• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Okay, I'm not trying to be funny or anything but I think MDBTF definitely had a little bit of influence, fucking 12 min and 7 min songs? I won't deny it has been done before Kanye west, but I've been noticing lately big releases every so often has been having that one song that is longer than 6 mins long or something
You know, I've contemplated this as an influence too, but I couldn't really argue it properly with evidence. There have been long songs before, though yeah people thought 6 mins of Death was some wild shit.

The main thing is that Kanye experimented with song format heavy with the record. He didn't want all of it to be standard verses. That's why you get stuff like the short intro from Ross on Monster, Ross again on Devil In A New Dress popping up out of fucking nowhere, the conversation through Blame Game, etc.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The thing I fear most about this album is that he's going to get too buddy buddy with traditional WC sounding records and lose the Section80 sound that made it special. This song is borderline. Not feeling this song, I can't stand any Dre verse nowadays, it's almost a parody at this point. The doubling of the vocal tracks in the way they've done it or whatever just makes it sound annoying.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Ug I didn't even notice that 12 minute song. I don't want to listen to same fucking song for 12 minutes. I barely want to listen to a song for more than 4 minutes in most cases. If Kanye really is the influence behind shit like that, it's just another reason Kanye can go fuck himself to death.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ug I didn't even notice that 12 minute song. I don't want to listen to same fucking song for 12 minutes. I barely want to listen to a song for more than 4 minutes in most cases. If Kanye really is the influence behind shit like that, it's just another reason Kanye can go fuck himself to death.
Kanye influencing Kendrick?

Naw.

Real talk a Kanye x Kendrick song would be too godlike.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

Got to agree 12 minutes is long as Fuck to listen to a single song

Add up the other tracks runtime.....no way is it that long right? That seems insane.

Is this post just ax excuse to crap on Kanye?

Esch

Banned

CRS

^ Damn. Beaten.

And even if it was the same beat on loop, Odd Future's posse cut, "Oldie" is dope as hell. I'll listen to it every once in a while and go through the whole thing. Same with Ocean's "Pyramids". (Pyramids does change though.)

I think the songs are 11 and 10 minutes long, respectively.

That Kendrick tracklist has me mad. Was hoping for a black hippy track. Huge Major label debut for the group this could have been.

No Cartoons and Cereal too? That's a top 3 Kendrick track.

Pyramids is song of the year.

not my song of the year but datsecondhalfgoddaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn "pimpin in my convoooos"

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Pyramids is definitely awesome. It's just sex straight to the ears.

Since we're all posting great long songs and everything..

1324222_o.gif

CRS

I wonder if it was more on the rest of the Black Hippy members that didn't want a posse cut. Personally, I wouldn't want to do one. Rather do their own thing and not be thought of as Kendrick's weed carrier.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
There nothing anyone can rap about for 12 minutes that would make give a flying fuck.
7 minutes is my max. And thats only in extreme cases like Outkast. Most rappers making 6+ minute songs are just felating themselves the entire time and have no real reason for making the song that long besides the fact they got drunk in the booth and thought it would be cool.

IrishNinja

my catchup of the last few pages:
a ram pam pam
a ram pam ting
YA TOO CLOSE MAN

Cruel summer is 100 times better than watch the throne

when you take a drive-by shit like that, do you stop at another thread to wipe ya ass? haha youll never reply to this, fuckamisayin

Ross Vs. Jeezy

Gunplay Vs. 50

Why is this not the topic of discussion?

2013 collabos if the last 10 years or so of "beef" has been any evidence....zzzz

Also IrishNinja, Dont even look at wrestling. Shits terrible now they scored that PG13 demographic.

Stopped watching back in maybe 04. When austin left i did too.

few old roommates hype CM punk, though! yeah that's all i got

PD were you an X fan before though? cant see not diggin that track unless you got tired of dude

Potshots while the man is down, lhexh; no bueno, señor.

+1, even online thugs need some class

I claim this page in Recon's thread to say lol umad? I never pass up a moment to dance on a grave more edits coming soon.

yo ima embarrass myself with some picks right quick

i take back my prior statement; it was mighty thoughtful of you to make this post in recon's honor - next time i fuck around & get banned i hope my non-fans will be considerate enough to ether themselves like this for me

Hey.

Pick a coast to rep East
Favourite Artist MF DOOM right now.
Best feature killer No idea.
Favourite album Liquid Swords
What's in your playlist? Anything MF DOOM (esp. Keys to the Kuffs), Curren$y (Muscle Car Chronicles), Attractive Sin, other random stuff like Kid Koala

damn. welcome man! curious what your favorite DOOM album is though, i love the guy but i havnet seen him put in actual work since i got rid of a pager, haha

need to pour one out for my cousin who was killed this past weekend... dude was rolling with the Hell's Angels. Even if it comes with the territory it's still hard to deal with. He gave me my first copy of 36 Chambers and I won't forget that...

tumblr_lzu0cj22J11rp8pduo1_500.gif

RIP to your cousin, wenis

damn, siddx was right...i guess RZA really did fall off
sorry enzo, just covering my bases here

I love you, and I hope you're doing okay.

tokus i fear an overabuncance of light energy has caused to ascend to a more based plane
do you read my emotions on this as words or colors?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I wonder if it was more on the rest of the Black Hippy members that didn't want a posse cut. Personally, I wouldn't want to do one. Rather do their own thing and not be thought of as Kendrick's weed carrier.
I think they may be a bit too independent for their own good.

Q or Soul tearing up verses on there could only be a plus, but I guess Kendrick didn't want to jeaopardize the cohesiveness of his album for obligatory features. I'm sure they all understand too, Kendrick has helped them get as far as they have already.

Still though, that better be the best Jay Rock verse I've ever heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom