• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

mooooose

riff raff is an underrated freestyler, hes one of the only current guys who continuously uses multisyllables off the dome

mooooose

you know what's something really respectable about danny brown? for someone who does SO many drugs, he NEVER shows up fucked up to shows, interviews, anything. he's never tweaked out in an interview at 9am. he's never falling asleep from getting high.

he's a pretty respectful dude in that regard

Later... With Jools Holland has a lot of great performances actually. I thought I'd seen the name before so I Google'd. He's also apparently a very highly regarded piano player.

JohnDoe

Banned
peEJHz0.gif

new favorite gif

Jooney

overcast

Man my family is never going to take it easy. They're going to tear each other apart. My oldest brother needs psychological help. I need to find a way to admit him or something. He's talking suicidal, they need to understand it's gotta be dealt with.

They really should have helped years ago when this started.

IrishNinja

I miss Tupac today

RIP pac

i end up feelin this way every few months, just end up being grateful that he put out such a body of work in his short time...its so crazy that i can revisit different albums/mindsets and kinda remember where i was at the time too, not many artists manage that for me

Man my family is never going to take it easy. They're going to tear each other apart. My oldest brother needs psychological help. I need to find a way to admit him or something. He's talking suicidal, they need to understand it's gotta be dealt with.

for real overcast, good luck with this man. not to get into shit too much here but my family absolutely has these problems - addiction, depression, codependency etc - and its a motherfucker watching someone spiral down and feel guilty for not taking the ride with them, but getting someone to do some shit when they don't want to...do what you can m'man & stay strong but keep a healthy distance as best you can doing so, you know? really don't envy you in this spot.

Just wanna say I rediscovered ATLiens when it popped up on my rotation and now I'm just banging that shit everywhere

We're all in agreement this shit is like, Top 10 rap album of all-time, right? I know some prefer Aquemini, but this shit is just so godlike.

Just wanna say I rediscovered ATLiens when it popped up on my rotation and now I'm just banging that shit everywhere

We're all in agreement this shit is like, Top 10 rap album of all-time, right? I know some prefer Aquemini, but this shit is just so godlike.
ATLiens is their best album and I'm very happy that Elevators is in GTAV.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™

Over I wish you and yours the best. I really do. Depression is serious stuff.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

People who prefer Aquemini are just horrible people

Blackace

My mother and older brother are bi-polar

Hard to treat if they don't want help

you know what's something really respectable about danny brown? for someone who does SO many drugs, he NEVER shows up fucked up to shows, interviews, anything. he's never tweaked out in an interview at 9am. he's never falling asleep from getting high.

he's a pretty respectful dude in that regard

Hrmm I've seen him drugged out in plenty of interviews. I'm sure he's sober in a lot of them too, but yeah. Love danny brown, but he loves his drugs most definitely

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser

Best of luck man. I can relate, depression runs deep in both sides of my family, and it's a struggle to balance wanting to be supportive, but also avoiding that feeling of just slamming my head into a wall over and over because nothing ever changes with them no matter how hard we try. I've got a little of that shit in me as well, but not nearly as much as some of my extended family. I can manage mine, they clearly cant.

Yo Siddx, what were your thoughts on Stay Trippy? Must've missed them.

I liked it for what it is. Some great beats, Juicy is funny, but I've never been a big fan of his rapping. His charisma and silliness is what draws me to his music, lyrics and flow wise, I think Juicy is pretty fucking awful. Especially on anything that doesn't sound like old three 6. He fit on those beats, but when he was going over lex imitation beats a few years back he sounded out of place to me. And while I enjoy stay trippy, it is prone to fatigue. It's an album I really enjoy on random mixed with other albums. Trying to listen straight through sometimes feels like I am listening to the same song over and over. Money A Do It is my shit though.

Might as well keep babbling while I'm at it.
I like the variety on BOATS2 but the album feels like it lacks high points. It's all a smooth ride with no real standouts, no track I go back to over and over besides maybe netflix. And like Juicy, chainz gets by on being fucking hilarious and goofy. Tracks like netflix that are just a perfect blend of stupid and funny and catchy. But dude has some truly truly awful lyrics and hooks. Sometimes I am in complete awe at how terrible he is. But then he says 'got a lake in my yard filled with duck nigga' and I just laugh and be entertained.

overcast

Thanks a lot guys. I agree about it being impossible to force somebody to commit, just makes me feel helpless.

Drake.. What are you wearing?

Was at a party tonight and was talking to this chick..

She said her favorite rapper was Nas and I was like Damn okay.

Asked her what were her favorite songs and albums by him and she said I can and her top three was Hip Hop Is Dead, God's Son and Nastradamus

7069.gif

Tokubetsu

Was at a party tonight and was talking to this chick..

She said her favorite rapper was Nas and I was like Damn okay.

Asked her what were her favorite songs and albums by him and she said I can and her top three was Hip Hop Is Dead, God's Son and Nastradamus

7069.gif

You did the right thing. Only other acceptable response would have been to roll with it and get a hate fuck while "Come Get Me" was playing in the bg.

Really though, how you 3 favorite Nas albums gonna be 3 of the weakest Nas albums? You shoulda said "okay top 5" just so she coulda finished it with untitled and street's disciple.

Seriously. Know that saying? "Life's too short to dance with fat chicks." Yeah, life's too short to fuck with people who think Nastradamus is a good album.

IrishNinja

we could rank ye albums in terms of how much each changed the game forever, but that's pretty tough since they're all on equal footing /peter, maybe dom (with a tip of the hat to enzoes)

now see, you missed a golden opportunity to keep conversing with this bizarro world ambassador to see what hip hop is top on her planet.

Best Wu albums? "The Sting, The W, and Legendary Weapons"

Best Jay albums? "Life and Times of S. Carter, Blueprint 2, Blueprint 3"

Best Def Jam? "Icon man, shit was CLASSIC"

Blackace

Best of luck man. I can relate, depression runs deep in both sides of my family, and it's a struggle to balance wanting to be supportive, but also avoiding that feeling of just slamming my head into a wall over and over because nothing ever changes with them no matter how hard we try. I've got a little of that shit in me as well, but not nearly as much as some of my extended family. I can manage mine, they clearly cant.

I liked it for what it is. Some great beats, Juicy is funny, but I've never been a big fan of his rapping. His charisma and silliness is what draws me to his music, lyrics and flow wise, I think Juicy is pretty fucking awful. Especially on anything that doesn't sound like old three 6. He fit on those beats, but when he was going over lex imitation beats a few years back he sounded out of place to me. And while I enjoy stay trippy, it is prone to fatigue. It's an album I really enjoy on random mixed with other albums. Trying to listen straight through sometimes feels like I am listening to the same song over and over. Money A Do It is my shit though.

Might as well keep babbling while I'm at it.
I like the variety on BOATS2 but the album feels like it lacks high points. It's all a smooth ride with no real standouts, no track I go back to over and over besides maybe netflix. And like Juicy, chainz gets by on being fucking hilarious and goofy. Tracks like netflix that are just a perfect blend of stupid and funny and catchy. But dude has some truly truly awesome lyrics and hooks. Sometimes I am in complete awe at how terrible he is. But then he says 'got a lake in my yard filled with duck nigga' and I just laugh and be entertained.

I got Juicy J is awesome from this

T Dollarz

I can't decide if I like Stay Trippy more or Trap Lord..

Easily "Trap Lord" for me. A bunch of good songs, a couple weak songs, and a couple fucking amazing songs. 8/10. Stay Trippy is good, has its moments, but it isn't memorable. And there aren't any go-to songs. 7/10

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I can't decide if I like Stay Trippy more or Trap Lord..

Don't understand the trap lord love at all. Fergavicous, work, let it go, and hood pope are the only things I still occasionally listen to. Didn't want to do that is almost good enough but it devolves into complete nonsense studio thug bullshit. Some rappers can pull it off, ferg cant. Even counting didn't want to do that, thats a 5/13 album, which is not a good ratio.

PBY

Banned
Don't understand the trap lord love at all. Fergavicous, work, let it go, and hood pope are the only things I still occasionally listen to. Didn't want to do that is almost good enough but it devolves into complete nonsense studio thug bullshit. Some rappers can pull it off, ferg cant. Even counting didn't want to do that, thats a 5/13 album, which is not a good ratio.
Trap lord is new and different. Juicy j is just a solid mixtape.

Blackace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom