• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

joelseph

eat at Kumas Corner

Lockdown is better. The head chef of Kumas left to make Lockdown. Functionally the same down to the death-metal decor. In a better part of town. Less busy. Free beer if you have to wait for a table. It's next door to the show venue Empty Bottle. And walking distance of my house with the trees!

DominoKid

Fredo Santana ft. Kendrick Lamar - Jealous
fredo.png

fredo.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/vXknrjx.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

how random. i fuck w/ it.

codhand

That's because you assume people who enjoy Em or CoD only enjoy those things exclusively.

not exclusively, and there's a multi-million dollar ad campaign that seems to agree with me about who their target audience is.

I know people who claim they can only listen to rap like Kanye cause you know he doesn't talk about degrading stuff all other rappers talk about.

ok side note but...who the hell says kanye doesnt talk about degrading stuff? not anyone who's heard yeezus or mbdtf, whatre they listening to? his dilated peoples feature?

You could also look at it this way. Tons of people who might not have heard of K.Dot or given him a chance will hear him on Em's new album and might check him out now. And K.Dot has enough solid material to hook people in and keep them there as fans.

smart bidness sense on kdot. and em for that one. no question.

Esch

Banned
i kinda fux with that song on it. I like how kendrick used one of his weird voices for it :(

he probably converted Fredo to the light side of the force with this one.

chance is a great live show and super cool but yeah he didnt have the catalog and had his openers play music after, i guess because the show was at midnight and started a hour late

teklife tho
Laughing because you tried to give me shit for saying the same criticism. When I saw him live

Esch

Banned
Also that new Young Buck song was generic as hell but the one he put out before that was fuego.

I expect a dope mixtape at the least.

edit: codhand can you pls stop making huge gifs? u make Esch phone cry

Dereck

Why in the fucking fuck are Eminem's album so long? Why is a 16 track rap album needlessly almost 80 minutes?

On my first listen BTW.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Yo that Fredo/Kendrick goes hard as fuck.. but why are they on the same song?

Travi$ Scott - Shit On You video. WHERE IS MY DRIVE VIDEO

Mannie Fresh talks what he's working on. Wiz Khalifa album, working w/Jim Jonson, Mos Def's album inbetween his acting, Hot Boys reunion is further than it was but is in the paperwork stage, doing bass trap and EDM mixes etc. Says he's still got a deal with Kanye for production on top of all the beats he sold him.

Director X minidoc. Talks budget changes over the years in hip-hop music videos, how they're close to nothing today. On top of the role of the female in videos, etc. Overall a really good little mini doc. The bit about filming in NY is :wow:

Diddy says Revolt will support artists that labels don't. Honestly, this is one part naive and one part a big risk. I think there is definitely a market out there for just hearing music and not just what you can get otherwise on radio, but is it big enough to sustain an entire TV station? I haven't watched the show myself but IMO I think it'd be awesome if they could get shows on there like a VladTV or a Nardwuar/I AM OTHER because it all seems like a common goal in terms of portraying music today.

Sort of unrelated, but scust at the way Diddy has been promoting Revolt using Biggie heartstrings and also that movie about slaves over and over.

Apparently Revolt is playing a Wax video. Wax was on Def Jam but was dropped/left. So Diddy is definitely pulling the trigger on supporting artists with no or small labels.

DominoKid

I like what I've seen out of Revolt so far. Interesting video selections.

I wonder how long it'll take to get shows off the ground. I know Diddy wants to have a music version of First Take.

It is okay MuddyDonut. HiRes is the one with fanboys. You should have been in plug the other day. He was getting blowjobs from llurkers while djing

Glad I missed that, not sure I can take people paying attention to him. Our system is much better.

Cudder

Not feeling MMLP2 at all, none of the tracks, nothing. I tried.

I really like the last part of Bad Guy, where the beat switches up. Other than that, most of these songs have beats that just go on and on for 5 or more minutes and never switch up and it just bores me to tears. Still can't believe how bad that Kendrick track is.

Mik317

I really like the last part of Bad Guy, where the beat switches up. Other than that, most of these songs have beats that just go on and on for 5 or more minutes and never switch up and it just bores me to tears. Still can't believe how bad that Kendrick track is.

I agree with the fact that songs go on for fucking ever but I think Love Game is awesome outside of the first verse

Recon

Banned
I agree with the fact that songs go on for fucking ever but I think Love Game is awesome outside of the first verse

I really think Love Game and So Far are the worst beats on the album. Like, I cant even listen to the song they are so bad.

Mik317

I really think Love Game and So Far are the worst beats on the album. Like, I cant even listen to the song they are so bad.

I can see why. Doesn't bug me as much since my tastes are...uhh "special".

Like I get all of the negative reactions people have had to this album (outside of that facist comment), I can easily see why some see this as the worst thing ever. I think it's pretty solid tho

mooooose

im too high to go out tonight i dont even want to

araabmuzik needs to put out another project

why did dipset fail in 2010

salute is 3 years old

my life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom