• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Just ran through it. Definitely a fire tape. He picked some amazing stuff to rap over; plenty of the sports/culinary/wrestling references we all love. Felt like he was playing around with a bunch of different kinds of music, but generally doesn't switch up his flow; fast furious and funny.

Gonna have to listen through again tomorrow and shit, but Bronson may very well have made his best here.

Blue Chips 2...Not feeling it at all. Is background music to me. My favorite is Travolta & Jackson. Everything else feels "lazy" Reused samples and all. And whats the deal with using ASAP fergs "Whoof" sound??? And Contemporary man is all over the place. Those 80 samples could have been broken into separate tracks and have a better album. So many throw away tracks this Mixtape has.

DominoKid

Rolling Thunder
iRrtbh9FilFI9.png

Recon

Banned
Just ran through it. Definitely a fire tape. He picked some amazing stuff to rap over; plenty of the sports/culinary/wrestling references we all love. Felt like he was playing around with a bunch of different kinds of music, but generally doesn't switch up his flow; fast furious and funny.

Gonna have to listen through again tomorrow and shit, but Bronson may very well have made his best here.

Blue Chips 2...Not feeling it at all. Is background music to me. My favorite is Travolta & Jackson. Everything else feels "lazy" Reused samples and all. And whats the deal with using ASAP fergs "Whoof" sound??? And Contemporary man is all over the place. Those 80 samples could have been broken into separate tracks and have a better album. So many throw away tracks this Mixtape has.

This is why I love Gaf-Hop.

BC2 might be Bronson's best piece of work since BC1.
Hell fucking no. The ALC tape from last year was better put together and mixed than this record. On 9.24.13 for example I can't properly hear the snares through my monitors. Is an enjoyable album to have playing on the background.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Why do Eminem fans bring up infinite like it isn't the hot garbage it really is

I'm not sure when this started but I have seen it too. I remember for years it was considered a boring generic rappity rap album that nobody gave a fuck about. But like everything the internet gets it hands on, if people once hated it, someone will convince others to like it eventually despite all reason and taste.

codhand

end of NBA games is even longer than normal with these replays nba fan brehs, total scust at the last 3 minutes of the average NBA game.

blue chips 2 is dope
like some nyc 80s yuppie weekend beats

dont think it matches the highs of my favorite tracks from BC1, but i like it better overall. if bronson only worked with supplies i wouldnt even be mad. i agree this is my favorite thing he's done. his subject matter is the same, but his flow is ridic on here, he kills about everyone featured, that said big body bes shit is pretty dumb: [we out chea] repeat x5

I can't believe they managed to capture that spontaneous vibe of the first Blue Chips again. It feels like they just ran through 45 different samples in one night and dropped the tape in the morning.

codhand

Production is wasted on bronson. Dude needs to switch his flow up. I like the guy but goddamn it's the same shit on every song he's ever done

even if you hate the subject matter, i simply cant by any stretch, endorse saying the 'production is wasted', when it blends so seamlessly, with bronson's style

also

BX_5iIyCAAAvjNz.jpg:large

Esch

Banned
bron's flow is whatever honestly, though that Kool G Rap imitation he did on Don's Cheek was fly.

I listen to him for the punchlines and humor and in that regard he's a 10/10

HiResDes

Bronson's flow isn't bad, it's actually a really good flow, but yeah he just needs to switch it up more. The tape is good, but I'm not gushing over it as much as ya'll. Kind of boring. The samples are fun, but would much rather hear Bronson over some super wavy shit. I liked Rare Chandeliers more I think.

HiResDes

Was this posted? Ab-Soul and Joey Bada$$ arrested in St. Louis.

Don't know who looks like more of a clown.

Soul didn't really do anything clownish...And it seems like they got arrested for absolutely nothing.

Statik Selektah said:
No one is in jail," Statik Selektah said. "The cops were profiling because Joey and Ab were walking through the hotel parking lot to the bus. I was inside the hotel working when it happened, but by the time I came out, the cops were gone and the hotel security told me how it was bullshit."

When asked if anyone was taken to the police station, Statik responded, "Naw. The cops felt dumb as fuck after they realized they were fucking up. [It was] basically profiling gone wrong. They saw the tour bus, passports, etcetera.

codhand

Seriously? Ab looks like he wants to slap the shit out of Joey for acting like an idiot. What type of black dude with funds trolls the police while in cuffs? Take that shit to Switzerland, Joey.

been in that exact position 10 years ago, telling my friend like dude, stfu, it's over, jokes on us, not them....

smh at the dress code pon the youth

Esch

Banned
I nutted in three strokes/
thats no way to represent the east coast

Action Bronson putting Mr. Swag on blast

dead2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom