• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKong

Is it just me or does "Move That Dope" sound awful? its so generic I already forgot it after playing it and its nothing like Pluto. If this is what Future's new album is gonna be like then idk

Is it just me or does "Move That Dope" sound awful? its so generic I already forgot it after playing it and its nothing like Pluto. If this is what Future's new album is gonna be like then idk
Shit is dope as Fuck to me and I don't think generic applies AT ALL besides you know dope boy shit

thabiz

a1076121065_2.jpg

War Against Music

Kwixotik

Holy shit that Blue Chips 2 show was straight fire.

First of all, having a hardcore punk band open for you is legit as fuck, it was a free for all of puffy jackets and combat boots. It was hilarious watching hip.hop heads unsure what to do when a pit opened up in front of them. It was like a whole new world and most of em got called out by the singer. Then Bronson runs out on stage and stage dives into the pit and wrecks everyone for a track and bounces.

His show was legit on another level. Dude runs through blue chips 2, some back catalog and SAAB shit. He's puffing from everyone joint, blunt and vape that's being handed to him. He tosses out to the crowd at least twenty, gram case full of wax, premium that shit runs 50-60 per gram, low grade is like 40. Then he bounces from the stage for a bit to do his own dab before coming back out and getting back into shenanigans.

The show was rad as fuck and I had to buy the hoodie he had for sale. BC2 artwork on a blue hoodie. Fuckin love it.

Good ass night.

I am extremely jealous

DominoKid

i'm only posting this because i don't know what to make of it.

dude is kinda like white RHQ/Future jack w/ beats from all the usuals (Chop, Lex, Metro, etc)

basically it's fuckery. i like that Drugz joint tho.

PBY

Banned

dude is kinda like white RHQ/Future jack w/ beats from all the usuals (Chop, Lex, Metro, etc)

damn, its white future?

super corny, but i can fuck w/ it. Its wavey enough.

it's gonna be real funny when all the soulja girls in the joint are stanning him next year.

it's gonna be real funny when all the soulja girls in the joint are stanning him next year.

Nothing wrong with a turnaround. I fucking hated Mac miller and asap ferg about a year or two ago. Then they both released pretty damn good albums

This dude has potential for soulja girl music. I doubt he can release anything past decent though, that voice is kinda corny

Just found this long ass interview from 2006 with KRS-One's brother about the KRS-One/PM Dawn incident and other random NY hip-hop stories from that time period. Pretty damn detailed. Part 1 | Part 2 | Part 3

the incident:

So this guy with us takes the record off the turntable and smashes it, but the music is still playin’. I guess whoever saw what was goin’ on stopped the DAT. PM Dawn had some girl dancers up there – this guy pushes one of the dancers into the crowd – hard! And I remember she tried to sue Kris a few months after that. While this guy’s doin’ this, Kris comes up. PM Dawn is not knowin’ what’s goin’ on – imagine, he’s in show mode and his music stops – and Kris grabs the microphone, so they both have it. Like a tug-of-war for a second, and then Kris pushes him and takes the microphone in his hand. Right at the same time, the guy who pushed the girl into the crowd punches PM Dawn in his face – POW! Then he punches him again – POW! In the face, twice. Then, if I recall, Just-Ice pushed him off [the stage] and Prince Be fell into the crowd. I don’t remember dudes jumping him and beating him up. The crowd in the front backed-up when he fell – you couldn’t really see what was goin’ on, it looked like a robbery. Then Kris has the mic and he goes “BDP is in the motherfuckin’ house!” and then everybody was like “Hooo!”, the whole crowd was like that, and right at that moment I threw on “Still #1″ [does the horn part]. It was over! People was jumping up and down and they was goin’ crazy and screamin’…it was like a riot!

the KRS-One contradiction

I think Kris is two kinds of MC’s. He’s a battle rapper, and he came-up battling, and he’s had a lot of numerous battles that people know about – and don’t even know about – AND he’s also a conscious rapper who tries to talk about upliftment of our race, the government, and things goin’ on. I think there’s no way you can be both without being contradictory, in my opinion. The problem Kris has had over the years is that when he starts talking about the government, about “Black man rise up”, people start saying “Yo, he’s too preachy. Edutainment was too preachy. Whatever happened to Criminal Minded? Why won’t he make ’9MM’? Why won’t he rhyme like that?” Then when he makes battle records, then the “conscious” people go “Oh, he’s contradictory. How’s he talkin’ about snapping a MC’s neck? He’s supposed to be talkin’ about ‘Stop The Violence’!” The problem is that Kris would’ve had to leave one of those behind. Either he would’ve had to say “I’m not a battle rapper. I ain’t making those kind of records ever again”, or he would’ve had to say “I’m a battle rapper. I’m not making conscious records ever again”. Every album he has, he’ll do both. He’ll talk about things things going on in society, then he’ll make records talkin’ about how he’ll crush an MC.

overcast

Q hates Hands on the Wheel. I feel vindicated for my opinion. The song has way too much of Kudi's identity in the sound.
Dope track, and one of his most popular. He should take advantage of it.

Funny, I liked Mac Miller more than Soul in 2013. Dude needs to turn this shit around.

Lots of artists have a song that they hate, but they made it to get bigger. Q's hands on the wheel was a big track for him but with what he said I'm not surprised he's tired of it.

Other examples are like Kanye not liking Gold Digger and Eminem hating My Name Is.

Kendrick will probably get tired of m.A.A.d city eventually lol.

injurai

Banned
Man I'm not even trying to hate. He's probably putting out my favorite sounds of rap in years. All I'm saying is that one song can't shake Kudi's identity. Producers fault not Q's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom