• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

naw

if they are, i'm just assuming they haven't bothered to witness the fall down a mountain GZA's career has been since Grandmasters. Just awful. His live performances look like deleted scenes from The Walking Dead.
Wu-Tang in general is
flabbynsick.png
breh. I dunno how people enjoy albums like Czarface and 12 Reasons. Those two tapes and that Raekwon mixtape were some of most borings tapes to drop this year.

Look at the beats RZA makes nowadays. It's discustin

Esch

Banned
Right all the time 75% of the time (like today)

Nope, it's right literally 0% of the time. You're the rap game Michael Pachter, breh.
Wu-Tang in general is
flabbynsick.png
breh. I dunno how people enjoy albums like Czarface and 12 Reasons. Those two tapes and that Raekwon mixtape were some of most borings tapes to drop this year.

I think they suck too but I don't like to talk about it.

Don't wanna startle the heard

What if method man got a hold of all the producers that these children are using these days? I think it would be a buzzed about album

Oh gawd he posted that rza fisher price beat video

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So I check GAF-Hop after a day, and I realize this thread jumped like 5 whole pages in one day.

Went to look what happened and it's just motherfuckers going back and forth about this infantile Drake/Kendrick beef.

mooooose

Wu-Tang in general is
flabbynsick.png

Czarface and 12 Reasons were ok at least. Czarface was better than 12 Reasons and meant more to Deck's library. 12 Reasons sucks more as a Ghost album and is kinda boring but it's better than a lot of other stuff, I guess. It's a respectable Ghost release compared to Apollo Kids, Big Doe, etc.

Yeah that beat is garbage but then we have beats like...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va1d_XKIeiI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAVQ2zycawo (i realize this wasn't just rza but also frank dukes and bbng)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGI5GjcEGZk (also black keys and rza)

these are three great beats, the second two are fucking mind blowing good.

you forgot AB-SOUL
Mac stahp

Kid cudi and Medium Sean concert was pretty good. They both did well.

Ninjas always forget that the Ether we heard is the watered down version, probably why the final version had more childish insults.

I posted this before, Ab only does well on his own shit or TDE shit. His features are usually lackluster.

naw

Czarface and 12 Reasons were ok at least. Czarface was better than 12 Reasons and meant more to Deck's library. 12 Reasons sucks more as a Ghost album and is kinda boring but it's better than a lot of other stuff, I guess. It's a respectable Ghost release compared to Apollo Kids, Big Doe, etc.

Yeah that beat is garbage but then we have beats like...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=va1d_XKIeiI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAVQ2zycawo (i realize this wasn't just rza but also frank dukes and bbng)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGI5GjcEGZk (also black keys and rza)

these are three great beats, the second two are fucking mind blowing good.
lmao, I wasn't really being serious with the RZA shit. I just posted that video so that we could all laugh at it

And I actually prefer the Earl beat over the other two tracks

we can also add that rza soundtrack with the rest of the forgettable wu releases. it's a soundtrack tho so it's whatev

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kendrick is probably the feature killer for me. 1Train, R.I.P. and Nosetalgia are all dope. R.I.P. Remix probably his best all year.

Wu-Tang in general is
flabbynsick.png

I gotta say breh, this post makes me feel some type of way. Never has a junior rustled my jimmies this much
damna.png

RZA my dog, what happened. You were beautiful. And Wu...what happened. I fucks with Czarface, I fucks with the Apollo Brown version of 12 Reasons to Die. And while I think Czarface is just a damn good "old sounding" record that is actually good, Ghost sounds mad
flabbynsick.png
at times on 12 Reasons to Die.

Esch

Banned
LOL at everyone tiptoeing around the Wu sucking and being
flabbynsick.png
cause it's the Wu though. I guess we all have double standards right.

mooooose

LOL at everyone tiptoeing around the Wu sucking and being
flabbynsick.png
cause it's the Wu though. I guess we all have double standards right.

They mostly suck but Czarface was ok. RZA has his good moments and Ghost had one of the best verses last year on New God Flow remix. They have their moments.

Recon

Banned
Nah, there is no tip toeing around it. Wu Tang are horrible now. Only irish truly believes differently. But they earned the right to be horrible.

mooooose

U-God sucked after the first round of albums, Deck was only good on group albums, Masta Killa always sucked, ODB was barely on anything after the first round, Rae had shit beat selection and shit solos from 97 to 2008 and just had some good verses in the Forever era...

The only good members were RZA, Ghost, GZA, and Meth. The whole time if we are being completely deadass here and not stanning. RZA and GZA both peaked early in like 1999 so it's just be Ghost and Meth holding the Wu up since 1999. Let's all just be really really real.

But despite all that they are still really good at what they do. Just not compared to their past selves and all of them have their moments. U-God had Dopium. Ghost had his beats on Fishscale, his work with DOOM, New God Flow, etc. Rae had his shine with OB4CL 2. Deck finally got his good album with Czarface. RZA drops at least one really good beat a year. Meth is youthful as shit and when he decides to put an album out he will have Def Jam's support and can actually tour for it and get hype. They are honestly a special group of artists.

Esch

Banned
They mostly suck but Czarface was ok. RZA has his good moments and Ghost had one of the best verses last year on New God Flow remix. They have their moments.

Their music just isn't engaging in any way. Like, it's respectable aesthetically, but not even the production is dope, in an era where you can cop dope beats for literally jack shit (especially if you're fucking Wu Tang! people would give you dope for free). Them and Nas especially man. I don't get it.
The only good members were RZA, Ghost, GZA, and Meth. The whole time if we are being completely deadass here and not stanning. RZA and GZA both peaked early in like 1999 so it's just be Ghost and Meth holding the Wu up since 1999. Let's all just be really really real.
I think Killah Priest and Deck have some enjoyable 2nd tier material.

Lol, I still enjoy Wu-Tang.

Even some of the recent projects that don't get that much love like Wu-Block,Chamber Music, Legendary Weapons and Wu-Massacre.

I mean yeah, not all of the songs they do are completely legendary, but still, Wu-Tang Clan ain't nothing to fuck with.

Ghostface can still come through with a lasagne rap here and there but you'd have to be crazy or nostalgic to the point of stubbornness to still be looking out for Wu shit in 2013

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Beastie Boys started that. Just about any white rapper was going to blow at that time, as long as he was a pretty boy (pause). I'm not going to deny Vanilla Ice's impact but if we're real we'll admit dude was a white MC Hammer.

Whereas Kool G Rap birthed most of the shit we see to this day. Same with Too Short. Sales don't rule.

Eazy-E and NWA say otherwise..

They helped birthed most of the shit we hear today, as well, and were selling like crazy.

Sales do matter, they help make so that labels will sign gangsta rappers because NWA/Biggie/Jay-Z and so on sold so well...

While Kool G Rap might have influenced Jay-Z and Biggie... Mainstream artist like Hammer helped make it so the genre was backed by money..

Esch

Banned
also i feel like this is the era where Wu are finally free to be as weird as they want and theyre too flabby and sick / indecisive to execute so its irritating

Eazy-E and NWA say otherwise..

They helped birthed most of the shit we hear today, as well, and were selling like crazy.

Sales do matter, they help make so that labels will sign gangsta rappers because NWA/Biggie/Jay-Z and so on sold so well...

While Kool G Rap might have influenced Jay-Z and Biggie... Mainstream artist like Hammer helped make it so the genre was backed by money..

It's crazy to look back and remember how huge Hammer was. Dude does not get enough credit.

mooooose

I wonder if any verses on OLD would be a verse of the year contender for me. They are good songs but no particular verse blew my mind. Maybe I've just listened to the album too much. I legit have listened to it over 25 times in 5 days.

I'd like to hear Meth fuck around on some EDM like Danny or hardcore like Sean P. Meth has a charisma to him that is really special.

I wanna hear Rae over some cloud rap shit spitting coke raps.

I wanna hear Ghost over Saint Pepsi (my dream... maybe one day...)

I woke up this morning and figured I'd call you
In case I'm not here tomorrow, I'm hoping that I can borrow
A peace of mind, I'm behind on what's really important
My mind is really distorted, I find nothing but trouble in my life
I'm fortunate you believe in a dream
This orphanage we call a ghetto is quite a routine
And last night was just another distraction or a reaction
Of what we consider madness, I know exactly what happened
You ran outside when you heard my brother cry for help
Held him like a newborn baby and made him feel
Like everything was alright and a fight he tried to put up
But the type of bullet that stuck had went against his will
As blood spilled on your hands, my plans rather vindictive
Everybody's a victim in my eyes
When I ride it's a murderous rhythm and outside became pitch black
A demon glued to my back whispering, "Get em"
I got 'em, and I ain't give a fuck
That same mentality that told my brother not to duck
In actuality it's a trip how we trip off of colors
I wonder if I'll ever discover a passion like you and recover
The life that I knew as a young'n in pajamas and Dun-ta-duns
When thunder comes it rains cats and dogs
Dumb niggas like me never prosper
Prognosis of a problem child, I'm proud and well devoted
This piru shit been in me forever
So forever I'mma push it, wherever whenever
And I love you cause you love my brother like you did
Just promise me you'll tell this story when you make it big
And if I die before your album drop I hope --

image.php

Is there a rapper on earth who could have capitalized more off the emergence of weed rap more than Meth? Think about the spacy beats Wiz, Spitta, and others have popularized over the last few years and imagine Meth in that lane. He could have eaten real good off that shit.

Snoop had some big time success hooking up with Wiz until he put his career on hold with this rasta shit. Meth could have done the same and caked off these white dudes n chicks.

Obviously he's getting Hollywood money but come on, he missed out on a great hustle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom