• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Mannnnn I hate that when Kanye does Kanye things, it's basically a bat signal for the thinly veiled racism to come out.

Beefing w a white guy doesn't help that, although I guess that's part of the reason why Kanyes mad.

At some point, you're just going to have to accept that 3% are racists, like anytime a black person does anything, but the other 97% of it is Kanye is a raging egomaniac with deep seated insecurities that drive him to make decent music and very, very stupid decisions everywhere else.

overcast

Ye shouldn't have gotten that hurt over that shit, plain and simple. I'm a huge fan of Kanye, but come on. You're losing right off the bat with that.

Samk

At some point, you're just going to have to accept that 3% are racists, like anytime a black person does anything, but the other 97% of it is Kanye is a raging egomaniac with deep seated insecurities that drive him to make decent music and very, very stupid decisions everywhere else.

Kanye needs not surround himself with yes men. You can't be getting high off your own supply. Like yeah, you're successful bro, but you're not infallible. Learn how to laugh to yourself, Yesus.

DominoKid

Mannnnn I hate that when Kanye does Kanye things, it's basically a bat signal for the thinly veiled racism to come out.

Beefing w a white guy doesn't help that, although I guess that's part of the reason why Kanyes mad.

at this point the hate is just hilarious to me. i look forward to it.

It's pretty clear by now that Kanye is a manic with very deep emotional problems. He was that sheltered kid whose mom told him he could be anything he wanted, encouraged him to play with Barbies to broaden his horizons, and introduced him to high society fashion and ballroom dancing. Then he went to middle school one day, gassed up on estrogen, and some black kid slapped his pillbox hat off and said "stop acting fruity you chipmunk ass ninja."

People have been knocking that hat off his head for years, from the days when NY cats were laughing at his pink polo. But over the last decade he convinced enough people to think and dress like him that you would imagine he'd be happy. Instead he's still upset that there's always going to be someone who doesn't think he can do anything he wants. The shit would be sad if it wasn't so funny. He's an insecure bitch, trying to pretend like he's the ultimate visionary. Visionaries don't tend to give a shit what other people think, breh.

Esch

Banned
I agree that there is definitely some cism directed at Kanye, but cmon lol.

I love the topics about Kanye on GAF, because his dickriders are just as sensitive as he is and they get super aggy.

Kanye is one of the few people I simply refuse to defend from any attacks, even racial shit. Same with Kwame Kilpatrick. I like his music but at this point his behavior is simply indefensible. I'm cool with the rants and the eccentric living but breh...if you can't handle the heat, get the fuck out the skillet. Comedians make fun of everyone, and everything. You can get away with Anne Frank jokes today, and a host of other serious shit. Yet apparently the Word Of Kanye is so sacred it cannot possibly be parodied? Fuckouttahere

He's like a kid who can't handle internet trolls. Get the fuck off the internet then.

however I WILL defend him in that recent paparazzi case, where they were on his property at 4AM. That shit is just pathetic, and he has every right to be mad about that.

PBY

Banned
I agree that there is definitely some cism directed at Kanye, but cmon lol.

I love the topics about Kanye on GAF, because his dickriders are just as sensitive as he is and they get super aggy.

Weirdly, for as hard as I stan ye- the criticisms/hate don't bother me at all. Ye acts the fool all the time, I fully understand that a lot of what's directed at him is more than deserved.

Its just the racist stuff. Not the overt stuff that you can just attribute to the crazies, its the real subtle, just below the surface stuff.

effzee

Weirdly, for as hard as I stan ye- the criticisms/hate don't bother me at all. Ye acts the fool all the time, I fully understand that a lot of what's directed at him is more than deserved.

Its just the racist stuff. Not the overt stuff that you can just attribute to the crazies, its the real subtle, just below the surface stuff.

Like what for example?

The Kimmel skit?

however I WILL defend him in that recent paparazzi case, where they were on his property at 4AM. That shit is just pathetic, and he has every right to be mad about that.

I remember this shit happen to Tommy Lee, and he pulled out a shotgun, but it was during the day. If it was 4am, he would have blasted them fools. Paparazzi gets away with too much bullshit.

IrishNinja

Anger, fear. All the symptoms of a console kid scared and afraid of a future without shitty dual analogs

you know mac kids talk like this, right? these pages are right outta their book

Why we still got auto aim?

we still got control pad drivers for all the genres kb+m plays like ass with?

i agree, gamepads are useless for fighting games

scrub anthem right here, recent studies show nearly 50% of L's caught at evo qualifying matches were followed by this and "...fuck fighting games anyway"

You might like them, but they are not 'good'. Gaming has had to come up with all sorts of methods of having to compensate for their clumsiness and inaccuracy. Auto aim, the automatic platforming found in games like AC and Uncharted, etc, the ever slowing pace of games. It's all because controls for consoles are a bottleneck and despite several reimaginings have still not been able to match KB/M. This controller looks to be a bridge between the two and dev impressions are almost unanimously positive.

this is what happens "master race" PC stanning goes too far..."control bottlenecking" ahaha
okay let's move past the one genre you get with FPS; you can't honestly think kb+m is ideal for platforming. the fact that you don't fuck with nintendo says you likely know about as much with that genre as i do indian cooking, so lemme put you onto something: auto-platforming (uncharted, etc) is a good idea when developing a 3rd person action/adventure title with platforming bits, but you don't want to rework the entire engine for precise platforming controls, or make a game whose jumping sections are shitty and broken. it's a compromise made when a segment doesn't play to a dev's strengths.

do you know what's worse than auto platforming? jumping bits in first person games, which even in HL2 are shit. literally every game that's not Mirror's Edge (coincidentally a title built around said jumps and not shooting, clearly) that attempts platforming in 1st person is varying levels of crap, and that's even true for classics like Metroid Prime.

i like pointer controls, such as what the wiimote+/move did to mimmick the mouse for certain types of games, but a) the keyboard can fuck right outta here for non RTS/FPS with multiple weapons/diablo type shit needing 30 options/etc and b) again, its not needed as a default control option, just like bundling a driving wheel would be great for racers and not much else.

i hope it works out, but right now it looks like a rejected beatmania prototype

Ye wants the american media to suck his dick all the time.

You went after Taylor Swift, its over for you, man.

that's the one move ill defend, even if it was bitchmade: Taylor Swift is fucking terrible and should always have scary black men interrupt her when she goes to publicly speak, much less win shit

Visionaries don't tend to give a shit what other people think, breh.

yup, there it is

IDK what's a worst reaction to the GabePad, that it's a piece of shit before anybody even got any hands on it lolvalve is out of touch, or that somehow conventions/dual analog is a bad thing and this is totally amazing and all you haters are afraid of change thank Gaben for blessin us.

IrishNinja

eh, i can't speak on controllers & ergonomics till i get some time with them, but im apparently way more forgiving than most. i could go back & forth with the stick placement on PS3 & 360 pads with no trouble, where a chunk of gaming side makes shit sound unplayable. if you can fight with DC & GC pads, you can make shit work, i figure...i mean, i had a master system arcade stick thing that was reversed (stick on right, buttons on left), so you can imagine my patience when people cry about the inability to invert controls for certain sections "breaking" a game, etc.

if steambox magically launches with a HL3 beta, motherfuckers are gonna control it with their feet if they have to & praise it as THE FUTURE, its how shit goes

Esch

Banned
this is what happens "master race" PC stanning goes too far..."control bottlenecking" ahaha
okay let's move past the one genre you get with FPS; you can't honestly think kb+m is ideal for platforming. the fact that you don't fuck with nintendo says you likely know about as much with that genre as i do indian cooking, so lemme put you onto something: auto-platforming (uncharted, etc) is a good idea when developing a 3rd person action/adventure title with platforming bits, but you don't want to rework the entire engine for precise platforming controls, or make a game whose jumping sections are shitty and broken. it's a compromise made when a segment doesn't play to a dev's strengths.
I have owned one of every console besides the GCN and Dreamcast. I think i know a little bit about platformers. And no, KB/M isnt ideal for them. I wouldn't suggest it is either. I have gotten a lot better at using KBM for platformers though and it doesnt feel unnatural to me anymore.

do you know what's worse than auto platforming? jumping bits in first person games, which even in HL2 are shit. literally every game that's not Mirror's Edge (coincidentally a title built around said jumps and not shooting, clearly) that attempts platforming in 1st person is varying levels of crap, and that's even true for classics like Metroid Prime.
Nah i found getting around in Dishonored, Far Cry 3 and Dark Messiah to be pretty easy. It doesn't 'feel' nice, but I attribute that to the disorientation of moving through the air in first person more than control.

I don't care for them much. The only types of games I use controllers for are 3rd person action games like DMC, etc. And that is a dying genre. What I don't get is the hate and dismissal for something that is trying to bridge the gap between the two?

EDIT: LOL at you taking shots at 1st person platforming precision. Please go watch a Quake or UT highlight video, thank you.

IrishNinja

I don't care for them much. The only types of games I use controllers for are 3rd person action games like DMC, etc. And that is a dying genre. What I don't get is the hate and dismissal for something that is trying to bridge the gap between the two?

you really think that's a dying genre? maybe im thinking more of 3rd person shooters which are still all over the place, figured action ones were nowhere niche status.
and im talking shit but i just got done saying hope it works out. im open to new control methods, fuck i borrowed a kinect just to try it myself but obviously it was booty buttcheeks.

i was more reacting to your shitting on dual analogs as though they're moden trackballs or IR controllers or something. no they shouldn't be treated as a perfect template, they're just the best for a wider variety of genres than we've made work so far. if this somehow beats that, ill celebrate it, im just not giving the crown away at gabe's first attempt at somethin in a minute, is all

EDIT: LOL at you taking shots at 1st person platforming precision. Please go watch a Quake or UT highlight video, thank you.

didnt fuck with Quake past 3 but you're telling me twitch shooters make do with occasional jumps? aw shit i gotta reevaluate my whole life now

You didn't own a Dreamcast? Ghetto pass revoked!

true OG's know. heathens that let an era of classics go by them like that got what they deserved.

Esch

Banned
you really think that's a dying genre? maybe im thinking more of 3rd person shooters which are still all over the place, figured action ones were nowhere niche status.
and im talking shit but i just got done saying hope it works out. im open to new control methods, fuck i borrowed a kinect just to try it myself but obviously it was booty buttcheeks.
Yeah, it's a dying genre. It peaked in dat ps2 era. it will always be around, but the japanese made the best of these games and they're flabby and sick now.

i was more reacting to your shitting on dual analogs as though they're moden trackballs or IR controllers or something. no they shouldn't be treated as a perfect template, they're just the best for a wider variety of genres than we've made work so far. if this somehow beats that, ill celebrate it, im just not giving the crown away at gabe's first attempt at somethin in a minute, is all
No, but you can't deny that they are in some serious need of a replacement or an upgrade. That was why people in the mainstream initially bought into the Wii. They thought it was going to give us a new level of fidelity and experience to gaming. They are very low "resolution" and haptic feedback/trackpads are a great way to provide that. People use this type technology in surgical equipment, for example.

didnt fuck with Quake past 3 but you're telling me twitch shooters make do with occasional jumps? aw shit i gotta reevaluate my whole life now
Occasional?

true OG's know. heathens that let an era of classics go by them like that got what they deserved.
Relax. I played Shenmue and Power Stone and all that other shyt at a friends house

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Racing games are absolutely turrible on PC/kb/m. Thank god Project Cars is coming to PS4. In general, any game with 360 degree movement I prefer an analog rather than inching in two dimensions. If I need to move at a certain angle, I can immediately pull/push in that direction rather than spam multiple inputs or settle for a 45. I think twitch shooters are the only exception, but that's sort-of a dead genre that I've increasingly lost love for so it's not a big deal.

Esch

Banned
relax. Epic will release a sequel to Liandri Conflict and save the twitch shooting genre

Bulletstorm still dat game though

Esch

Banned
I wish he'd call out Drake again

10drakefallingdegrasi_blmiw.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
relax. Epic will release a sequel to Liandri Conflict and save the twitch shooting genre

Bulletstorm still dat game though
No faith in Epic now that pretty much every big name is gone.

All I hope is that they don't make another Gears. I've had my fill.

Cypher 1 - Wax, Raposdy, Emis Killa (Italy), Rittz & Jon Connor

Cypher 2 - ASAP Mob: Ferg, Twelvy, Nast, Ant, & Rocky

Cypher 3 - Action Bronson, Star life Breezy (@Sprite Winner), Travis Scott, Tiffany Foxx & Lil Kim

Cypher 4 - Slaughterhouse; Joell Ortiz, Crooked I, Royce da 5'9, & Joe Budden

Cypher 5 - TDE; ScHool Boy Q, Jay Rock, Ab Soul, Isaiah Rashad, & Kendrick Lamar ( Kendrick addresses Control record)

Cypher 6 - Real Husbands; JB Smooth, Dwayne Martin, Nelly, Boris K, Nick Cannon, & Kevin Hart (Chocolate Drop)

Cypher 7 - Asia Sparks, Bad Luc, Astro & Problem

And A$AP Ferg won rookie of the year over Earl

Isaiah Rashad already being put in cyphers and shit. good for him.

Odd Future is NEVER going to win an award on BET

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Cypher 1 - Wax, Raposdy, Emis Killa (Italy), Rittz & Jon Connor

Cypher 2 - ASAP Mob: Ferg, Twelvy, Nast, Ant, & Rocky

Cypher 3 - Action Bronson, Star life Breezy (@Sprite Winner), Travis Scott, Tiffany Foxx & Lil Kim

Cypher 4 - Slaughterhouse; Joell Ortiz, Crooked I, Royce da 5'9, & Joe Budden

Cypher 5 - TDE; ScHool Boy Q, Jay Rock, Ab Soul, Isiah Radhad, & Kendrick Lamar ( Kendrick addresses Control record)

Cypher 6 - Real Husbands; JB Smooth, Dwayne Martin, Nelly, Boris K, Nick Cannon, & Kevin Hart (Chocolate Drop)

Cypher 7 - Asia Sparks, Bad Luc, Astro & Problem

And A$AP Ferg won rookie of the year over Earl
Slaughterhouse cypher about to be the best again, looks like.

Can't say I'm really excited for any of the others. Maybe Jay Rock/Kendrick.

I'm not even a Drake fan... But drizzy would ether the shit out of King K dot in a battle.

you'll always be a Soulja Girl. ALWAYS, b.

I don't think Drake has ever legitmately impressed me lyrically. That's not to say I've never liked a Drake song, I like plenty. But lyrically dude is Farina status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom