• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecurbj

just get the shit with talib, i honestly dont think anything else is that hot

His first one was amazing, black on both sides

Absolutely, its one of my favorites. The Ecstatic is great as well. Sometimes I think it is equally as good as BOBS.

Thanks guys. I bought "Black on Both Sides". This the right one, right?

MosDefBlackonBothSides.jpg

1. "Fear Not of Man"
2. "Hip Hop"
3. "Love"
4. "Ms. Fat Booty"
5. "Speed Law"
6. "Do It Now" (featuring Busta Rhymes)
7. "Got"
8. "Umi Says"
9. "New World Water"
10. "Rock n Roll"
11. "Know That" (featuring Talib Kweli)
12. "Climb" (featuring Vinia Mojica)
13. "Brooklyn"
14. "Habitat"
15. "Mr. Nigga" (featuring Q-Tip)
16. "Mathematics"

HiResDes

1. "Fear Not of Man"
2. "Hip Hop"II
3. "Love"
4. "Ms. Fat Booty"
5. "Speed Law"
7. "Got"
8. "Umi Says"
9. "New World Water"
10. "Rock n Roll"
13. "Brooklyn"
14. "Habitat"
16. "Mathematics"
Yes!

1. "Fear Not of Man"
2. "Hip Hop"
3. "Love"
4. "Ms. Fat Booty"
5. "Speed Law"
7. "Got"
8. "Umi Says"
9. "New World Water"
10. "Rock n Roll"
13. "Brooklyn"
14. "Habitat"
16. "Mathematics"

This is literally a classic album, unlike GKMC

I love GKMC but can we wait and see how it holds up? smh

This is literally a classic album, unlike GKMC

I love GKMC but can we wait and see how it holds up? smh

Your phrasing is weird, but yes, we can wait.
It's no secret K.dot and anything he does is my shit but deeming albums "instant-classics" is just silly...personally I think GKMC has the makings of a classic but of course that distinction can't be fairly placed until it has time to age.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
There will always be people who take a record and call it classic before the playlist is over. Then there will always be people who want you to wait some vague amount of time before doing so. There ain't a formula to how much you're allowed to like a record.

PBY

Banned
There will always be people who take a record and call it classic before the playlist is over. Then there will always be people who want you to wait some vague amount of time before doing so. There ain't a formula to how much you're allowed to like a record.

Ima call Finally Rich a classic before its even out.

Oh don't get me wrong GKMC is my AOTY without a doubt.

YACK YACK YACK

Guys, I'm bored but I don't really feel like going out tonight. Any good threads I can just sorta get lost in tonight while listening to a ton of music?

1. "Fear Not of Man"
2. "Hip Hop"
3. "Love"
4. "Ms. Fat Booty"
5. "Speed Law"
7. "Got"
8. "Umi Says"
9. "New World Water"
10. "Rock n Roll"
13. "Brooklyn"
14. "Habitat"
16. "Mathematics"

one of my favourite albums ever

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I heard that ignant ass Chef Keef put a pic of himself getting his ***k ***ed on Instagram and was booted from it. Link? I need to see what's going on. Link anyone? I know it's NSFW - PM is ok if you have the link.

PD's alt account exposed

I ain't gonna stress. Album is amazing, I just don't think we can say it is "classic" less than a month from release.

When I think of a recent classic I think of (get ready)
Below the Heavens
which had a clear impact on not just "underground" shit afterward, but even the wave of conscious shit we're seeing from the Drakes, Coles, etc.

Trey

I listen to it everyday, only skip the first track. I just let the rest ride. GKMC is easily my AOTY.

Yeah, I came around on it too. Life is Good held the fort for a while - and is still up there - but GKMC fucking stays with you.

AOTY2012. Ya'll boys were right.

Tokubetsu

I ain't gonna stress. Album is amazing, I just don't think we can say it is "classic" less than a month from release.

Below the Heavens
which had a clear impact on not just "underground" shit afterward, but even the wave of conscious shit we're seeing from the Drakes, Coles, etc.

I see you.

DominoKid

Below the Heavens

I really dont think other artists are/were checking for Blu like that.

Edit: now if you were talking about slum village or little brother (neither of whom i really care for) i could buy it

Jitters

Guys, I'm bored but I don't really feel like going out tonight. Any good threads I can just sorta get lost in tonight while listening to a ton of music?
I can't read and pay attention to music at the same time. I can hear it, just not focus on it. Songs end and begin without my noticing. I don't know how people browse gaf and listen to stuff.

CRS

I can't read and pay attention to music at the same time. I can hear it, just not focus on it. Songs end and begin without my noticing. I don't know how people browse gaf and listen to stuff.

Then listen to other music where you don't have to pay attention to the lyrics. Instrumentals are always best for schoolwork.

How often albums get called classic?

I don't know how often you visit Hip hop web sites/blogs or anything of the sort, but that word is thrown around so fast and so often for any decent album that it's lost its meaning to me. If I like an album I like it, if I don't I don't. Labeling an album a classic when it just came out is silly to me.

Grakl

I don't know how often you visit Hip hop web sites/blogs or anything of the sort, but that word is thrown around so fast and so often for any decent album that it's lost its meaning to me. If I like an album I like it, if I don't I don't. Labeling an album a classic when it just came out is silly to me.

Fair enough. I don't visit too many sites other than GAF, so I wouldn't see it very much. I don't think that GKMC is any where close to just a decent album, though, so I'm fine with the label for it.

GKMC is a great album don't get me wrong, but fuck these arbitrary ass labels and just enjoy the music. It just sucks that some fans of the genre have this weird obsession with calling everything a classic. Annoys me mane.

Anyone pick up Mic Tyson?

Sean_Price-Cover-hhdx.jpg

Aside from the fact that it has an awesome cover, Most of the beats are kind of dated, and there isn't much in the way of a single memorable hook, but it's a good workout/gym album for me. And the song By The Way has a cool beat that sounds like a lost SNES Castlevania track or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom