• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
I do give cole respect for being self made regardless of how utterly bitchmade his music is though; dude probably got jay's answering machine more often than not

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I do give cole respect for being self made regardless of how utterly bitchmade his music is though; dude probably got jay's answering machine more often than not
I think how well Cole did in the context of the Jay cosign pretty much amounting to far less than everyone thought is also impressive.

I respect all of the self-made cats. Big Sean, Cole, Wiz. They all put the work in themselves to get where they're at and didn't ride off of affiliations.

I was never molested as a child, but if I was I'd imagine it would be like being a Jay Elec fan. Most people are molested by someone they know and trust, like a family member. This ninja Jay Elec was like a family member too; like me he was a bit weird but always managed to bag the big booty hoes. Remember a few years ago on Christmas when he was gonna drop Act II, then you got home and realized it wasn't out? He might as well have introduced himself to my dick right there, because I felt violated and betrayed.

Now whenever I hear his music I have to leave the room. Fuck that dude, his album will never come out.

Tokubetsu

Jay Elec eatin' something though. Always posting pics of his nice apartment somewhere the fuck in Europe. Jay Elec found the konami code for rap game. He skipped the whole release a great album, tour and do well before retiring somewhere in europe ten years later.

Esch

Banned
vinyl-decal-sticker-1008.jpg

overcast

I respect all of the self-made cats. Big Sean, Cole, Wiz. They all put the work in themselves to get where they're at and didn't ride off of affiliations.
Do you think Kendrick is self made? I am impressed at how he truly made an album that is clearly all his, yet still went on to sell 200+
Jay Elec eatin' something though. Always posting pics of his nice apartment somewhere the fuck in Europe. Jay Elec found the konami code for rap game. He skipped the whole release a great album, tour and do well before retiring somewhere in europe ten years later.
Lol'd at this whole thing.

filler

Banned

Sounds more like the warp whistle.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Do you think Kendrick is self made? I am impressed at how he truly made an album that is clearly all his, yet still went on to sell 200+
For the most part I think so, the entire movement with Black Hippy is led by him, and he doesn't really ride off of the Dre thing like Game did in comparison.

Tokubetsu

Erika Badu is like the egg plant wizard to the rap game.

Nah she's that boss in that hard as fuck NES game you could never finish so you just kind a gave up video games altogether. You play hacky sack or an instrument (half-heartedly) now instead.

Kad5

So i'm starting to attempt making a beat...

This shit is like making a snowman. The hardest part is getting the damn ball rolling.

I have no idea what i'm doing.

I'm using Ableton.

Tokubetsu

dat Erika Badu technology:
tumblr_ma9wljgRJQ1qfbz1so1_500.gif

Damn Spin, I missed you. I need more DBZ gifs in my repertoire. Hook me up breh.

This shit is like making a snowman. The hardest part is getting the damn ball rolling.

I'm using Ableton.

Focus on getting your drum pattern right. So start simple. It's gotta have a swing to it, thats that shit you nod to.

I just know that when Jay electronica's album comes out its going to be special. Until then, like many others, I prefer not to think about it too much :(

Damn Spin, I missed you. I need more DBZ gifs in my repertoire. Hook me up breh.
I actually swiped that from tumblr. Haven't been making anime gifs for quite some time since I stopped watching anime but I'm looking to get back into it. :(

I just know that when Jay electronica's album comes out its going to be special. Until then, like many others, I prefer not to think about it too much :(
Well, dude's fell off the radar for eons... But, if he does put out dope material, I will listen. I'm just not keeping my hopes up.

IrishNinja

GAF-Hop |OT6| Look out for Dear Molestkin

OT6: The night Jay Elect introduced me to his dick

Sounds more like the warp whistle.

Erika Badu is like the egg plant wizard to the rap game.

hqOTr.gif

ya'll remember when gaf-hop quotables was a thing on twitter

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser

I'm using Ableton.

I second what Toku said, start with the drum loop. I used to sit there and just make drum loop after drum loop until I had either one I really really liked or a bunch to go back and work on later.
Next I usually worked on a bassline or tried to come up with a primary piano/strings/brass/synth etc... loop I liked. Then spend some time making sure those three key elements fit together (the drum, bass, and primary instrument loop). Lastly I focused on the extras. A little sound effect there, a drum loop switch up here, another minor instrument loop and so on. Just fill out the sounds. I was pretty good at it at one point, but the more you slack off and don't work on making beats, the worse you get.

Recon

Banned
I do drums last as well. Especially if I am sampling anything. I like to have my drums fit my song, instead of the other way around.

overcast

I honestly do not think of Jay Elec at all until it's brought up in GAF-hop. Shit isn't going to happen, and he's fallen off the radar. It doesn't matter, as we are getting so much dope music regardless.

Recon

Banned
I honestly do not think of Jay Elec at all until it's brought up in GAF-hop. Shit isn't going to happen, and he's fallen off the radar. It doesn't matter, as we are getting so much dope music regardless.

Yeah, I never think about him or his music until someone makes a joke about him. Then 5 minutes later I continue not thinking about him. I give no fucks about his music anymore. I would love for him to drop a classic, but until that happens, I will continue giving no fucks. With Kendrick and Black Hippy dropping fire every release, its hard to stay hyped for some hobo in Europe.

Macca

You can't even blame it on his management not letting him put his album out. Dude hasn't dropped anything. No tracks, no mixtapes, no features.

Kabuto

yooo I didn't know there was a hip hop gaf thread! just found out meek mill has an album out today. just got kendrick's album last week, now this comes out too. There's too much good music :[

Act II will be released alongside Liquid Swords 2 in 2013, which will be the best year for hip-hop.... *sob*

As for beatmaking: I'm still trying it old school. My brother has an SP-303 and an MPC1000 but I'd have to get my lazy ass off GAF first to actually get something done.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I'm not even a Jay Z fan but I will give it a try since your mixes never fail me.

Honestly not much of a fan myself.. But I have to admit shrinking his library to 50 mins was an amazing process

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom