• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

so have we decided what we're going to give GKMC?
i think i'll give it about a 7/10.

i've always believed that in most cases people already know beforehand what they want to rate an album and then they listen to trying to fit it in w/ what they already think.

Haven't listened to Backseat Freestyle yet, and by the comments I know it won't touch The Spiteful Chant.

or possibly Michael Jordan

Spiteful Chant is top 3 Kendrick. I don't think anything on this album will be there...maybe maad city.

Domino wtf, I must be alone in thinking this is one of Hit Boy's best beats.

filler

Banned

i've always believed that in most cases people already know beforehand what they want to rate an album and then they listen to trying to fit it in w/ what they already think.

8.0, just above illmatic.

PBY

Banned
yes it is.

Nah, I really think Kanye goes well over that kind of ignorant beat, where he can drop goofy punchlines. Kanye + Hitboy usually works out okay. Obviously not saying hes the only one, or even the best, I actually think TI would have been good for example.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I liked Backseat freestyle. Not amazing but it was good.

-shrug-
It's okay. Definitely that track where you already know you'll never listen to it again in a month.

The production from the clips is not what I expected of the album. It's okay too, but they're all over the place and they make the shit sound like a mixtape where he's rapping over many different classic styles of beats.

EDIT: Looks like where I was listening to it had them out of order, but still, some stark contrasts going on here.

This seems like a complicated way of asking what is our expectations of the album haha.

I am hoping it's around an 8. I haven't listened to anything off standard besides swimming pools.

That's a great point but personally even though I'll be the first one to admit I'm a huge K.dot stan, if the album sucks, it sucks.
That said though I'm still aboard the hype train. 11/10

PBY

Banned
This is real good. I'm also in the perfect mindstate for the subject matter.

EDIT: Also anyone want to share what blogs they are using for new music? I basically used hear-it-first.net, The Smoking Section and 2dope.

Looking for a 2dope replacement.
Nahright, hiphopdx, and you can still follow 2 dope on twitter

Slizz

Why is everyone saying they need an alternative site to 2dopeboyz?

I keep getting this:

lGG7h.png

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
As crazy as it sounds the dudes hear drop better links than the sites cause they have no obligation to post hip hop songs sent by a PR company...

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
As crazy as it sounds the dudes hear drop better links than the sites cause they have no obligation to post hip hop songs sent by a PR company...

quite a few links came from 2dopeboyz tho..

btw still up in Japan

Great album, no doubt... top 3 or 4 for sure... If someone put Doggystyle above it I wouldn't fight them

This is a pretty controversial opinion even though i fully agree. Doggystyle has that same cohesiveness and overall sound that Illmatic has. Plus not one skippable song. 2 very different albums but its a toss up for the top spot.

Anyone putting Doggystyle, 36 Chambers or Illmatic on top is doing it right.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
This is a pretty controversial opinion even though i fully agree. Doggystyle has that same cohesiveness and overall sound that Illmatic has. Plus not one skippable song. 2 very different albums but its a toss up for the top spot.

Anyone putting Doggystyle, 36 Chambers or Illmatic on top is doing it right.

I respect 36 Chambers.. but I could never co-sign it being the greatest album ever. Too much meh on it.. the highs are great tho..

Doggystyle, Illmatic are two for the books tho..

No One Can Do it Better floats around up there as well..

Great album, no doubt... top 3 or 4 for sure... If someone put Doggystyle above it I wouldn't fight them

Doggystyle has no substance and has filler tracks. At least The Chronic has the Little Ghetto Boy song, although tbh it's not that good of a track but at least it's something

Doggystyle has no substance and has filler tracks. At least The Chronic has the Little Ghetto Boy song, although tbh it's not that good of a track but at least it's something

Lol your Dre hate is hilarious. Lil ghetto boys is a great track. The Chronic is great. Your vision is blurred from being on that haterade. I bet Dre signed you to aftermath and you never dropped an album.

Only explanation for all this salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom