• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Quik and Kurupt are supposed to release blaqout 2 this year. Which means the best westcoast album of the year will likely be occupied by them.

I swear Kurupt is like the my favorite MC who never fully flexes his levels on every track.

I hear the beat and be like GO IN DAWG, and he'll just go, nah lemme just chiiiiill on this one bro.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
GAF, I listened to Give Me The Flowers While I Can Still Smell Them for the first time since the first stream came out way back and this is still dope as fuck. Super dope even.

Seasons & A Man goddamn >>>>>>>

Cudder

Also a great post i forgot to respond to....

Man, aint this the truth. I'm happy the West is finally just moving on from this shit because theyve been trying to relive the glory days just as much as the East was up until recently. I dont mind throwback stuff from time to time... for example all this new A$AP weird trill shit is basically a rehash but the difference is that its been flipped in an interesting way, isnt afraid of new sounds, isnt afraid of being a little silly maybe. This is how rap music is supposed to be, you learn from the past, take some shit here and there, but ultimately you end up reinterpreting it in a new skin, with different inspirations and viewpoints. Like Nas says No Idea's Original... But the beauty of hip hop is that sampling can create a new sound over and over again, even if spit styles dont change much

edit: I'm happy diazepam boy Q and Ab-Soul arent on here, they've got their own shit going and its not pop shit. Maybe Q would fit, but not Ab for sure. Jay Rock will sound good over that beat, i guarantee

I'm glad you've come to the conclusion that Ab and Q don't "fit" on GKMC without hearing any of the beats first despite Illuminate and Blessed being some of the best tracks on their respective albums.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Black Hippy album probably won't happen. Like what's been said before, none of them need it. Q thinks the idea of a posse album is corny as fuck anyways. Also, they don't have many full TDE sessions anyways, I doubt many tracks were held back, maybe it just comes down to Dre liking Jay Rock for a while and being unfamiliar with Q and Soul. I think Kendrick just locked in with Dre and called other producers/rappers when necessary.

Gimme a Q album with a Soul feature on every song. "Druggies With Hoes: The Album" instead.

Beats with cut wires?

Smells like BS

Yeah you know like just the headphones? Not literally cut like with a knife or anything but how you actually plug the wire into them? People are selling just the headphones. Which is pretty dumb because as far as i know you cant buy the wire seperately. Maybe you can im not sure.

Id love to hear a Blaqout 2. First one was pretty decent.

Id say Jay rock being the only group feature was more down to the label then anything.

DAT PMF ‏@asvpxrocky
COULDNT MAKE IT ACROSS THE BORDER I APOLOGIZE TO THE FANS WE'RE RESCHEDULING A NEW DATE

Yea I saw that too, but did he catch a felony in the last two months lol, I just think its the whole mob, danny brown and Schoolboy q who couldn't go

mooooose

Dre knows Q. First time they met before he signed Kendrick and TDE he said what's up Q and Q couldn't believe Dre knew who he was and his music.

Kwixotik

Listening to "Give Me My Flowers While I Can Still Smell Them" by Blu & Exile now. It's incredible. Why can't Blu get his shit together and start doing some audio quality control on his material? It seems like the best rappers just don't give a fuck about their work.

I dare anyone to join me in the world of Finnish "cloud rap"....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1vDLQ3AjWw&feature=plcp
I refuse to listen to any Cloud Rap until Deniro x Shady Blaze drops.
Also listening to habits and contradictions again tonight for the first time in a long while, I change my mind, I was wrong. It's the best album out of black hippie by far.
Control System is still boring as fuck.

I was curious if this was going to happen.

CRS

That list of nate features reminded me of this album
Informal_Introduction.jpg

Too much filler to be considered a great album but it's got some really good tracks on it.
Somebody steals the show, John Doe (great Quik beat), Walk a mile, Here I come, Where I wanna be, and Thug Luv's alright too for what it is.

Never heard any of his 3 albums after this though, wonder if any are worth listening to.
Fucking love John Doe. Seriously, the beat, Quik's hook, everything about it makes it a great track.

I don't think I ever listened to his album but have always enjoyed his features, specifically the "What Would You Do" track.

I'll put his album on my to-do list.

is kendrick getting a vinyl release ?

Maybe?

I would buy it off Amazon in a flash but since they've started taxing, I've been a little more hesitant. There's an awesome local record store that I'll probably check if it actually comes out.

Esch

Banned
I'm glad you've come to the conclusion that Ab and Q don't "fit" on GKMC without hearing any of the beats first despite Illuminate and Blessed being some of the best tracks on their respective albums.

thanks, i can tell the future

CRS

So started listening to Shade Shiest's album and a few things:

1) That horrible intro. Damn...

2) Fuck DJ Clue

3) John Doe is still amazing.

4) Sooooooo good. That Mary Jane Girls sample.

"We aint gon talk bout how Lupe was threatened by a 16 yr old rap flash in the pan on twitter n was so shook that he verbally sucked the skin off sons dick in response n told him how much he loved him responded by takin the high road......thats that shit I dont like. You shoulda used ya 7th degree black belt in karate n mastery of tai chi to disassemble that boy if you REALLY nice wit ya hands like that forreal Lu. Yeah you mighta got ya ass shot in the process..but you woulda kept ya dignity famz."

The Big Ghostface Food and Liqour 2 review is here....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom