• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

thabiz

I fux with Boldy heavy. Some of Alch's best beats and Boldy has a good voice. He's not a great rapper but he finesses his way through most of the beats. Personally I thought he outdid Prodigy's Alch project.

Willie...eh. I like him on Russian Roulette but I can't will myself to download his mixtape. I just heard the track with Roc Marci, who killed it but Willie was just meh.

Bronze Nazereth is the truth btw.

Masterpiece Theater was great. you should check it for sure.

Esch

Banned
I fux with Boldy heavy. Some of Alch's best beats and Boldy has a good voice. He's not a great rapper but he finesses his way through most of the beats. Personally I thought he outdid Prodigy's Alch project.

Willie...eh. I like him on Russian Roulette but I can't will myself to download his mixtape. I just heard the track with Roc Marci, who killed it but Willie was just meh.

Bronze Nazereth is the truth btw.

Willie's EP was solid and he fit it well. Aquamarine was dogshit.

Boldy was meh. super tight beats though.

Interesting contrast between these posts. Personally I'd put these guys and Domo on about the same tier really. They're workmanlike and mostly kinda unremarkable emcees, the point is basically just to enjoy the beats. Bronze Nazareth is good I agree.

Is that new AG gonna have Alc beats?

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
How did Ross let Jeezy Shang Tsung his soul like that? smh. You beef with someone that long, then let him dance on your track like that? Audio peace offerings n shit.

"shoutout to them GD's"

lol

thabiz

Interesting contrast between these posts. Personally I'd put these guys and Domo on about the same tier really. They're workmanlike and mostly kinda unremarkable emcees, the point is basically just to enjoy the beats. Bronze Nazareth is good I agree.

Is that new AG gonna have Alc beats?

Domo just has that odd future boringness about him. does zero for me.

Alc is on the new AG. Statik and harry fraud too.

Esch

Banned
Rick Ross ft. Jeezy – War Ready (Prod. by Mike WiLL Made It)

Worst hook of 2014? Beat sounds like a Mike Will throwaway too.. it sounds basic and missing something.

EDIT: Yup I'm confident in saying this song is bad. Both of them lost.

The beat is piff, you're crazy. This shit sounds like a hip hop version of Summoning. Mike Will starting to make cinema music out here. LOL @ Ross shouting out GD's and letting Jeezy murk him on his own shit. That's two lead singles where he's let older rappers style on him, damn. I like the epic sound of what im hearing off this LP, but it's not gonna hit in the streets or on pop radio.

that song's just alright. but damn the beat is fucking nice.

i think godfather 4 by currency is still the one to beat at the moment though.

edit: never mind. beat is kinda boring. i think it just starts off nice. this hook is fucking awful

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The beat is piff, you're crazy. This shit sounds like a hip hop version of Summoning. Mike Will starting to make cinema music out here. LOL @ Ross shouting out GD's and letting Jeezy murk him on his own shit. That's two lead singles where he's let older rappers style on him, damn. I like the epic sound of what im hearing off this LP, but it's not gonna hit in the streets or on pop radio.
I feel like I've heard that beat in 5 different permutations across 3 Khaled albums.

It sounds like a generic trap beat you'd find on YT labelled in x producer's style.

Might just be the hook but I don't see what's special. Sounds like a skeleton, especially for Mike WiLL.

Detox

Mike Will is cementing his position, he needs to work with the God MC. The world needs to hear that raspy voice over beats like this. Young Jizzle killed Ross. That hook needs some effects over it.

codhand

just listened to Boldy again today, really want an instrumental, agree about his voice, flow and command though. just uninteresting is his problem.

SoilBreak

Banned
Lol I was browsing KTT looking for a smiley and I found this: ScHoolboy Q listens to Born Sinner.

jgWqIfL.png

This chorus sounds like someone impersonating Future.

Why didn't they just put on Future?

Speaking of, why does Future sing his chorus' like he's beating someones ass.

beat hits...

chorus sounds like it was written for Future...

yup that shit sounds like a straight up placement track, like those leaked TI records for Detox. Disgusting.

Beat isn't bad but...I'm tired of that trap shit brehs. Jeezy snapped on the beat, Ross sounded boring.

PBY

Banned
War ready is really nice, not something that will change the game or anything tho. Kinda was into the fake yung thug/future hook too.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Big Pooh and L'Orange signed to MMG, name a better rap label out there? I dare you

if they got phonte, or a guy like elzhi I would give MMG the indie label crown by default.

Also I'm not going to lie with gibbs, spitta, ross, and Q dropping soon 2014 is already looking superior to 2013.

HiResDes

The rappers don't suck though, that's a surprise.

What the fuck there isn't some sort of combo deal package with both the instrumental vinyl and regular together...Paying $30 for each is a ripoff.

Yo even Scott Caan killed his verse on Step Brothers.

Dude is out chea making a killing on Hawaii 5-0 yet still killed his verse on the album. Impressive, I didn't expect that shit.

Never doubt Alchemist. I could drop a 3/5 quality project if he gave me beats. I'd call it Dark Kid Lite World, shit would end up getting more votes than Qxymoron in the 2014 GAF 2014 rap AOTY awards no fucking doubt.

coldvein

Banned
my girlfriend might hunt it down.

shit.

i was just trying to teach some people about outkast, then it devolved into breast groping and nipple pinching

OUTKAST

lets go to sasquatch

thabiz

Dude is out chea making a killing on Hawaii 5-0 yet still killed his verse on the album. Impressive, I didn't expect that shit.

Never doubt Alchemist. I could drop a 3/5 quality project if he gave me beats. I'd call it Dark Kid Lite World, shit would end up getting more votes than Qxymoron in the 2014 GAF 2014 rap AOTY awards no fucking doubt.
Id vote for it. Fuck Q.

coldvein

Banned
both are some exxxcellent jams.

throwaways, both.

Q wouldnt know how to chop a chop salad if it was put in front of his face. ham, a hard egg, and all.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
The rappers don't suck though, that's a surprise.

What the fuck there isn't some sort of combo deal package with both the instrumental vinyl and regular together...Paying $30 for each is a ripoff.
Fuckin agreed man. That's why I'm doin instrumental before album.

Instrumental Alch > Rapper over Alch beats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom