• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
spittagerber3ycv5.jpg
dying

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
ETA on Maino slapping the shit out of Trinidad Jame$?

Dude clowned himself so hard. All of the NY DJs even saying they won't spin him again. Not like anyone was gonna.

cryptic

I always see rappers getting knocked for struggle bars here but wasn't that the foundation for rap as a genre?

I know most rap now is about shitting on your poorer neigbors as soon as you get 10 bands but I think it's good to hear diversity so what's the problem.

All 2hainz and no Killah Priest here?

Also what is that guy eating on the other page looks like circus peanuts stretched vagina but my monitor might be fucked.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I always see rappers getting knocked for struggle bars here but wasn't that the foundation for rap as a genre?

I know most rap now is about shitting on your poorer neigbors as soon as you get 10 bands but I think it's good to hear diversity so what's the problem.

All 2hainz and no Killah Priest here?

Also what is that guy eating on the other page looks like circus peanuts stretched vagina but my monitor might be fucked.
Define struggle bars, especially in the context of the foundation of rap (because styles and rhymes have gotten more complex over time, which doesn't necessarily equate to less-lyrical rhymes today).

cdyhybrid

Define struggle bars, especially in the context of the foundation of rap (because styles and rhymes have gotten more complex over time, which doesn't necessarily equate to less-lyrical rhymes today).

I think we're dealing with two definitions of "struggle bars" here. I think cryptic is referring to bars about The Struggle, which is indeed the foundation of the genre and I don't think anyone here is clowning on that.

The "struggle bars" people clown on here are the "140 characters in these streets", flabby n sick rhymes that people put out when they get lazy.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I feel like the foundation of the genre is battle rap, actually. lowkey.
Well that is where it all started, I don't think it's really a secret, especially considering the most successful and respected MCs of all different eras are cut from that cloth. But back then it was a lot of yes yes y'all etc. sort of freestyles. Battle rap and hip-hop music have evolved considerably since then.

I feel like this gives me an excuse to post more battle rap. JC vs. Chilla Jones is probably the most the most lyrical anything I've ever heard in rap. I've probably watched it 20 times and I still pick up on sub-schemes.

also plugging Ill Will vs. Tay Roc once again Bow Wow nearly fainting in that 2nd Tay Roc round.

put your iPod on shuffle and press play.

Got me there :(

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Do a similar run down of The Red Album for us, breh.

2. The City (Feat. Kendrick Lamar) (in the mood)
3. Drug Test (Feat. Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg & Sly) (in the mood)
4. Martians Vs Goblins (Feat. Tyler, The Creator & Lil Wayne) (skip)
5. Red Nation (Feat. Lil Wayne) (never skip)

7. Good Girls Go Bad (Feat. Drake) (skip)
8. Ricky (skip)
9. The Good, The Bad, The Ugly (skip)
10. Heavy Artillery (Feat. Rick Ross & Beanie Sigel) (in the mood)
11. Paramedics (Feat. Young Jeezy) (never skip)
12. Speakers On Blast (Feat. E-40 & Big Boi) (never skip)
13. Hello (Feat. Lloyd) (in the mood)
14. All The Way Gone (Feat. Mario & Wale) (skip)
15. Pot Of Gold (Feat. Chris Brown) (skip)

17. All I Know (Feat. Lu Breeze) (skip)
18. Born In The Trap (skip)
19. Mama Knows (Feat. Nelly Furtado) (skip)
20. California Dream (skip)

17 songs..

3 songs never skip 4 song when I am in the mood 10 songs I skip

effzee

Anyone else find R Kelly's image laughably pathetic? Yeah dude is super talented but why do R&B singers want to become thug rappers all of a sudden? Its like you have to have 1 image and 1 image only. Being a singer is too soft so even though are you are a singer, you gotta thug it up to get street cred.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Anyone else find R Kelly's image laughably pathetic? Yeah dude is super talented but why do R&B singers want to become thug rappers all of a sudden? Its like you have to have 1 image and 1 image only. Being a singer is too soft so even though are you are a singer, you gotta thug it up to get street cred.
No.

R. Kelly is an even weirder example because he's been doing this and rocking it for a long time.

So I was at Red Lobster about to order the usual (Chicken fingers n fries) but I thought I'd take Gaf-hop's advise and order a grown man meal. So I said fuqqit, gimme dat Cajun chicken with Linguini Alfredo.

So I ordered dat.. then she asked what I'd like on the side. So I saw like baked potato, a salad and stuff..

had to get dem french fries on the side

Cudder

You went to Red Lobster and didn't order any seafood, but instead opted for their microwave quality pasta? In the words of Esch, scust.

CRS

Chicken fingers and fries at a seafood restaurant... smh.

That reminds me of the white 5 yr. old kid getting a burger at a taqueria.

Why.

I bet you still put ketchup in your pasta too.

Wenis, put a picture of him on the Gerber bottle

You went to Red Lobster and didn't order any seafood, but instead opted for their microwave quality pasta? In the words of Esch, scust.

I was kinda full off of them biscuits tho

tbh I would get the burger and fries not chicken fingers.

who gets chicken fingers at a seafood restaurant

Blackace

because R.Kelly is ghetto as fuck... nothing all of sudden about him at all..

He was raised in Chicago projects.. lol are you kidding me?

Blackace

So I was at Red Lobster about to order the usual (Chicken fingers n fries) but I thought I'd take Gaf-hop's advise and order a grown man meal. So I said fuqqit, gimme dat Cajun chicken with Linguini Alfredo.

So I ordered dat.. then she asked what I'd like on the side. So I saw like baked potato, a salad and stuff..

had to get dem french fries on the side

So you go to seafood restaurants and order chicken? Is that what's hot on the streets?

CRS

Red Lobster's shrimp alfredo is some classic shit. I always feel like a boss when I'm swirling that up with my fork and spoon.
That's a little better since that has something that came from the sea.

Dude over there gets a chicken dish and call it cajun since they added a little extra cayenne and paprika.

Disclainer: I have never been to a Red Lobster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom