• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
somebody on youtube said the track was really missing nate dogg. they couldn't have been more right.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I like that Compton track. Dre dropping his plug for his headphones right during the natural pause in the beat cracks me up.

somebody on youtube said the track was really missing nate dogg. they couldn't have been more right.

Nate Dogg is missed on like, 85 percent of west coast tracks.

Can't argue with that top 3. Vaudeville would be in my #2 slot.

I'm probably the only dude who really enjoys Born Like This and Keys to the Kuffs though.

I hate neither Keys to the Kuffs nor Born Like This. I just prefer his other other stuff.

Also dat typo in my original post.

Like i said, you hating ass motherfuckers turning on Kendrick. Fuck what the tracklist looks like wait till you hear the fucking thing?? That Compton track is dope. Turn the bass up and enjoy.

soon instead of snatching chains, kids will grow up rapping about snatching Beats off heads

This been happening where i live for a while. People selling beats with cut wires and shit.

If that DoomStarks joint ever drops more people will go back through Dooms discography.

People are upset about the cut Gaga track? Werent yall complaining when news of it dropped?

Besides someone posted an interview where they said they got "songs". Watch some EP with the two of em drop soonish.

GAF-Hop will implode.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Like i said, you hating ass motherfuckers turning on Kendrick. Fuck what the tracklist looks like wait till you hear the fucking thing?? That Compton track is dope. Turn the bass up and enjoy.

This been happening where i live for a while. People selling beats with cut wires and shit.

If that DoomStarks joint ever drops more people will go back through Dooms discography.

People are upset about the cut Gaga track? Werent yall complaining when news of it dropped?

Besides someone posted an interview where they said they got "songs". Watch some EP with the two of em drop soonish.

GAF-Hop will implode.

Beats with cut wires?

Smells like BS

Detox

Warren G is working on some posthumous album for Nate and no doubt Dre probably got loads of tracks with Nate from the countless iterations of Detox.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
That list of nate features reminded me of this album
Informal_Introduction.jpg

Too much filler to be considered a great album but it's got some really good tracks on it.
Somebody steals the show, John Doe (great Quik beat), Walk a mile, Here I come, Where I wanna be, and Thug Luv's alright too for what it is.

Never heard any of his 3 albums after this though, wonder if any are worth listening to.

PBY

Banned
Thoughts on that new Kendrick Lamar track:

-Track about Compton/LA
-Traditional Dre drum patterns/instruments
-Dre verse with Beats shout out

Yup.

Listening to this new Dre/Kendrick track. Doesn't matter if Kendrick wrote his verse, Dre sounds so much better. What difference having a great voice, and being able to flow makes. Pretty meh in general though. I don't get how you guys are excited for this, let alone a twelve minute song from this dude. I'm trying.

Kendrick is great but this track is boring as shit. I think Maad City and Poetic Justice will be the best tracks on the album. Yeah it's a total guess but I'm calling it.

seriously, Compton is sooo boring. WTF Just Blaze/Dre and that song title and I get this? Where da fuck is Q? I'm probably gonna still dig this album but I doubt it will be as good as Game's Documentary.

Oh and top 3 Kendrick:

Spiteful Chant
Cartoons and Cereal
ADHD

runner ups:
Kesha's Song, verse on Drake's Take Care album

RJT

Compton is the worst post Section.80 song by Kendrick. Everything else (I'm considering Cartoons & Cereal as an extra bonus track) is amazing though, so this is still my most anticipated album this year.

That Kno and Tonedeff album would probably beat it, but that seems to have been delayed indefinitely...

EDIT: My top 3 from Kendrick: Cartoons and Cereal, Hiiipower, Kesha's Song.

siddx

Quik and Kurupt are supposed to release blaqout 2 this year. Which means the best westcoast album of the year will likely be occupied by them.

Blackace

Well, at least it wasn't somebody obvious. Kinda wish his last track would've been with somebody worth a damn and not Glasses Fucking Malone and generic background rapper guy.

I'm probably too harsh, but Nate is the best part of that song by an order of magnitudes.

What?

Lhexh

Dre's all like "Yo, Kendrick I like this track and that track. Even though I didnt fully produce shit. Get to writing me a verse bitch." Kendrick complies.

Blackace

Dre's all like "Yo, Kendrick I like this track and that track. Even though I didnt fully produce shit. Get to writing me a verse bitch." Kendrick complies.

Ok... Awesome

Esch

Banned

I think Tguy was just joking but relax a little. To be honest I think i like Kendrick with Dre (and Im a Dre troll from time to time). The Recipe and Compton were both catchy, I don't see what the problem is. I think people are a lil salty about the rest of TDE being left in the dust except for Jay Rock. Also about that i told yall. Jay Rock is gonna get the biggest backing from Dre out of anyone in TDE besides Kendrick. Dre probably loves his throwback feel, you'll see.

Im sad the deluxe edition tracks arent being held up tho, The Recipe and Swimming Pools got good responses, why back down now?

I think Tguy was just joking but relax a little. To be honest I think i like Kendrick with Dre (and Im a Dre troll from time to time). The Recipe and Compton were both catchy, I don't see what the problem is. I think people are a lil salty about the rest of TDE being left in the dust except for Jay Rock. Also about that i told yall. Jay Rock is gonna get the biggest backing from Dre out of anyone in TDE besides Kendrick. Dre probably loves his throwback feel, you'll see.

Im sad the deluxe edition tracks arent being held up tho, The Recipe and Swimming Pools got good responses, why back down now?

yeah i'm salty as fuck. Like mcdonald's fries. But also Cartoons and Cereal and Swimming Pools shoulda been on there.

Swimming Pools >>> Recipe. Never mind, Swimming Pools is on there. At least have an Ab Soul joint as a bonus track. Q too.

RJT

yeah i'm salty as fuck. Like mcdonald's fries. But also Cartoons and Cereal and Swimming Pools shoulda been on there.

Swimming Pools is there (2 versions, in fact)...

Also:

Cartoons and Cereal > Swimming Pools >>> Recipe >>>> Compton >>>> your average rappe

Esch

Banned
Also a great post i forgot to respond to....

I specifically said the underground west coast scene has always been dope. My point is that the main artists that get propped up in the west - your Games, Lamont's (for a time...), etc - are almost universally replicating Chronic 2001. The entire coast is dependent on Dre. These dudes pray that one day the Big Man will send a petite male secretary to watch their live show, and invite them to Dre's chocolate factory. I don't see ninjas on the east coast waiting for a Jay-Z cosign...

Kendrick is simply the next in line. In a couple years Dre will get bored and find someone new to play with.

Man, aint this the truth. I'm happy the West is finally just moving on from this shit because theyve been trying to relive the glory days just as much as the East was up until recently. I dont mind throwback stuff from time to time... for example all this new A$AP weird trill shit is basically a rehash but the difference is that its been flipped in an interesting way, isnt afraid of new sounds, isnt afraid of being a little silly maybe. This is how rap music is supposed to be, you learn from the past, take some shit here and there, but ultimately you end up reinterpreting it in a new skin, with different inspirations and viewpoints. Like Nas says No Idea's Original... But the beauty of hip hop is that sampling can create a new sound over and over again, even if spit styles dont change much

edit: I'm happy diazepam boy Q and Ab-Soul arent on here, they've got their own shit going and its not pop shit. Maybe Q would fit, but not Ab for sure. Jay Rock will sound good over that beat, i guarantee

RJT

BTW, people on the Internet are saying that "Bitch, Don’t Kill My Vibe" is the song featuring Gaga. Weren't you guys saying it didn't make the album?

RJT

What if GAGA is still on the album but unmentioned?

It's most certainly the case. I took one for the GAF-HOP team and went searching in Gaga fan forums: she probably only provides background vocals for this track. There is also a track featuring Kendrick set to appear on Gaga's next album (the song is called PARTYNAUSEOUS and was inspired by Jakarta).

Can't believe Swimming Pools is deluxe only i mean dang that's fucking best lifetime track level

It's not deluxe only. There an extended version in the regular album, and the already released version in the deluxe album.

Macca

It's most certainly the case. I took one for the GAF-HOP team and went searching in Gaga fan forums: she probably only provides background vocals for this track. There is also a track featuring Kendrick set to appear on Gaga's next album (the song is called PARTYNAUSEOUS and was inspired by Jakarta).

It's not deluxe only. There an extended version in the regular album, and the already released version in the deluxe album.
Partynauseous was the track that was supposed to be on Good Kid.

Yo like how is school boy Q and ab-soul not on good kidd? How is drake on a song called poetic justice(the irony) but his label mates aren't even on the album.

I was even kinda looking forward to hearing the lady gaga song.

Macca

Apparently they're two different songs and someone mixed them up. Enter at your own risk: Gagadaily thread about the subject.

If this quote is true, then I'm glad that song is not on Kendrick's album:"Partynaseous is a collaboration with Kendrick Lamar as a 'Hip Hop/Pop/with a hint of J-POP techno' kind of song"
Who knows, seems weird tho.

And that place wasn't that bad, Pop-GAF is 200x worse. There's actual civil discussion in there.

Macca

Yo like how is school boy Q and ab-soul not on good kidd? How is drake on a song called poetic justice(the irony) but his label mates aren't even on the album.

I was even kinda looking forward to hearing the lady gaga song.
I agree man, all of TDE should've been on that shit.

Mac Miller would've killed it.

siddx

My guess would be that tracks featuring Q and Soul were cut to be used on a group project. It's also possible that the tracks didn't fit the vibe of the album and were left off to make it more cohesive.

Also listening to habits and contradictions again tonight for the first time in a long while, I change my mind, I was wrong. It's the best album out of black hippie by far.
Control System is still boring as fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom