• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
Coke is great, New Coke was bad, but Coke Classic is great. Also, its only expensive in individual bottles. Grab a 24 pack from Wal-Mart you poors.

yup
Lil_Poopy_Coke_Aint_A_Bad_Word-front-large.jpg

HiResDes

Nah dude, Fucking Problem sucks. Its derivative as shit, PD said it best when he said its like Pop That but not entertaining in the slightest. It has the formula to be a hit, but none of the catchiness, the energy. Total flop.

I agree that asap should hook up with Harry Fraud though. No lie I'd probably dig the hell out of a new NY style tape/album helmed by asap with all the local guys there on that. But that shits not happening.

Love that album, it was one of those "perfect moment" albums where I had finally gotten tired of doggystyle and needed a new staple in my life and along came Outkast to rule my tape deck until that little twat of a middle school girlfriend stole it from me.

Listening now, there are definitely some weak spots, but the core of the album is still as amazing as it always was.

Yeah now when I listen, its not the same as when i first heard it years back. That shit was so good the first time round. Now, the effect of that first impact is gone so the minor weak spots do show. Still a fucking great album though. Listening again brings me back to where i was when i first heard it.

ATLiens tomorrow.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Yeah now when I listen, its not the same as when i first heard it years back. That shit was so good the first time round. Now, the effect of that first impact is gone so the minor weak spots do show. Still a fucking great album though. Listening again brings me back to where i was when i first heard it.

ATLiens tomorrow.
The highs of the album are still amazing

Don't think I can handle another drugged up album of Rocky tell us how awesome he is. LiveLoveA$AP is good for what it is, but if he goes with that formula again it's going to fall flat, especially in comparison to all of the fantastic (and introspective) releases this year.

I mean really, does Rocky have any ACTUAL feelings? I can't recall any lines from the tape that didn't have something do with him being sexy af and sporting gold teeth. Where's the substance??

And don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed LiveLoveA$AP. I just don't want another one.

Esch

Banned
talking about how awesome he is is pretty much all he's got going for him

i wanna hear about how much of a scumbag he is instead

Nah dude, Fucking Problem sucks. Its derivative as shit, PD said it best when he said its like Pop That but not entertaining in the slightest. It has the formula to be a hit, but none of the catchiness, the energy. Total flop.

I agree that asap should hook up with Harry Fraud though. No lie I'd probably dig the hell out of a new NY style tape/album helmed by asap with all the local guys there on that. But that shits not happening.

Spot fucking on. Holy shit.

I think this is the closest that Rocky's gotten to spitting anything that hints at introspection:

Tired of these rappers, tired of these jackers
Tired of these dances by these fucking backpackers
And I'm sick of all these hipsters, I'm sick of phony n****s
I'm sticking to these bitches, cause I'm sick of all these sisters
I'm sick and tired of tryna survive, I'm sick tired of my environment
I'm sick and tired of feeling deprived, I'm one of a kind, when in my climate
I'm sick and tired of your facade and all of your lying and all your diamonds
Basically I'm tired of feeling sick and tired
ASAP, born in money makin' Manhattan
Every n***a on my block wanna be a Main Attrakion
Shout my n***a Squadda, shout my n***a Mondre
If you disrespect them n***as then I'm polishin' the nadre
And I'm coming to your casa for your madre and padre
Comprende? Most of these n***as been gay or they strange
They say I sound like Andre mixed with Kanye, little bit of Max
Little bit of Wiz, little bit of that, little bit of this, get off my dick

But I'm not sure if that balances out the 100s of references to his hair, teeth, bitches or trill shit.

I like the hook on Demons, even though he does that fucking annoying thing of rhyming a word with the same damn word, but after setting the stage he's really not actually talking about anything at all.

coldvein

Banned
I think this is the closest that Rocky's gotten to spitting anything that hints at introspection:

But I'm not sure if that balances out the 100s of references to his hair, teeth, bitches or trill shit.

I like the hook on Demons, even though he does that fucking annoying thing of rhyming a word with the same damn word, but after setting the stage he's really not actually talking about anything at all.

hair teeth and bitches is what the people want.

IrishNinja

that 37th chamber cover shit was fun too. revisting Substantial's newest one, it's enjoyable but im only a fan cause of his prior Nujabes work for the most part.

are those good #'s for kdot? i guess so at this point, that's not digi though right?

Tokubetsu

that 37th chamber cover shit was fun too. revisting Substantial's newest one, it's enjoyable but im only a fan cause of his prior Nujabes work for the most part.

are those good #'s for kdot? i guess so at this point, that's not digi though right?

Those are great numbers for ANY rapper not named Kanye West, Drake, Eminem or Lil Wayne.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Cole and Kendrick sales both are justified.

Kendrick more impressive considering the creative control and what appeared to be underground buzz going into it. PR went in heavy the week of though.

Sideline Story wasn't good, but I'm glad I bought it just because Cole deserved support. Regardless of the album, dude earned my money with multiple dope mixtapes and for being a real ninja.

Hopefully the next is better

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Sideline Story wasn't good, but I'm glad I bought it just because Cole deserved support. Regardless of the album, dude earned my money with multiple dope mixtapes and for being a real ninja.

Riiight

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

is this a first for PD

are we being trolled

what is the meaning of life

did Cole darken a bit overnight?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom