• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Every person I know who thinks Eminem is the best rapper to ever do it only listens to Em in the entire genre, aside from naming a couple in-the-moment rappers they may have heard of (Flo-Rida, etc.).

Also they're all white. Just sayin'.

Macca

Can't stop listening to Channel Orange, such a great record. There really isn't any track that doesn't sound like he belongs on the album. So cohesive, simply brilliant. Could do without that stupid pause at the end before the bonus tracks comes though. This isn't 1991 anymore.

Yep

Go Roooooger
Man fuck, we get it delayed. I'm a huuuuge Fed fan. Will be watching.

IrishNinja

I'm pretty sure you have the top character count with your once a day multiquote shit haha

catching up on shit months late + those posts is pretty much all i got though
it's my own GAF caterpillar style: "a nice blend of defensive and offensive posting. The strikes are so fast that it is almost as if he has a hundred arms and legs, all of them posting gifs and shitting on your weak analogies with logic."

Macca

Every person I know who thinks Eminem is the best rapper to ever do it only listens to Em in the entire genre, aside from naming a couple in-the-moment rappers they may have heard of (Flo-Rida, etc.).

Also they're all white. Just sayin'.
I think Em is the best to do it ever. I'm white. Only dude I'd put up against him is Cube.

Em is in my top 3 no doubt and some days I might place him first. Yes I'm white.
Pac, Biggie, and Nas are there too. I think Notorious would be the best if he hadn't died so young and was able to put out more material. (not that posthumous stuff, although Born Again was great)
I'm not saying you necessarily need to have a large catalogue to be considered great, I'm just saying his full potential wasn't realized.

And I still think the MMLP is one of if not the best albums. Stanning hard but fuck it lol I gotta leave to go to work on a high note

IrishNinja

The Roots
Big Boi/Outkast
some stuff

also, i think you meant "Late Registration" back there, this is what im talking about peter

*edit tokus you are the definition of a mixed bag

I'll admit Em is up there, but I can't stand listening to his ass. I liked a few tracks off his first LP but that was about it.

And Nas, only thing I can get through of his is Illmatic. The rest of shit bores me to death, especially his linguine rap shit

90% of the time I find "good" rappers boring as fuck

PBY

Banned
Yo we doing this? WE DOING THIS. KANYE CYCLE BITCHES

MBDTF>CD>Graduation=WTT>LR=808s

Cruel summers gonna wreck this list

Esch

Banned
And Nas, only thing I can get through of his is Illmatic. The rest of shit bores me to death, especially his linguine rap shit

90% of the time I find "good" rappers boring as fuck
I used to feel the same way about Nas, but I gave him more of my time and I realized how brilliant some of the rest of his catalogue is.

As for the bolded, name names, or we're not going anywhere

Yo we doing this? WE DOING THIS. KANYE CYCLE BITCHES

MBDTF>CD>Graduation=WTT>LR=808s

Cruel summers gonna wreck this list

Wait...seriously?

CD>>>808s/Graduation/LR>MBDTF>WTT

I like them all though to be honest. The middle three are to hard to rank because my opinion of them is constantly changing. And I'll be honest, I bumped the shit out of WTT then it came out but in retrospect it isn't as good as I thought. I still enjoy it though.

PBY

Banned
Wait...seriously?

CD>>>808s/Graduation/LR>MBDTF>WTT

I like them all though to be honest. The middle three are to hard to rank because my opinion of them is constantly changing. And I'll be honest, I bumped the shit out of WTT then it came out but in retrospect it isn't as good as I thought. I still enjoy it though.
MBDTF was a total gamechanger. His most introspective album while at the same time reflecting the changes in his production style. Probably my favorite album of all time

IrishNinja

ahahaha

the cycle will never be broken

6snfB.gif

Macca

MBDTF was a total gamechanger. His most introspective album while at the same time reflecting the changes in his production style. Probably my favorite album of all time
See, I'd agree with either CD or 808's as game changers, but what makes MBDTF so?

coldvein

Banned
haha @ eminem thread. he is one of the all time greats imo.. but i'm not gonna say greatest of all time. that term is kinda silly. there doesn't need to be some all time king of rap..who cares.

right now i'm still being disappointed in how much i dont love c4c. ill sleep when youre dead was just sooooo much fucking better. :\

MBDTF is an enjoyable album but lower on kanye's discography for me.

Oh and kentpaul is THE BEST hit n run poster in gaf hop. When he just randomly pops up and posts something about hopsin and leaves I always have a good laugh.

Esch

Banned
So do you guys just hate yourselves or something? Because restarting the Kanye cycle when you already know what everyone likes and thinks is equivalent to punching yourself in the dick.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and over again but expecting different results.

Kendrick Lamar-Swimming Pools(Drank) VIDEO

coldvein

Banned
damn people talk about kanye alot in here.

for me, mbdtf changed kanye status from "dude i really like" to "absolute legend".

edit: is that really the definition of insanity or do people just say that?

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
All jokes aside Kanye's flashing light video was a game changer because it it gave prime time exposure to Rita G. I don't think any of his videos have had better eye candy.

Jay Sosa

I'm so proud of myself that I still haven't listened to MBTHZFD (besides the godawful singles). Same for Watch the Throne.

Everytime I think I might give that douchebag another chance he releases yet another horrible song (like that ridiculous riot inspired video or Mercy with synthies that would even put a eurotrash producer to shame)

oh and btw:

CD>808>LR>Hannah Montana OST>Any Justin Bieber album>Graduation

Man fuck, we get it delayed. I'm a huuuuge Fed fan. Will be watching.

:D I swear that dude will give me a heart attack one day, what a match!

PBY

Banned
See, I'd agree with either CD or 808's as game changers, but what makes MBDTF so?
It marked a drastic shift in his production, it basically laid the groundwork for his next-level-shit sampling and his shift to castle music. It was a step away from the pseudo conscious lane he was in w College Dropout to basically rapping about being a really conflicted person with all the money he could ever ask for. It was him saying you know what, rap can be fucking high art. And he fucking nailed it.

IrishNinja

yeah overproduction and bragadocious rapping is a pretty bright future to be lead into, ill agree
i wonder if we're ready for such a unique vision though

for me, mbdtf changed kanye status from "dude i really like" to "absolute legend".

you know what image ima quote at you here
aint even gotta say it

Macca

So do you guys just hate yourselves or something? Because restarting the Kanye cycle when you already know what everyone likes and thinks is equivalent to punching yourself in the dick.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and over again but expecting different results.

Kendrick Lamar-Swimming Pools(Drank) VIDEO
Damn. What the fuck. That was horrible.

I love the song. That was bad. Did they give him $200 to film it or something?

PBY

Banned
yeah overproduction and bragadocious rapping is a pretty bright future to be lead into, ill agree
i wonder if we're ready for such a unique vision though

you know what image ima quote at you here
aint even gotta say it
Overproduction can be debated, I actually love it. But MBDTF was as far from braggadocio as you can be- it was Kanye showing how vulnerable he actually is while at the same time being on top of the world. By far my fav subject matter on any of his albums. By comparison, WTT is the album that had the braggadocio, and I'm sure Cruel Summer is gonna turn it up to 11

kamspy

Just noticed Teflon Don Deluxe on iTunes uses DVD quality sampling rate (48kHz). GFID is regular CD quality (44.1kHz).

Neat.

As for the bolded, name names, or we're not going anywhere

Let me see

Nas
GZA
Canibus

I can't think of much else at the moment, but the trend is when I feel like someone is talking at me with no energy I can't really fuck with it. If I wanted to listen to some super scientific shit I can just listen to one of my lectures.

I'm kind of in that dumb shit phase though atm

Esch

Banned

it makes being a hipster acceptable to mainstream rap listeners

mbtdf is a good album but it falls flat on its face a lot, either in extending songs past the point of making sense or in just sounding overly bombastic with too many bells and whistles attached. The mixing is objectively pretty shitty as well. I can fuck with some of the lyricism and the concept but a lot of it is whiny self-indulgent meanderings. Still, theres some good on there, and it stands out. I just think it reaches far and misses.

still better than 808s though. MBTDF is Stillmatic, 808s is Nastradamus, Graduation is I Am.., Late Registration is IWW, and College Dropout is Illmatic.

Just. Like. That.

Macca

it makes being a hipster acceptable to mainstream rap listeners

mbtdf is a good album but it falls flat on its face a lot, either in extending songs past the point of making sense or in just sounding overly bombastic with too many bells and whistles attached. The mixing is objectively pretty shitty as well. I can fuck with some of the lyricism and the concept but a lot of it is whiny self-indulgent meanderings. Still, theres some good on there, and it stands out. I just think it reaches far and misses.

still better than 808s though. MBTDF is Stillmatic, 808s is Nastradamus, Graduation is I Am.., Late Registration is IWW, and College Dropout is Illmatic.

Just. Like. That.
I see what you're saying. And I like MBDTF. But Kanye ruined that shit. I still rock that AOTL version with Drake. He got overconfident. Fuck I'd love to see a Kanye gone back to his roots album. But fuck.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It marked a drastic shift in his production, it basically laid the groundwork for his next-level-shit sampling and his shift to castle music. It was a step away from the pseudo conscious lane he was in w College Dropout to basically rapping about being a really conflicted person with all the money he could ever ask for. It was him saying you know what, rap can be fucking high art. And he fucking nailed it.
Though I agree, I don't think we've felt the effects of MBDTF yet. I don't think people are trying to replicate the sound. Though since it kind of segues into the WTT sound, people are definitely trying to go after that.

BTW while my Kanye stans are out in full effect for a 2 front Eminem and Yeezy attack on GAF-Hop, was a proper version of the AOTL Remix ever released? Any brother know where I can still get it even if its the unfinished mix?

Jay Sosa

No. Nas has 1 good album. Kanye has 1 bad album.

dude get off the crack.*

Kanye has one album that comes remotely close to Nas second best. The rest is somewhere between I Am and Nastradamus.

Lost Tapes, IWW and obviously Illmatic shits on everything Kanye has ever done.

I mean he can't even rap for shit.

*;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom