• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

started from the bottom is a given, from time, too much, pound cake, come through, and maybe one other are solid tracks by me...some simp anthems around em but it's a drake album. i honestly don't know what some of ya'll want from albums - whip tests, 13/∞ on the accursed esha scale, etc - but if you've enjoyed drizzy's albums, there's more here for you.
dull, shiny and insubstantial is how i'd describe a park bench in a town you've probably never heard of.

Mr.Swag

Banned
I like Aquemini more because ATLiens has that space sound all around the record, and i don't like the effect too much.
But their both great albums.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Is Duets: The Final Chapter any good? I'm always real skeptical about posthumous remix albums for any genre, really.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Possibly but not for enjoying Aquameni over Atleans I'm not.

It's a proven fact..

Actually, I never understood the love for the 3rd album... It has it's highs and moments but it is no where near as complete as ATLiens or as pure awesome as Southernplaya...

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
It's a proven fact..

Actually, I never understood the love for the 3rd album... It has it's highs and moments but it is no where near as complete as ATLiens or as pure awesome as Southernplaya...

Well I love southernplaya most of all. I put it up there with Illmatic for just quality/potential that it has.

Everyone knows the best stations are Chatterbox, Rebel Radio and then the station that plays soul and the funk station.

Y'all listening to rap like some lames. Boring. *yawn*

The dub/reggae/dancehall station with Lee Perry is great too but y'all not ready.

really late on this gta station talk but yeah rebel radio and the dub station are the best forreal.

also is jb smoove the dude talking on chakra show on talk radio? sounds just like him.

Tokubetsu

really late on this gta station talk but yeah rebel radio and the dub station are the best forreal.

also is jb smoove the dude talking on chakra show on talk radio? sounds just like him.

It is him.

Also, Drake did some kinda QA thing in NYC today. Apparently he did a song with Wu-Tang that you will hear soon and he spoke with Ghostface on the phone a few days ago and Ghost told Drake that he's one of his favorite MCs and a huge fan.

good to hear the wu loves drake. he spits pretty good on stuff like no new friends and 5am in toronto.

that collab will be good (if not a bit strange)

IrishNinja

i wish i could like that track more...it's not bad, it's just another simp track is all
and i see you, disciple of shinobis on that one eh? its a solid argument but im on some boxing shit: 36 chambers is pound-for-pound the tighter album. the highs for Forever are crazy high & RZA clearly did some of his finest work there, but i still can't abide...lotta great tracks but i think i skip maybe 1 on the original, that's crazy for me

DominoKid

Nothing Was The Same: 8.6 | BNM
The Drake Era has ended; welcome to the Drake Regime. Aubrey Graham's gone from an unlikely rapper to an accepted rapper to maybe the biggest rapper out, all in four years, and he's the genre's biggest pop crossover star. Kanye has, for the moment, stepped out of the pop-radio wars, which means that Drake currently has no meaningful competition. On Nothing Was the Same, he acts accordingly-- the mansion doors swing shut behind you and he mostly stops pretending to be nice.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Haven't even bothered to listen to it yet. Last two Drake albums bored me to death, I want to give this one a shot but I just don't have the motivation so far. Drake raps like he's afraid of waking up the kids in the next room. Dude just isn't my style.

Detox

That review is riding Drake's dick too hard. Only rapper Drake can body is brain dead Wayne and Sean. Birdman is a better rapper not to mention King Kendrick.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
That review is riding Drake's dick too hard. Only rapper Drake can body is brain dead Wayne and Sean. Birdman is a better rapper not to mention King Kendrick.

rofl

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
If I could get an instrumental record for NWTS I'd gladly put that shit on my top ten.

Otherwise nah, even if I do agree that Tuscan leather is fuckin hot.

mooooose

Why is so much time being spent on this farce considering the album won't sell 70k before Kendrick's next album is released. Just drop the songs with sample clearances and throw the album out, nobody cares but us.
A critically acclaimed album builds the TDE brand. It's their first release as an imprint on interscope.

I'm cool with them trying to get all the samples cleared, it just sucked. "Sing About Me" from GKMC was on the fence because of clearances and I think that's objectively one of the best songs of all time. It would've been a complete shame if it didn't come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom