• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
You still don't get it....

Kendrick named everyone he respected in the game, said he had love for them, but also said he's going to murder them and take their fans on wax lyrically. Because hip hop is about competition. I see it as no different than LeBron being friends with non teammates until the game starts.

Nearly everyone named got it except Drake and Meek. Drake because he's a sensitive bitch focused entirely on the concept of sales as validation for who's best, and Meek because he's a dumbass. Hence why dissing him over the verse doesn't make sense: Kendrick simply told dudes to step their bars up. If you weren't named sure, catch feelings. But those on the list have no reason to be salty, except for Sean I suppose considering Kendrick snatched his buzz.

Anyone who defends Drake's hissy fit over the verse deserves no respect. Kendrick shut that shit down with the cypher, and later reiterated his overall point: he has love for Drake and the rest of his peers, but he's focused on killing them lyrically. Listen to Drake's subliminal lines throughout NWTS, dude is heated. Shit is hilarious. Drake doesn't want competition, he expects a coronation because he is selling more than everyone.
Yeah, I'm checking for my respect from you.

That's a lot of words to neither refute what I said or address it.

Yeah, I'm checking for my respect from you.

That's a lot of words to neither refute what I said or address it.
Sure. You repeat the same shit over and over, totally missing the point. Your point makes no sense given the context of the verse. If other rappers want to respond, they should do so with better music. End of story.

It's not a diss to anyone named.

HiResDes

...SOME OF THESE BEATS, JEEZ

6L6aF.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hnu6e9Z2S7c

Sure. You repeat the same shit over and over, totally missing the point. Your point makes no sense given the context of the verse. If other rappers want to respond, they should do so with better music. End of story.

It's not a diss to anyone named.

Drake is the biggest new name, he doesn't need to respond with "better music" to a guy with one real album under his belt. You keep "missing the point." Something doesn't have to be a diss to warrant a response or get under someone's skin. If I went around making posts mentioning some of the clown shit you've down on the boards, but punched with "I got love for PD, but he should do better." I'm going to expect a response sooner or later, diss or not.

Again, he could have easily made the same statement without dropping his list of names. His name dropping was clearly intended to get attention, as you and the fan legion have demonstrated. If you don't see that, then you're "missing the point" or just choosing not to get it.

HiResDes

Drake is the biggest new name, he doesn't need to respond with "better music" to a guy with one real album under his belt. You keep "missing the point." Something doesn't have to be a diss to warrant a response or get under someone's skin. If I went around making posts mentioning some of the clown shit you've down on the boards, but punched with "I got love for PD, but he should do better." I'm going to expect a response sooner or later, diss or not.

Again, he could have easily made the same statement without dropping his list of names. His name dropping was clearly intended to get attention, as you and the fan legion have demonstrated. If you don't see that, then you're "missing the point" or just choosing not to get it.

It's as much as a shoutout as a diss. I agree with PD you don't get it.

It's as much as a shoutout as a diss. I agree with PD you don't get it.

See, another person who doesn't get it.

When have I said it's a diss? When has anyone said it's a diss? Kendrick's too small to have so many people on his lap.

Nothing been the same since they dropped control and tucked a sensitive poster back in his pajama clothes

HA HA

But your corny ass isn't bullet proof.

codhand

just streamed the Latyrx album, it's exceptionally well produced, and I love the unique subject matter, but overall just not my cup of tea. 3/5 seems about right.

Kendrick wasn't being a hypocrite. He's keeping everything on wax. The moment he starts talking shit in interviews it becomes more than that. He says pretty plainly that he's having fun with music and battling and all that is a part of it. But he's not trying to start real beef, so he's not going to speak disrespectfully off of a record.

Almost everyone recognizes that. It's pretty hard not to see it because it's blatantly obvious. It isn't something that started from some slight or shade thrown in person. It's not based on anything real. It started on wax and that's where Kendrick wants it to stay. The only people invested in trying to make it seem like more, are fans who don't think about the repercussions of real beef and radio shows who are trying to entice controversial clips.

codhand

swag killed beef, i hope everyone is happy now, what we gained in better music we have lost the WWE aspects of the fiddy cent days

icecube40pour.jpg

on bronson
I was on the way out the door to the airport I took one last Dab then sneezed then literally screamed in VIOLENT pain.

HOPSCOTCH FEST, I fuckin sneezed and ruined my entire fuckin back. I’m very sorry. I can’t even wipe my ass. Forgive me. Ill make it up.

lol, even in hard times dude is hilarious

It's 2013, and beef between kendrick lamar and drake. nobody would even bruise a fingernail over this one.

It is indeed 2013 and neither artist is likely to do much themselves.. but I don't doubt that there are still people who are stupid/crazy enough to act on their favorite artists behalf. I mean we can make light of it all day but all it takes is one idiot eager to prove something.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Nah. You can't waltz in the game and try and play some new version of chess, where only your rules apply, especially over something as subjective as music. Then be all, everyone needs to try harder, or ignore certain rappers that have put in tons of work before you. Then go from dropping names to subliminals in a cypher. Then be all buddy buddy n shit like you didn't just come at people outside of the control verse.

Never go full Pac.

Esch

Banned
Nah. You can't waltz in the game and try and play some new version of chess, where only your rules apply, especially over something as subjective as music. Then be all, everyone needs to try harder, or ignore certain rappers that have put in tons of work before you. Then go from dropping names to subliminals in a cypher. Then be all buddy buddy n shit like you didn't just come at people outside of the control verse.

Never go full Pac.

Yep, I kinda agree after the cypher. With Control it was just like, aite, he's just trying to motivate people and cause some friendly competition. But that BET cypher was returning of shots at certain people, namely Drake and Papoose. It's pretty clear from this point on that even more subs are gonna be taken for a minute.

Where did Kendrick do something analogous to this in the Control verse? If you said:

I heard the barbershops being great debates all the time
Bout who's the best poster: Byakuya, Eschalon and Toku
HiResDes, thabiz, PhoenixPause, the rest of yall niccas new niccas don't get involved
I'm usually homeboys with all the dudes I'm posting with
But this is GAF-HOP and them ninjas should know what time it is
And that goes for Enzo, spindashing, overcast
CRS, peterboy, Discotheque, Mr Swag
DominoKid, Blackace, Macca, IrishNinja
I got love for all you but I'm trying to murder you ninjas
Trying to make sure your subs never heard of you ninjas
Don't wanna read another post or tweet from you ninjas

Where's the diss to the people named? Of course they might respond and say they feel their posts are good, thus don't care about your verse/post. But you keep acting like the name calling was some type of shit talking diss, when it's not. If he said "yall suck, step your shit up" then sure you'd be right. But he literally said "I got love for you all, but step your game up." It's more passive aggressive than some bitch slap.

Esch

Banned
Y-y-yea
Y-y-yea
Y-y-yea
(NeoGAF)
How real is, this?
How real is, this?
(NeoGAF)
Uh uh uh
(NeoGAF)
Respect this here, check!

I'm from where the trolls rung, female posters never come
You and your mans hung in every verse in your rhyme
Where the songs is slung, kids ragequit every summer
When the blue vans would come, we throw the jansports in the can and run
Where the plans was to get funds and skate off the site
To achieve this goal slower, made all my posts drunk
Faced with immeasurable odds, still I gave straight bets
So I felt I'm owed something and you nothing, check
I from the other side where the other guys don't leave the house too much
And girls on Twitter wouldn't fuck us, said we posted too much
So they ran up to Drake shows and sought them dudes to trust
I don't know what the fuck they thought, those ninjas is foul just like us
I'm from where the beef is inevitable, Q4's unforgettable
pirated albums in abundance, cop a bandcamp cut new
Your word was everything, so everything you posted you'd do
You did it, couldn't talk about it if you ain't read it
I'm from where ninjas pull your card, and argue all day about
Who's the best ass eaters, siddx, filler, or Cudder?
Where the beat makers evolve, and soulja girls always are
At each other's throats for the love of Kanye bars
Where cats catch bans, hoping Blackace R-and-R's
But most times find themselves lost up behind grey bars, at all
I'm from where they fail and breed rap cars
I'm from GAFHOP son, just thought I'd remind y'all

Made the mistake of getting hyped to see DOOM on saturday, fucker never showed up, Saw madlib though as he seems to actually turn up.
Got over it and enjoyed the night.
Today it turns out the fat fuck showed up at a free madlib show in London the next day.

Im surprised someone hasn't smacked him for being such a douche to his fans

mooooose

i really like all the remixes rae has been doing so its probably just that i dont like his production but he sounds like a lazy asshole on all his own stuff lol

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Made the mistake of getting hyped to see DOOM on saturday, fucker never showed up, Saw madlib though as he seems to actually turn up.
Got over it and enjoyed the night.
Today it turns out the fat fuck showed up at a free madlib show in London the next day.

Im surprised someone hasn't smacked him for being such a douche to his fans

if they could find him, I'm sure they would.

if they could find him, I'm sure they would.

haha good point. I just dont understand why youd do it? his damn facebook page keeps spamming about an upcoming show in london but there no chance Im going to waste £30 on the 90%+ chance of him not even showing up.

Y-y-yea
Y-y-yea
Y-y-yea
(NeoGAF)
How real is, this?
How real is, this?
(NeoGAF)
Uh uh uh
(NeoGAF)
Respect this here, check!

I'm from where the trolls rung, female posters never come
You and your mans hung in every verse in your rhyme
Where the songs is slung, kids ragequit every summer
When the blue vans would come, we throw the jansports in the can and run
Where the plans was to get funds and skate off the site
To achieve this goal slower, made all my posts drunk
Faced with immeasurable odds, still I gave straight bets
So I felt I'm owed something and you nothing, check
I from the other side where the other guys don't leave the house too much
And girls on Twitter wouldn't fuck us, said we posted too much
So they ran up to Drake shows and sought them dudes to trust
I don't know what the fuck they thought, those ninjas is foul just like us
I'm from where the beef is inevitable, Q4's unforgettable
pirated albums in abundance, cop a bandcamp cut new
Your word was everything, so everything you posted you'd do
You did it, couldn't talk about it if you ain't read it
I'm from where ninjas pull your card, and argue all day about
Who's the best ass eaters, siddx, filler, or Cudder?
Where the beat makers evolve, and soulja girls always are
At each other's throats for the love of Kanye bars
Where cats catch bans, hoping Blackace R-and-R's
But most times find themselves lost up behind grey bars, at all
I'm from where they fail and breed rap cars
I'm from GAFHOP son, just thought I'd remind y'all
This is good.

Raekwon has to be one of the dumbest indie rappers in existence. He started out so well, with CLII doing very well. Since then he has pretty much floundered with delayed and average projects, random remixes, etc.

You can't starve the streets as an indie rapper. We sometimes roll our eyes at a Spitta project or two, but he stays winning because he stays relevant.

Want to get new fans? Do a project with Alchemist. Lorde and Drake remixes aren't doing shit for him. Alch has done dope albums with complete no names, he'd jump at the chance to do a full Rae project.

mooooose

des im checking out bones right now and other than the production and general dark sad boy waviness its not that great what am i missing (other than drugs?)

id really like him if he was just SAYING different things, i like his voice and the production is AAA+++

edit - nevermind its starting to click

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Smh @ rappers jumping on a song that actively shits on what you're rapping about in the verses you're spitting. I haven't heard a remix yet that deals with what she's singing about (which some view as racist).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom