezus "This is what frustration sounds like"
- Sounds like he's cool with Quincy Jones again
- Talks a lot about how MJ is da bess and the one who influenced everything
- Kanye feels he has reached the glass ceiling in music
- Talks about the styles people and organizations doubted him for over the years, tight jeans, leather jogging pants, etc.
- Talks about reading negative comments on Hypebeast about him
- RAP THE NEW ROCK AND ROLL. WE THE CULTURE. ITS BEEN LIKE THAT FOR A MINUTE MR ZANE
- Talks about how "rap n***a" has become the new insult in hip-hop, which used to be "R&B n***a" (this is real talk)
- Reason why Kanye hasn't been able to reach out to other creative realms is because everyone he has wanted to partner with has told him they want to control him creatively
- Talks black people: "We can have our perspective on T-Shirts, but anything more and your Truman Show boat is hitting the wall"
- Never really liked Gold Digger, but he did it because he knew he was going to get paid lol
- Talks getting snubbed by NYT when he talked about the next evolution of theatre, and then they go and talk to George Lucas and Spielberg who then say the same
- "I like some of the GaGa songs, what the fuck does she know about cameras"
- Talks self-hate, classism and "When someone says something like "I Am A God," everyone says, who does he think he is? I JUST TOLD YOU WHO I AM. A GOD. I JUST TOLD YOU. Would it have been better if I made a song called I Am A Gangsta? I Am A Pimp? All those colours and patinas fit better on someone like me, right?"

- Talks accusations of megalomaniac, self-oriented motivations, argues to the contrary
- Talks his dad living with the homeless 7 years ago, still living in the slums in DR helping with poverty etc. today
- Zane and Kanye go back and forth about whether the radio truly supports Ye or not today
- Kanye talks music industry being hit like an iceberg by the internet very briefly
- Jay didn't want dancers on WTT tour
- "I've spent 80% of my last 10 years working on this, and 20% working on music."
- Talks how Yeezys changed his life
- "YOU HEAR IT. WE LOVE VERSACE. VERSACE VERSACE VERSACE VERSACE VERSACE VERSACE VERSACE VERSACE." *dead* I can't wait for the KTT remix of this
- "You telling me people don't look at Kanye West like the glitch [from Wreck-It Ralph]?!"

- Talks people hating HAM making him go make Otis
- "No flip flops for black dudes. I don't care where you at. Wear some Jordans. No flip flops."
- Zane eventually gets tired of Kanyes shit about fashion and tells him to STFU and answer questions about music
- No snares on Yeezus until 5 songs in
- "I have no interest in making music by myself anymore. I want to utilize the best resources we have to have a conversation"
- Reveals Nas visited Hawaii during the MBDTF sessions, played ball with Ye and Com.

- Talks why Yeezus is minimalist
- This is just me talking here, but I REALLY think most of Ye's "FUCK CORPORATIONS" attitude is him getting blue balls trying to break into fashion
- "Dopeness is what I like the most."
- Kanye talks Kendrick's Control. Talks how he would've responded to Kendrick if he was one of those named on the come up. On Kendrick: "I'm just looking forward to the opportunity to speak to this brother in the future. He's one of our future messengers. And I'm gonna give him jewels."

- Daft Punk did the drums for Black Skinhead
- "To be a visionary, you have to move off of your eyes, not your ears."
- On T. Swift situation, he moved off of his eyes: "That's incorrect. That's invalid."
- Talks "Drum Hell Day" with Plain Pat
- Namedrops 3DO and Amiga

Warning, if you do listen, almost every topic eventually veers into Kanye expressing his frustrations with roadblocks in creatively with regards to fashion.

LOL ok there Kanye. I get that I might not see the greatness of Kanye like some here do but again LOL ok sure there buddy.

To me his words and his own praise for himself never match the music. Amazing producer and below average to mediocre lyricist. All this nonsense about layers, depth, and sophistication never come through. He makes good music when he wants to but his last 2 albums left a lot to be desired for. And his attitude on top of that brings it down further.

He isn't the biggest rapper, highest selling rapper, or biggest anything. Yet he will tell you over and over. Its almost sad. Like Jadakiss always claiming top 5 status sad.

And real funny to see Kanye try to act like he doesn't like the pop joints he did when that was the only way he made it. He couldn't be a gangsta rapper. Its not like the corporations forced him into a certain lane. He did that himself. Its his only lane. His limited rap ability has left the pop route. And now you gonna shit on it?

Also I guess I missed yet more of his impact and genius but since when is he a fashion icon? In what sense?

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
i met a girl on okcupid, texted her for awhile, estalked her and found her twitter at 2am, and accidentally favorited a six month old tweet

i have taken the biggest L
Doesn't sound that bad. She say anything?

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
just the estalking part sounds bad
Yea I guess, but everyone does that on OKC and dating sites in general. It's something I've asked before on dates from that site (did you goggle me before coming out) and a lot of the time yea they did. Maybe the liking the comment thing is a bit funny, but playing it off when they do meet if she says anything isn't that big of a deal.

It's the 21st century, we all enjoy peeking in the box at the surprise from time to Time. It's too easy.

effzee

he didn't sell 350...more like 225..

Drake will go plat..

Drake did 630 with Take Care and 450 with Thank me later

if he does 350 to 400 I don't understand how it is more of a victory.. lol

People also don't understand that once you are established to a degree, you sell no matter what.

That is what building a fanbase is all about. I can see Drake doing better #s than both his previous album's debuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom