• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Not really. Meek's audience is much closer to Taylor's.

Kendrick selling that much despite going head to head suggests that their audiences dont overlap much.

I think any artist able to sell 200 - 400 week 1 overlaps into the mainstream.. Selling as much as he did doesn't suggest otherwise...

Recon

Banned
I think any artist able to sell 200 - 400 week 1 overlaps into the mainstream.. Selling as much as he did doesn't suggest otherwise...

You can sell that much without getting too much into the mainstream. Obviously he has some mainstream appeal, that Dre backing guaranteed that. But T.Swift fans and Kendrick fans dont seem to be the same crowd. I like mainstream artists,and will buy their albums, but Im not Swifts audience. I guess what Im saying is they both pulling mainstream numbers, but not the same mainstream audiences.

Taylor Swift fan base is full of dumb ass girls who go from relationship to relationship, always expecting to find the "right one" and it always ends after about 3 weeks...so basically Drake fans.

Recon

Banned
Taylor Swift fan base is full of dumb ass girls who go from relationship to relationship, always expecting to find the "right one" and it always ends after about 3 weeks...so basically Drake fans.

Take Care still better than anything released this year besides GKMC. Thats a fact.

That might not be a fact, but it is in my head.

Blackace

You can sell that much without getting too much into the mainstream. Obviously he has some mainstream appeal, that Dre backing guaranteed that. But T.Swift fans and Kendrick fans dont seem to be the same crowd. I like mainstream artists,and will buy their albums, but Im not Swifts audience. I guess what Im saying is they both pulling mainstream numbers, but not the same mainstream audiences.

I never said they were the same.. but the overlap is there. Just like it would have been there for Meek

Recon

Banned
I never said they were the same.. but the overlap is there. Just like it would have been there for Meek

I guess we saying the same thing, but not..lol. Im differentiating his audience, you are just lumping every mainstream consumer together. What I am only saying, is that I dont see country ass white cracker girls buying GKMC based on Swimming Pools and The Recipe, the only tracks they would have even remotely had a chance at hearing.

Blackace

I guess we saying the same thing, but not..lol. Im differentiating his audience, you are just lumping every mainstream consumer together. What I am only saying, is that I dont see country ass white cracker girls buying GKMC based on Swimming Pools and The Recipe, the only tracks they would have even remotely had a chance at hearing.

Why wouldn't fans of poppy rap like swimming pools?

Recon

Banned
Does anyone go back to that album? It was cool for a couple listens

I do, but mostly when studying. It has a very nice relaxed vibe to it. 40 is an underrated producer.

Why wouldn't fans of poppy rap like swimming pools?

No country ass white girls I know fuck with any rap, poppy or not. Im not talking just average white bitches, Im talking "cowboy boot wearing I cry whenever tear drops on my guitar comes on" white girls. The same ones pushing Taylor Swift to go plat first week.

Cudder

4eva-na-day-Benz-and-a-Backpack.jpg

Still AOTY get at me

Detox

God, she must have heroin in that snatch. I just dont understand it.....

Did you see that new interview with Kendrick? He is lying on the couch in a dreamy state and said I listen to more neo-soul than hiphop then he smiles and says yeah I listen to Badu, I can only imagine what he is thinking at that moment.

I must admit, I don't know

Recon

Banned
Did you see that new interview with Kendrick? He is lying on the couch in a dreamy state and said I listen to more neo-soul than hiphop then he smiles and says yeah I listen to Badu, I can only imagine what he is thinking at that moment.

I must admit, I don't know

I mean, she got a booty. But other than that.....I guarantee those dudes get more ready to fuck pussy that looks better than her every day. Plus, she cursed. Unless its like Madden and no one believes in the Madden curse, but it keeps happening.

Recon

Banned
Game's cover only looks silly because it is Game's

Wiz has the 101 Dalmatians thing going on

Also, Wiz has actually said he doesnt understand why people make fun of it. He thought people would dig it..... I wish I could find the tweet/quote, because it makes the cover even funnier to me.

Blackace

Also, Wiz has actually said he doesnt understand why people make fun of it. He thought people would dig it..... I wish I could find the tweet/quote, because it makes the cover even funnier to me.
If Game's album cover was say cypress hill's people wouldn't say anything

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Just bought that Sean Price M.I.C. Tyson unheard, just on the strength of da gawds bars.

I'll let ya'll know what it's sounding like a bit later.

coldvein

Banned
i genuinely like the the wiz album cover.

would love to see what he tweeted about the backlash or whatever, but i dont fuck with twitter..dont even know how to read that shit

overcast

Baud is hideous, come on. Her (too) big ass doesn't help a damn bit.

That Wiz cover is oh so awful. Somebody needs to pull up that tweet of him defending it, because that has to be a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom