• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
Waffle House has better hashbrowns.

Waffle House also has the most dejected, depressed, oppressed employees of any establishment i've ever been to. Consistently. There are Taco Bells in Oakland with happier employees than your average southern Waffle House.

And everything but their hash browns are terrible.

IrishNinja

Late night denny's is awesome. Some weak stomached ass mothafuckas.

oh man i once got a lousy BJ under the table at one and later had a chocolate shake there, that night on the pot i was just questioning my life decisions you know

i wonder what that chick is up to, i bet she's a therapist now or something

overcast

Denny's is usually funny late night. My group usually goes to Alberto's past 12 AM. Talmbout super fries/cali burritos/Chimichanga's etc.

Esch

Banned
We are both broken, but still kings of this wasteland.

Late night denny's is awesome. Some weak stomached ass mothafuckas.

Its not that I won't eat Denny's or worse; i've eaten street food in India, you know how that goes. It's simply that there's no reason to consider Denny's when there are even better chains.

I got a personal late night local greasy spoon right next to my house though, perfect for a 2am show up. Except for when there's a biker convention in town.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
The town I lived in for a while only had one all night diner, and that was denny's. For a while, going there at 3 in the morning shitfaced and hungry was the greatest thing ever. Every single degenerate fuck in the town was there. Drunk whores running around with their titties out, dudes getting in fist fights for no reason, people getting high in the parking lot, teenagers hitting each other with bricks so they could go get painpills from the hospital, and employees looking like they hate every bad life decision they ever made.

Tokubetsu

store banning or self banning?

Self banning. She was kinda into it I think? Laughed, gave me extra hash browns idk if that was free or not. I tipped her well before I left. Not in a rush to go back.

I was trying to read her name tag.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
The town I lived in for a while only had one all night diner, and that was denny's. For a while, going there at 3 in the morning shitfaced and hungry was the greatest thing ever. Every single degenerate fuck in the town was there. Drunk whores running around with their titties out, dudes getting in fist fights for no reason, people getting high in the parking lot, teenagers hitting each other with bricks so they could go get painpills from the hospital, and employees looking like they hate every bad life decision they ever made.

Sounds like my hometowns Denny's. Good times were had there. Denny's is the place for real americans to do some real shit.

Self banning. She was kinda into it I think? Laughed, gave me extra hash browns idk if that was free or not. I tipped her well before I left. Not in a rush to go back.

I was trying to read her name tag.

You should go back and wear a name tag.

Only BAD song on Old is Way Up Here, granted it's awful.

The Return, Wonderbread, Red 2 Go, Dope Song, and Smokin and Drinkin are all favorites. Fucking whole album is good man.
This. Not sure what I'd say is the best song, there are so many contenders. That run of Lonely, Torture, and Clean Up tho...damn.

Esch

Banned
i never seen a waffle house except on worldstar, where are they?

Mostly the south and some in the midwest, which explains the WorldStar.
Yeah, sounds about right.

Small town america is hell on earth.

IrishNinja

bro do you live in Mega-City One

Tokubetsu

Just to shit on small town waffle houses more. A high school classmate of mine robbed one and did two years plus probation for armed robbery.

Esch

Banned
It's funny how in every semi shitty area, there is one or two chain restaurant that is just the 'spot' and people use it as a place to come when they get super fucked up and just destroy it. In Jackson, TN, it was an applebees. People would come, get super schlammered off of the 3$ long islands (or whatever horrible drink they would pump into you) and the fuckery would result in a couple hundred - couple thousand dollars a night of damage to the establishment. But they always put up with it i guess, because the crowds and returns were so great. That was a weird week.

Working at a town shitslump like that must be hell on earth. People always on the verge of shitting themselves or throwing up or bleeding or breaking shit or hurting you or each other. Pretty much one of the worst jobs you can have, pays like shit too I reckon.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
bro do you live in Mega-City One

haha it was just sad after a while though. Watching all these people who were going to continue this behavior till the day they died. No prospects, no dreams, no ambition, nothing in life but to get fucked up, fight, and fuck till they had a dozen dumb ass kids running around the trailer park doing the same thing.

CRS

i9fWZtBpU9zug.gif

http://plug.dj/music-is-fun/
http://plug.dj/music-is-fun/

Mostly the south and some in the midwest, which explains the WorldStar.

Yeah, sounds about right.

Small town america is hell on earth.

They're all over the midwest, where are you?

i live in downtown manhattan and have only been as far as upstate ny so i guess that explains it. i always wanted to try waffle house out of a sort of morbid curiosity. i don't look down on fastfood in general though since that was my lifeforce for a while.

cdyhybrid

If you're going to a late night chain diner where someone could shoot you or homeless men will rap at you for money, you have better options.

IHOP
Steak and Shake
Culver's
Huddle House

Denny's is the worst, tbh.

EDIT: nope. waffle house or CK's. awful. just awful.

Only one of those around here is IHOP. There's a local diner called Shari's here and there but that's about it. Usually end up going to Chinatown for food after the bar/club.

Dereck

God fucking damn breakfast restaurants are really some of the greatest things in life. I need any of the above this weekend for sanity sustaining.

You took it as a diss. It's not a diss track, at least not to the people named.

Yeah, no.

I took it as using people's name as a prop for a stunt. He could have said the exact same thing without using names. Using names elicited the "ooooh, shit he used names! They all already lost!!!!" responses that people like you have been bellowing, and resulted in this stupid "you can't say anything back, because it's not a diss" mess. It's not unforeseeable that other rappers would take umbrage at being a prop in someone's verse, that's why cats don't like Game and his constant name dropping.

When Joe Budden used the Saigon running from Prodigy and people incident as a punchline, that wasn't a diss either.

IrishNinja

so he shouldn'tve named names, and just been another subliminal then? cause i feel like half of those are done for rapgenuis editors' benefit

thabiz

Roc on that pimp shit. Dirty 70s shit. Back room shit.

Love the cohesive vibe on the tape. No bangers, just smooth dirty soul.

PP you wrong.

T Dollarz

Roc on that pimp shit. Dirty 70s shit. Back room shit.

Love the cohesive vibe on the tape. No bangers, just smooth dirty soul.

PP you wrong.
Just listened to it on my way to work. Think I agree with PP. The beats were mostly subpar besides a few standouts. Pretty disappointing tbh.

so he shouldn'tve named names, and just been another subliminal then? cause i feel like half of those are done for rapgenuis editors' benefit
He can do whatever he wants to. But I'm not going to give credit to someone naming names in one breath and saying, "don't diss me or you just don't get what I'm saying" in another.

A better question is if you feel people can't respond using his name, then why are you hyped that he used names? Why would a subliminal be weaker?

He can do whatever he wants to. But I'm not going to give credit to someone naming names in one breath and saying, "don't diss me or you just don't get what I'm saying" in another.

A better question is if you feel people can't respond using his name, then why are you hyped that he used names? Why would a subliminal be weaker?
You still don't get it....

Kendrick named everyone he respected in the game, said he had love for them, but also said he's going to murder them and take their fans on wax lyrically. Because hip hop is about competition. I see it as no different than LeBron being friends with non teammates until the game starts.

Nearly everyone named got it except Drake and Meek. Drake because he's a sensitive bitch focused entirely on the concept of sales as validation for who's best, and Meek because he's a dumbass. Hence why dissing him over the verse doesn't make sense: Kendrick simply told dudes to step their bars up. If you weren't named sure, catch feelings. But those on the list have no reason to be salty, except for Sean I suppose considering Kendrick snatched his buzz.

Anyone who defends Drake's hissy fit over the verse deserves no respect. Kendrick shut that shit down with the cypher, and later reiterated his overall point: he has love for Drake and the rest of his peers, but he's focused on killing them lyrically. Listen to Drake's subliminal lines throughout NWTS, dude is heated. Shit is hilarious. Drake doesn't want competition, he expects a coronation because he is selling more than everyone.

HiResDes

Waka Flocka Flame/Waka Flocka Myers 5 - Mostly recycle bin fodder sadly, but there are a few very choice gems. Judge For You seems like a surprisingly heartfelt highlight featuring a somber, melodic hook, and a fresh mid-tempo flow that I'm not sure I've ever heard from Waka. The Wyclef track is also surprisingly good and incredibly catchy, it bangs, but the hook sobers it up giving a fresh sound. Most of the traditional bangers feature forgettable beats that sound like carbon copies of songs that have been made a thousand times, but Miley and Geekin are pretty good if you're in the mood for some regular Waka affair and that's about it. 5/10

Curren$y & DZA/The Stage - People hate on DZA too much, dare I say he got Spitta on some of these tracks. The Fraud beats are some of my favorite of the year, his sample game has the potential to be more dynamic sounding than even the god Alchemist, it's just he only seems to be consistent on wavy/weed rap shit. I love the way the vocal sample creeps in toward the end of 'Gifts', his samples never become overbearing throughout this EP and the atmosphere is consistent that the mixtape could have been mixed as one file. Thursday is some early NY battle rap steez tip, so good. And 10 Bricks is such a good ender, French Montana with the sober/conscious rap and it's fantastic. 9/10

Denmark Vessey/Don't Drink The Kool Aid - I can't remember the last time a conscious boom-bap album that had so much swag and style, well maybe since Quelle Chris album from earlier this year...But this might even be more conscious in content. Denmark's strong hook game and incredibly malleable flow make every song so sound fresh and spontaneous. Rarely does anything sound forced, it's such a nonchalant affair, and the song structure is so varied that other artists should definitely be taking notes and watching the fuck out (his real album comes out on the 12th). 10/10

Quelle Chris/Ghost at the Finish Line - This is a spiritual album, an existential exposé if you will, under the guise of boom bap. Quelle Chris and Denmark are more similar to each than the members of the Clipse, but what separates Quelle from Denmark is his sardonic sense of humor and his knack for crafting these quirky rhyme patterns. The best parts of the album are the most non-traditional where the binds of boom-bap don't constrain Quelle too much. Super Fuck is somehow vapid, clever, and fucking hilarious all at the same time. Wait a Minute is a modern marvel of perfect chemistry between two rappers joined in a seamless amalgam of beats and rhymes. Quelle's flow on King is Dead is so unique. PRX is a low-light. It's too traditional, featuring boring ass Guilty Simpson and a beat that bangs, but bangs in such a been there heard that manner. With Open Arms would be a great song, but it just mars the journey we were embarking on in favor of a boom-bap gangbang. With that being said I still like the way the album ends with Quelle's wit front and center. 9/10

Fredo Santana Ft. Kendrick Lamar/Jealous - It's scary how good this song is. Fredo's ignorant maliciousness coupled with Kendrick's misguided paranoia gives the track more depth than it deserves to have. Kendrick's opening is like a take on Keef's vocals from Hold My Liquor, and as good as his short verse his, his haunting adlibs really make Santana's verse ten times better. 10/10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom