• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

Punch (TDE President) pulled Kendrick from the GQ Men of the Year performance he was supposed to have on the 12th.

I would post the whole story as to why, but I still don't have a computer so here's the link: http://m.xxlmag.com/entry/view/id/76784

Long story short: Punch feels the story they put up was disrespectful and had some lowkey racism as to them being so calm and disciplined.
This is dumb. You're getting put on in a big way in a year that you guys sat out basically. I mean... The industry is terrible im sure, but you gotta keep your shit together.

Esch

Banned

j4qnLFu3GZNiU.png
Kanye promoting the tamest, safest record on his LP because he realized the public thinks the rest of it is shit

Tokubetsu

He's saving the Buck, Danny Brown, Currensy features for another project :*(

Probably for the best to just ride this year out. Hopefully get some distro deal and drop a retail cd project with those features (at least the Curren$y and Danny features) next year.

Recon

Banned
He should just use the version with the children's choir (Questo is a GOAT bandleader). It sounds way better than the one on the record. Totally ruined the beat with his lame attempt at minimalism and the awful distortion.

Nah, original is great. One of the better tracks on the album.

JohnDoe

Banned
Nah, original is great. One of the better tracks on the album.

Yeah but the fallon version sounds like a lush and coherent production and not some lame-ass edgy attempt at being experimental. Even on Yeezus the track is out of place sonically. He fucked the beat up by adding that retarded lo fi effect or whatever it was to the sample and having weak ass drums on it.

kodecraft

He should just use the version with the children's choir (Questo is a GOAT bandleader). It sounds way better than the one on the record. Totally ruined the beat with his lame attempt at minimalism and the awful distortion.

This. The original was cool but when he does it like this it shows glimpses of that College Dropout/Late Registration/MBDTF Kanye that we enjoy so much.

I'm diggin the Fallon version its so damn "Good Friday" to me.

bowery

bound 2 is the sole backpacker/old ye tribute in yeezus; the rest of the album is extremely solid and very culturally progressive, easily an aoty contendor, don't understand all the hate yeezus gets

jonwayne album is very solid also an aoty contender

the black milk album is decent but yeah its aimed towards a certain audience and doesnt really push the genre forward in any way

hoping the dam funk / snoop dog collab is decent

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
what the hell does this even mean

The live version is better though because the Charlie Wilson transitions feel smoother and more organic.

Cheddahz

Banned

I actually agree with this statement

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
In some record shops in Japan, the section for Hip-Hop is "Black Music."

The way it's been explained to me is that rap and modern American and UK music is always popular with the younger crowd, so hip-hop is a big deal here. But, from what I can see, it's filtered. Hard to explain. But, they enjoy rap and some affect the mannerisms and language without understanding what it all means. If they were American, it would be semi-racist, like the stereotype of the white kid from the burbs pretending they come from Compton, circa 93. But it's not like that. They just genuinely enjoy the music. Like me and mariachi music. Can't understand it at all, but it's fucking great to listen to.

I haven't been here long, so with more observations it will probably change my perceptions a bit.

Esch

Banned
Yo, stay safe midwestern GAF HOP. All yall in cincy and chitown especially, dont go out and do anything stupid today. I'm in the edges of this storm geographically and it's looking dicey as shit outside.

CRS

Yo, stay safe midwestern GAF HOP. All yall in cincy and chitown especially, dont go out and do anything stupid today. I'm in the edges of this storm geographically and it's looking dicey as shit outside.
If Chicago can live through Kanye's Yeezus, they can get through anything.

All jokes aside, stay safe y'all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom