• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I respect 36 Chambers.. but I could never co-sign it being the greatest album ever. Too much meh on it.. the highs are great tho..

Doggystyle, Illmatic are two for the books tho..

No One Can Do it Better floats around up there as well..

The way you feel about 36 Chambers is how i feel about NOCDIB, fantastic fucking album. One of the highlights of the west, but not top spot material.

Edit. Fuck, been too long since i gave No One Can Do It Better a spin. In the car for the morning.

SoilBreak

Banned
Neako - Ess Ess

gqXNn.jpg

HiResDes

Announcing newfound stannery:

HeirGang - Heir Gang is A$ton Matthews, Retch, Vince Staples, Da$h and Joey Fatts...They are going to be taking over my life for the next year.

Retch just released this:

...It goes

...Also if you haven't heard it that La Cienega EP is fucking crazy.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Doggystyle has no substance and has filler tracks. At least The Chronic has the Little Ghetto Boy song, although tbh it's not that good of a track but at least it's something

lol there was like maybe one song that you could call a filler track..

Chronic and 2001 had way more..

1. "Bathtub"
2. "G Funk Intro" (featuring The Lady of Rage & George Clinton)
3. "Gin and Juice"
4. "W Balls" (Interlude)
5. "Tha Shiznit"
6. "House Party" (Interlude)
7. "Lodi Dodi"
8. "Murder Was the Case" (featuring Dat Nigga Daz)
9. "Serial Killa" (featuring The D.O.C., Tha Dogg Pound & RBX)
10. "What's My Name?"
11. "For All My Niggaz & Bitches" (featuring Tha Dogg Pound & The Lady of Rage)
12. "Ain't No Fun (If the Homies Can't Have None)" (featuring Nate Dogg, Kurupt & Warren G)
13. "Chronic Break" (Interlude)
14. "Doggy Dogg World" (featuring Tha Dogg Pound & The Dramatics)
15. "Betta Ask Somebody" (Interlude featuring Lil Bow Wow)
16. "Gz & Hustlas"
17. "U Betta Recognize" (Interlude, featuring Sam Sneed)
18. "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
19. "Pump Pump" (featuring Lil' Malik, aka Lil Hershey Loc)

show me the filler from the album? Tha Shiznit and Doggt Dogg World are criminally underrated songs.. Ain't No Fun is still a party song till this day and What's My Name is a classic of classics..

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
GAF, what should I be listening to right now? Recommend me something y'all will think I'll like. /PreparesTasteFlameShield

As crazy as it sounds the dudes hear drop better links than the sites cause they have no obligation to post hip hop songs sent by a PR company...
I just post everything I find interesting, or if I'm in a good mood, think people here will find interesting straight from NahRight. 2dopeboyz seems like the same shit tho, can't be bothered to follow both.

I just post everything I find interesting, or if I'm in a good mood, think people here will find interesting straight from NahRight. 2dopeboyz seems like the same shit tho, can't be bothered to follow both.

I treat this thread as a filter for those sites. Dudes usually post good stuff, and it's easy to find those who have similar tastes as you.

Though sometimes I can't be bothered to sift through all the posts here and I'll give in to some 2dopeboyz browsing. End of year lists are a gold mind usually and HRD's quarterly wrap ups are much appreciated as well.

lol there was like maybe one song that you could call a filler track..

Chronic and 2001 had way more..

show me the filler from the album? Tha Shiznit and Doggt Dogg World are criminally underrated songs.. Ain't No Fun is still a party song till this day and What's My Name is a classic of classics..

Shiznit, What's My Name, Pump Pump, Gz Up Hoes Down, most of the interludes...

iavi

Haven't even listened to all of it yet, but Mellowhype puts out the best rap albums of the conglomerate.

Numbers isn't bad. I was ready to hate too.

I'm not feeling it, with a listen. A few eccentric standouts like Laflair, but I'm feeling like Left Brain got a little too caught up in the cloud rap movement, losing some of the turbulance/brashness from even his stuff on Goblin-Transylvania, and nowhere near anything from BLACKENDWHITE.

Might grow on me. idk.

HiResDes

I'm not feeling it, with a listen. A few eccentric standouts like Laflair, but I'm feeling like Left Brain got a little too caught up in the cloud rap movement, losing some of the turbulance/brashness from even his stuff on Goblin-Transylvania, and nowhere near anything from BLACKENDWHITE.

Might grow on me. idk.

Yellowhite is also good, hella under appreciated.

Might grow on me. idk.

I honestly forgot Numbers was out despite it being mentioned every now and then in here. I still wish that Domo & Hodgy produced entirely by Lex came out. Anyway bout to dive into these tapes.

Blackace

Shiznit, What's My Name, Pump Pump, Gz Up Hoes Down, most of the interludes...

First of all you are the worst West Coast/Dre troll I have ever seen..

What's My Name is basically one of the greatest songs to come out of the West and has aged wonderfully.

Shiznit? Filler.. lol sure

Interludes are just that.. the Wu talk for like 2 mins before almost all their songs.. you fail

Blackace

Lol your Dre hate is hilarious. Lil ghetto boys is a great track. The Chronic is great. Your vision is blurred from being on that haterade. I bet Dre signed you to aftermath and you never dropped an album.

Only explanation for all this salt.

Dre holding dark skinned brothers back.. poor PDizzle

HiiiLife

First of all you are the worst West Coast/Dre troll I have ever seen..

What's My Name is basically one of the greatest songs to come out of the West and has aged wonderfully.

Shiznit? Filler.. lol sure

Interludes are just that.. the Wu talk for like 2 mins before almost all their songs.. you fail

Dre holding dark skinned brothers back.. poor PDizzle

Lol your Dre hate is hilarious. Lil ghetto boys is a great track. The Chronic is great. Your vision is blurred from being on that haterade. I bet Dre signed you to aftermath and you never dropped an album.

Only explanation for all this salt.

Lol hell naw. Bogus.

Recon

Banned
Machine Gun Kelly put out a better debut album than KRIT/Cole/Yelawolf. Lace Up is a lot better than it has any right being.

Macklemore's recent album is decent, but I feel too backpacky for even me.

Mumei getting demodded is the best thing to happen to Neogaf.

Evilore saying "fuck you" to some of the more idiotic banning practices is nice.

"Backseat Freestyle" is incredibly dope, and a decent Hit Boy track. I see some are salty that Kendrick didnt get a "trap" beat. WTF were you even listening to Kendrick for then?

Gaf-Hop will dismiss GKMC as poor and continue their hatred of mixtape darlings blowing up and putting out major debuts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom