• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
I hate NWTS, but I have to admit Pound Cake is amazing. Drake's verse is good, they flipped Ellie Goulding (who i love) on some Just Blaze shit, and Jay came with a pretty good swag verse for a change. It's the best song on the album. PMM2 was a mistake though. Shouldna done that.

Tuscan Leather, SFTB, Worst Behavior, Hold On We're Going Home, PMM. Sohhh, 4.5/13 on the Esch Scale.

mooooose

At least Blackout 2 was a good album.
I hate NWTS, but I have to admit Pound Cake is amazing. Drake's verse is good, they flipped Ellie Goulding (who i love) on some Just Blaze shit, and Jay came with a pretty good swag verse for a change. It's the best song on the album. PMM2 was a mistake though. Shouldna done that.

Tuscan Leather, SFTB, Hold On We're Going Home, PMM. Sohhh, 3.5/13 on the Esch Scale.

I haven't listened to it but I know Pound Cake is amazing just because of the Raekwon remix. I thought it was his beat and bugged out but it figures Rae would never find a beat of his own this good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Mxd7_fb9bw

Lyrically this is one of Rae's best songs in years. You can't tell me otherwise. And the beat is so perfect. He destroyed it. I wish I could have an album in this vein.

overcast

image.php
Was just listening to that song. Chills.

Listening to New Jet City, tape had some dope ass songs on it. The Choosin beat.

New God Flow Ghost was sooooo great. They just need to get out there. Do some crazy shit and stop playing it safe. The best thing they have done in a while is a soundtrack for RZA's kung fu movie. HIS FUCKING MOVIE.

mooooose

New God Flow Ghost was sooooo great. They just need to get out there. Do some crazy shit and stop playing it safe. The best thing they have done in a while is a soundtrack for RZA's kung fu movie. HIS FUCKING MOVIE.
It's one of his best verses in 10 years. Up there with My Guitar/Heart Gently Weeps. I think that's the only one that is better. Classic Ghost on that track. He murdered it. That song is a great song, really underrated. Pusha has awesome quotables.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Also people forget that Too Short has6 plat albums, and 3 gold ones..

Esch

Banned
I haven't listened to it but I know Pound Cake is amazing just because of the Raekwon remix. I thought it was his beat and bugged out but it figures Rae would never find a beat of his own this good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Mxd7_fb9bw

Lyrically this is one of Rae's best songs in years. You can't tell me otherwise. And the beat is so perfect. He destroyed it. I wish I could have an album in this vein.
LOX Pound Cake > Jay and Drake Pound Cake > Rae Pound Cake

They're all dope though.

mooooose

That Nosetalgia video is ok. The direction was better than the cinematography but whatever it was clearly a 0 budget video. Song was cool too. How is MNIMN? I haven't listened yet but I'm hype for it honestly, King Push is great and this was good.

This is one of the few recent Kendrick features that he didn't murder the artist he was with. Pusha held his own. Good verse.

HiiiLife

King Push, Suicide, SNITCH & Nosestalgia are all you need. I personally could do without the rest. Maybe in a good mood I'll listen to 40 Acres. But that's it for me.

mooooose

This DJ Rashad album is blowing my mind still. Feelin, Show u How, Pass that Shit, She a Go, I don't Give a Fuck, Double Cup, like are u kidding

Kendrick wanted Nas to be on Sing About Me.

Wonder how that would've been.

Track could've been 15 minutes if they didn't separate Dying of Thirst from it.

IrishNinja

oh, some of ya'll squares finally read the OP, neat

also can this new jr member get the fuckouttahere, that'd be great - czarface, 12 reasons & walter reed > your opinions/life

Nas' diss was more childish in comparison

you too with this

LOL at everyone tiptoeing around the Wu sucking and being
flabbynsick.png
cause it's the Wu though. I guess we all have double standards right.

this is pretty hilarious from a MCHG fan

Blackace

You don't find a lot of Life After Death poppy?

Granted its not all like that

Not overly. Most of his features were with Bad Boy artist.. He made a few for the radio hits that he learned from what got airplay from Ready to Die, but nothing crossover level of Jay-Z

Blackace

Ah I thought you guys were talking about lyricists who sold well, my bad. Was gonna say Nas had like 4 or 5 multi plat albums.

Fo sure... he was saying you can't be ugly and lyrical.. but Biggie and Jay kinda negate that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom