• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanna say I rediscovered ATLiens when it popped up on my rotation and now I'm just banging that shit everywhere

We're all in agreement this shit is like, Top 10 rap album of all-time, right? I know some prefer Aquemini, but this shit is just so godlike.

Easily in my top three Hip-Hop albums of all time.

God's Son ain't a bad album though, i'd argue the highs can be higher than say Street's Disciple

God's Son is a solid album. The striking thing about it is that it has a couple legitimately BAD records on it that make no sense sonically, like Zone Out. It's like whenever Nas' brother gets on a record, it's some bullshit.

Trey

Just wanna say I rediscovered ATLiens when it popped up on my rotation and now I'm just banging that shit everywhere

We're all in agreement this shit is like, Top 10 rap album of all-time, right? I know some prefer Aquemini, but this shit is just so godlike.

One of the only unskippable albums for me.

Cudder

UHHHHHHHH
ferg can't rap either
UHHHHHHHH

his flows are way more entertaining than JJ's, plus he actually has some insightful verses on Trap Lord..from what I remember, Stay Trippy was just 100% ignant shit, or saying the same thing over and over in multiple ways

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
2 Chainz can't fucking rap at all, and Juicy J can barely rap, these are facts that I've had to come to terms with
2 Chainz can rap much better than Juicy J when he tried. But it's not like either of these guys are in the game to rap. You really pulling the lyricism card here?

And at least 2 Chainz has more charisma, better punchlines, better quotables, better production, better songs flat out etc. Everyone else is 2-3 steps behind him right now. Juicy J is busy remaking the same sound over and over and sleeptalking over beats.

HiResDes

All Me is probably my favorite track on Nothing Was The Same, not because of Chainz, but because of Sean...Dude was spitting! It's definitely a 3/5 mic album for me though.

Nothing was the same kinda let me down a bit in the long run.

There's no real heat on the album. It's a good play through though.

Cocaine Castle and Hood Pope >

EloquentM

aka Mannny
NTWS is a disappointing album when coming off of take care, but I still enjoyed it. It's in rotation now but won't be for long. I can always go back to take care. That album is actually great.

Gucci apologizing on twitter.

Woke up the other day out this hospital bed & I'm so embarrassed & ashamed of my behavior that was brought to my attention. (Cont)

I just wanna man up right now & take this time to apologize to my family, friends, the industry & most of all my fans. I'm SORRY! (Cont)

I've been drinking lean for 10plus years & I must admit it has destroyed me. I wanna be the first rapper to admit (cont)

I'm addicted to lean & that **** ain't no joke. I can barely remember all the things I've done & said. However there's no excuse. (Cont)

I'm currently incarcerated but I will be going to rehab because I need help. I wanna thank everyone that has stood by me (cont)

during this difficult time. Please keep me in your prayers. #GUWOP

Gucci Mane ✔ @gucci1017

I wanna personally apologize to birdman ross & drake. Dem my niggas. I 100% regret my words & actions .

Gucci Mane ✔ @gucci1017

Wrote sum new hard shit can't wait to get out dis hell hole so y'all can hear dis shit
12:59 PM - 22 Sep 2013

Gucci Mane ✔ @gucci1017

Keyshia Dior Kaoir I'm sorry. Please forgive me
1:04 PM - 22 Sep 2013

CRS

Stay tuned for my new mixtape series, Trapped in Rehab 1, 2, 3, coming soon.

good for him though and thanks for that great day of entertainment, Gucci.

DominoKid

Guwop
Rb0avpg.png

overcast

Maybe NWTS hit at a right time, but I've been listening to it non-stop for the past few days. Revisited Take Care and I just don't enjoy it as much. Though there are some really great songs on it. I still think it's a bloated album with some pretty horrendous features.

CRS

Besides doing it manually, I don't think so. You can take screenshots of the list and then display them horizontally.

Stay Trippy > BOATS II > Trap Lord

stay trippy is way more consistent imo. BOATS 2 probably has higher highs though

also, checking out the MNIMN samples... damn

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Listened to NWTS against my better judgement. Tuscan Leather got me ready to write my apology to y'all. Then the rest of the record happened. Not sure what you Drizzy fans like about his music, it's dull, shiny and insubstantial to my ears.

JohnDoe

Banned
Listened to NWTS against my better judgement. Tuscan Leather got me ready to write my apology to y'all. Then the rest of the record happened. Not sure what you Drizzy fans like about his music, it's dull, shiny and insubstantial to my ears.

Yup.
Furthest Thing or whatever that song was called is my shit though.

Yup.
Furthest Thing or whatever that song was called is my shit though.
Agreed on all points, I probably like it more than WW, but those criticisms are apt.

Mau ®

Nothing Was The Same deff ain't as good as Take Care but I think that was a hard bar to reach. I'm enjoying it though (just came out in Europe).

NWTS is the definition of forgettable, after a somewhat solid first half. Lots of simple shit, and the songwriting isn't as interesting as his previous album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom