• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

Stankonia is pretty damn nice. We Love Deez Hoes is definitely one of my favorite of their tracks. Still surprised to see some that don't love Aquemini, comparisons withstanding.

I can't see myself ever listening to Keef at any point. I'll just treat him like I treat Waka.

Recon

Banned
How is RZA getting major deals before we even know how his first film does...?

If I learned anything from watching Entourage, its that you always book your next gig before your current one comes out. Apparently RZA has enough clout in the industry now to do that.

mooooose

When Man with the Iron Fists was announced, I thought RZA was bullshitting and I thought it was some low quality horrible thing that would be put out and be terrible and never really exist. To see it come so far and actually be a widely marketed and anticipated movie (it had commercials during the Giants game yesterday), that is crazy and I am so happy for him and happy that I get a cool movie.

coldvein

Banned
When Man with the Iron Fists was announced, I thought RZA was bullshitting and I thought it was some low quality horrible thing that would be put out and be terrible and never really exist. To see it come so far and actually be a widely marketed and anticipated movie (it had commercials during the Giants game yesterday), that is crazy and I am so happy for him and happy that I get a cool movie.

i feel the same.

Quake1028

So I consumed my first Ace mix on lunch. The Eminem one. Damn.....damn. Had shit on there I forgot about a while ago. Great shit.

And I forgot how hard Dre and Em go on the first few verses of "Say What You Say".

PBY

Banned
^the em mix is a great one; if you like outkast thats another must listen, as are all the ignorant ones imho
also
20121029-SHVPXRT.jpg

http://www.djbooth.net/index/albums/review/christiandee-shvpxrt

SoilBreak

Banned
A$AP Rocky Mixtape Being Prepared For Winter Release

Initially A$AP Rocky had said he fully expected to release his anticipated solo album LongLiveA$AP before the end of 2012, but shortly after he realized clearing the samples was taking much longer than anticipated, Rocky announced his album will be pushed back to early 2013.

It’s not all bad news for A$AP fans, as Mob member A$AP Yams took to Twitter and announced that a mixtape is in the works and fans can expect it soon, “the album got pushed back...new mixtape this winter.”

While there is not a ton of info here it appears that we should be getting a mixtape from A$AP Rocky to help tide fans over until his solo LP is finally ready for release.

Recon

Banned
Not releasing Rocky's debut in mid-late summer was such a stupid decision. For the type of rapper he is, riding that wave of hype was crucial. Kendrick had a different audience, so taking their time with it made sense. Unless he drops a killer single, his debut will most likely be a disappointment, sales wise.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Stream the new Kids these Day album here
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...eff-tweedy-production-album-premiere-20121029

Ppl are really into them, I think theyre okay but kinda corny

Listened to the whole thing. Was going to say something slightly positive, until I got to the last song and this motherfucker started slaughtering James Brown's 'It's A Man's World'. Ugh.

My man. Copping now for immediate consumption.

PBY

Banned
Yeah, thats probably my biggest issue with it outside of some of the lyrical cheese- the fact that the production is technically so on point, and yet when your essentially covering classics it just sounds corny

Tokubetsu

You already know that Rocky tape is gonna be full of shit that woulda been on an album. All while praying for more buzz so he can get past these "sample clearance" and "mastering issues."

Just heard Mic Tyson, disappointing. Beats sort of sound the same, no don rocko, not much buckshot. Thought even the Kimbo Price tape was better. Maybe it'll grow on me later

liked the chow yun fat reference though

Esch

Banned
I for one think its a good idea for rocky to fall back for a second, drop a solid, cohesive project, then gun up for next summer. It's better for him to take his time, appear on features, and slowly build his buzz before he puts out a shit debut. I'd wager he or the label looked at his project creatively and felt it was lacking, so they decided to go back to the drawing board for a minute. And that's fine.

I'm sure he's not the only rapper doing that right now.

Tokubetsu

I for one think its a good idea for rocky to fall back for a second, drop a solid, cohesive project, then gun up for next summer. It's better for him to take his time, appear on features, and slowly build his buzz before he puts out a shit debut. I'd wager he or the label looked at his project creatively and felt it was lacking, so they decided to go back to the drawing board for a minute. And that's fine.

I'm sure he's not the only rapper doing that right now.

Look at you, being all optimistic and shit.

Goldie and Fuckin Problem are dope but if he ignores the smaller-time producers like Clams for his album then I won't be as interested.

And it seems like something a lot of these rappers do sadly. Kendrick didn't, he kept some in-house bros for his debut.

But I have a feeling French Montana won't be taking much of Harry Fraud's stuff with him when he drops Excuse my French. And that's a shame.

Esch

Banned
Nah dude, Fucking Problem sucks. Its derivative as shit, PD said it best when he said its like Pop That but not entertaining in the slightest. It has the formula to be a hit, but none of the catchiness, the energy. Total flop.

I agree that asap should hook up with Harry Fraud though. No lie I'd probably dig the hell out of a new NY style tape/album helmed by asap with all the local guys there on that. But that shits not happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom