• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I like Q, a lot but don't think he is going to blow me away... But I think his album will be very good. Everything has gotten too stupid with he sucks or he the best...

I don't think Q sucks, I just don't think he's a good songwriter. He makes dope music but he's just missing that factor that has propelled other guys, from Drake to even Cole, to success.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Q has a perfect "lane" (as you guys say) on tracks like There He Goes or My Hating Joint that capture that groovy, laid back stoner vibe that suites him so well, but I still don't buy him as a club rapper. He just doesn't have the energy or charisma of a 2chainz or Meek Mill or whatever. I find him lethargic and boring on tracks like Man of the Year. I just hope the new album has more variety than the first few singles would suggest.

overcast

Man of the Year is a terrific party song. Collard Greens too, just don't really need anymore of that. "Gangsta" Q is my favorite kind.

Macca

We need to have a Plug - Top 5 videos of like the last 5 years or something.

Shit, Kanye got it on lock.

Mercy, Power,
Bound 2

Also, no Turquoise Jeep. That's cheating.

Man, seems like every time I think to myself, I haven't heard a dope Mike Will beat in awhile. He surprises with something that sounds nothing like he has done before

injurai

Banned
Q has a perfect "lane" (as you guys say) on tracks like There He Goes or My Hating Joint that capture that groovy, laid back stoner vibe that suites him so well, but I still don't buy him as a club rapper. He just doesn't have the energy or charisma of a 2chainz or Meek Mill or whatever. I find him lethargic and boring on tracks like Man of the Year. I just hope the new album has more variety than the first few singles would suggest.

Must be why I like him.

Man of the Year is a terrific party song. Collard Greens too, just don't really need anymore of that. "Gangsta" Q is my favorite kind.

I want more of those, but I guess not exclusively. I also like how his persona is not one of trying to prove that he's gangsta.

Mastermind Tracklist

81f25f80a8.png

Has the madgibbs tracklist been posted? I'm probably late or sth

1. Supplier
2. Scarface
3. Deeper
4. High (feat. Danny Brown)
5. Harold’s
6. Bomb (feat. Raekwon)
7. shytsville
8. Thuggin’
9. Real
10. Uno
11. Robes (feat. Domo Genesis & Earl Sweatshirt)
12. Broken (feat. Scarface)
13. Lakers (feat. Ab-Soul & Polyester the Saint)
14. Knicks
15. Shame (feat. BJ The Chicago Kid)
16. Watts (feat. Big Time Watts)
17. Piñata (feat. Domo Genesis, G-Wiz, Casey Veggies, Sulaiman, Meechy Darko & Mac Miller)

Looks good to me. Really good.

Esch

Banned
Looking forward to Mastermind, though I'm worried that he won't have as many tracks to carry him. He's a fucking idiot for not including I Wonder Why on his album. That's one of the better things he's done since GFID. It's very strange that all of these socially conscious rappers didn't respond musically in a significant way to the Trayvon Martin trial and Rick Ross did.

DeadTsar

Wassup guys,

Pick a coast to rep - No idea
Favorite Artist - Kid Cudi
Best feature killer - Weeknd
Favourite producer - El-p
Favourite album - MBDTF
What's in your playlist right now? - Future, Kanye, Fredo Santana

Rank Kanye's albums: MBDTF>YEEZ>GRAD>808=CD>LR
Who is the best Wu-Tang member? RZA
Optional: Raekwon or Ghostface? Ghostface
Is Illmatic > Nas' whole life? Yep
Who won? Nas or Nas? Nas won the battle, Jay won the war
Biggie or Pac? Biggie
Lil B? Is he a genius or mentally challenged? Genius
How do you feel about Macklemore? Nothing
Best odds on coming out before you die: Dre's Detox, GZA's Liquid Swords 2, or Jay Electronica - whatever? JAY ELEC I STILL BELIEVE

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Just met a dude at work who's best friend directs TDE music videos. From Druggies Wit Hoes 2 to Swimming Pools.

1. Supplier
2. Scarface
3. Deeper
5. Harold’s
6. Bomb (feat. Raekwon)
7. shytsville
8. Thuggin’
9. Real
10. Uno
14. Knicks
17. Piñata (feat. Domo Genesis, G-Wiz, Casey Veggies, Sulaiman, Meechy Darko & Mac Miller)

fucking hyped

1. Supplier
2. Scarface
3. Deeper
5. Harold’s
6. Bomb (feat. Raekwon)
7. shytsville
8. Thuggin’
9. Real
10. Uno
14. Knicks

Looking forward to this.

I like new school posse cuts.
Meechy Darko BNM

Wassup guys,

Pick a coast to rep - No idea
Favorite Artist - Kid Cudi
Best feature killer - Weeknd
Favourite producer - El-p
Favourite album - MBDTF
What's in your playlist right now? - Future, Kanye, Fredo Santana

Rank Kanye's albums: MBDTF>YEEZ>GRAD>808=CD>LR
Who is the best Wu-Tang member? RZA
Optional: Raekwon or Ghostface? Ghostface
Is Illmatic > Nas' whole life? Yep
Who won? Nas or Nas? Nas won the battle, Jay won the war
Biggie or Pac? Biggie
Lil B? Is he a genius or mentally challenged? Genius
How do you feel about Macklemore? Nothing
Best odds on coming out before you die: Dre's Detox, GZA's Liquid Swords 2, or Jay Electronica - whatever? JAY ELEC I STILL BELIEVE
Welcome!

codhand

holy shit, is curren$y ok? is he getting enough paper plate poverty meals? maybe log out of karmaloop and grab a bite, no?

Curren$y and Young Roddy, retroactive Top Ten 2013

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
OKE is not good.

Out of 19 tracks, good songs:
In The City (The beat/hook only really)
F.I.V.E. (Its annoying me that I can't remember what song this samples)
Td
Same Hoes
Pour Up Remix (Not even his song)

Some good production in places but Game phoned it in as most of these sound like Jesus Piece throwaways and has a bit of trouble adjusting his flow to some of these Bay-esque beats, which is surprising considering his versatility.

I fux with Boldy heavy. Some of Alch's best beats and Boldy has a good voice. He's not a great rapper but he finesses his way through most of the beats. Personally I thought he outdid Prodigy's Alch project.

Willie...eh. I like him on Russian Roulette but I can't will myself to download his mixtape. I just heard the track with Roc Marci, who killed it but Willie was just meh.

Bronze Nazereth is the truth btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom