• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I bought this book today:

213420_ti1hdpyungnn5_al.jpg

and Pharrell interviews Kanye (about, amongst other things, perfectionism :lol) where they bring up:

Are we going to be able to see that Cruel Summer short film anytime soon? Anyone know?

This.
Kanye says:
"It's called Cruel Summer: The Legend of the Lamborghini Dons [...] Cudi, he's the main character and I'm just his boy, and in the beginning we're car thieves.
There's this part where one character teaches another to see colors through sound [...] The shit is dope."

He then goes on to ask Pharrell to do the soundtrack for the film as "you're like next level with this type of shit."
The interview took place just before the G.O.O.D album dropped, so the film wasn't even finished as of about six weeks ago.
Considering it's a seven-screen presentation in post production, I'd imagine it's still a ways off.

CRS

http://dl.thesource.com/content/213420_ti1hdpyungnn5_al.jpg[IMG]

and Pharrell interviews Kanye (about, amongst other things, perfectionism :lol) where they bring up:

This.
Kanye says:
"It's called [I]Cruel Summer: The Legend of the Lamborghini Dons[/I] [...] Cudi, he's the main character and I'm just his boy, [B]and in the beginning we're car thieves.
There's this part where one character teaches another to see colors through sound [...] The shit is dope.[/B]"

He then goes on to ask Pharrell to do the soundtrack for the film as "you're like next level with this type of shit."
The interview took place just before the G.O.O.D album dropped, so the film wasn't even finished as of about six weeks ago.
Considering it's a seven-screen presentation in post production, I'd imagine it's still a ways off.[/QUOTE]
So Cudi IS back on weed now?

Macca

This.
Kanye says:
"It's called Cruel Summer: The Legend of the Lamborghini Dons [...] Cudi, he's the main character and I'm just his boy, and in the beginning we're car thieves.
There's this part where one character teaches another to see colors through sound [...] The shit is dope."

Considering it's a seven-screen presentation in post production, I'd imagine it's still a ways off.
I thought that short film debuted at Cannes? At least that's what Wikipedia says, and has some reviews and shit. Plot seems pretty similar to what's described here too.

Was this an unfinished version or what?

I thought that short film debuted at Cannes? At least that's what Wikipedia says, and has some reviews and shit. Plot seems pretty similar to what's described here too.

Was this an unfinished version or what?

Yeah there was. I can only assume a preview version was screened or, in typical Kanye fashion, he's been tinkering with it since, adding extra choir samples and flying angels and shit.
Maybe he's just decided to re-do the score? Interesting that he's choosing to not do it himself.....

Rakim said he is working with Pharrell too, not sure how to feel about that.

tumblr_mc08siMbsW1qdlfp4o1_400.jpg

It'll be dope man. Have faith!

Kwixotik

http://dl.thesource.com/content/213420_ti1hdpyungnn5_al.jpg[IMG]

This.
Kanye says:
"It's called [I]Cruel Summer: The Legend of the Lamborghini Dons[/I] [...] Cudi, he's the main character and I'm just his boy, and in the beginning we're car thieves.

Considering it's a seven-screen presentation in post production, I'd imagine it's still a ways off.[/QUOTE]
I'm kind of glad you brought this book up. I'm trying to get back into reading as much as I used to. Anyone know some other good hip hop-related books?

Also sounds like 'Ye and Cudi have been doing some psychedelics.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™

This.
Kanye says:

Hopefully the film doesn't suck

HiiiLife

Like I said a few pages back, I'm trying to get out of the past and find some new rap. I'm digging ASAP so far. And am I wrong for liking Hardknock by Joey?

Cudder

Goddamn!! This is so great. Lets see what Kendrick brings next time, hopefully he can continue to grow. Not sure he will top GKMC, but he will put out good shit I'm sure.

I really don't get why people who love an artist's more recent work say "I doubt he can top this!!".

If you like GKMC more then S80, and S80 more than this previous mixtapes, why do you doubt he'd be able to top GKMC?

overcast

I really don't get why people who love an artist's more recent work say "I doubt he can top this!!".

If you like GKMC more then S80, and S80 more than this previous mixtapes, why do you doubt he'd be able to top GKMC?
Just saying man, never said he was going to disappear, I also said I couldn't wait for it. It will be really difficult to top it. If anyone can do it it's Kendrick though. Doesn't matter either way, as he will make great stuff no matter what.

coldvein

Banned

i do it all the time, especially with artists who i really like. if their last album was incredible i'm always skeptical about the next one, and initially i judge it in an unfairly harsh manner. i dont know why im like that.

Kwixotik

Will do. I'm digging Bronson as well. Got his tapes. I'm usually bumping some 90-early 00's rap. But I need some new shit. Besides Kendrick and Krit. Is Chief Keef skippable?

All you need from Chief Keef is "I Don't Like" lol. Anything else might actually have negative benefit for you.

Don't know what's so funny about that? Told people he has a solid following. And he put out a pretty fine album...

I was getting at how Taylor Swift cockblocked Kendrick from the #1 spot. Its like Meek planned not dropping same week as Taylor. I imagine Meek will do similar or slightly lower numbers to Kendrick.

But he dont have a pop star blockin him from the top spot.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Jay mix is dope, but i'm salty there's no D'Evils in there :[[[

also damn, you must have loved WTT lol

Don't know about loved it, but I think the album is either underrated or overrated.. but the highs are really nice from it, sadly they are all in the mix

Dope Jay Mix Ace....

thank you!

Really liked that transition from Nice Watch to Big Pimpin for some reason.

I like that whole squence of HAM, Nice Watch, Big Pimpin personally

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I was getting at how Taylor Swift cockblocked Kendrick from the #1 spot. Its like Meek planned not dropping same week as Taylor. I imagine Meek will do similar or slightly lower numbers to Kendrick.

But he dont have a pop star blockin him from the top spot.

Not Meek.. Ross.

And yeah, it would make sense not to go head up with a pop star

Esch

Banned
Kendrick and T swift market doesnt overlap much namsayin

those venn diagram sales circles aint real real close to each other nahmean

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom