• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
This is one opinion that I simply cannot respect in the least. Also Get Lifted is miles better than Channel Bland Kam

shiiit, and we even used to fuck with the mixtapes

Stars Shine is the best song on the overrated Oneirology, dont front

As someone who had never listened to CunningLynguists, Oneirology was great, but not a classic in the sense that Illmatic is a classic.

I can't. Too many albums. Listening to Aquemini then Stankonia then Aquemini again. Now this is my favorite. It's too much. Outkast what happened to you???????????????
Just listen to ace's Outkast mix. Takes ya back to the kast days..

I'm also asking alot for another Outkast album.

kamspy

I've always wanted to like John Legend. I own Get Lifted and Evolver on CD. For some reason they just don't click for me. I've tried to like them repeatedly. Channel Orange is leagues better. I don't even know if leagues is a strong enough word. I'm a big R&B fan too. As far as mid 2000s R&B it's Lyfe >>>> Legend all day every day. Des' irrational hate for Channel Orange is irrational. Indie darlings seem to hate other indie darlings when they get popular, so it wasn't entirely shocking to see him get hated on by a few when he got popular. If Action Bronson get's popular and scores a 9+ on P4K he'll be the next victim of irrational indie darling hate.

Jay Sosa

Indie darlings seem to hate other indie darlings when they get popular, so it wasn't entirely shocking to see him get hated on by a few when he got popular. If Action Bronson get's popular and scores a 9+ on P4K he'll be the next victim of irrational indie darling hate.

Yep. I do however understand that some call Channel Orange boring. Most tapes recommended in the last few month give me epileptic fits so it's only natural that most of GAF doesn't seem to like a laid back smooth record like CO is. I however simply love 'boring' albums.

boring shit with no standout tracks is boring

no standout tracks also means it's consistent. To some consistently boring, to me consistently brilliant.

Satch

Banned
Channel Narcolepsy just wasnt that good, no hate

boring shit with no standout tracks is boring
iOzsZ7ftIr3YB.gif

but ur wrong doe??

you don't like Monks?

kamspy

It's not headphone music brah. It's living room music with big ass tower speakers. Drive slow Cadillac music with the windows down.

Only gripe I have is some songs seem to clip the red. I'm guessing it has to be intentional since the production is so lush, but it kinda irks me. Already waiting for a remaster. I know the interludes are all lo-fi and shit, and maybe that's why they let a little clipping by, but I don't dig it. I don't notice it unless I'm really listening hard, but it's there. Especially in the vocals.

HiResDes

If you do play with an eq, always eq down with your highest range being 0.

The only thing I'd eq down are various frequencies in the midrange on the Pro 100

kamspy

EQ is always zero if you have nice equipment. which you do. so zero. an engineer already eq'd the album meticulously (unless your listening to Budden or Blu), so give him some credit and don't re-EQ the music.

Esch

Banned
Pilot Talk is sounding pretty nice, so is some Aphex Twin. Thanks guys. Now to purchase a cheap amp

Cudder

1. Oneirology is one of the most refreshing albums I've ever listened to in hip hop. Off the top of my head I don't recall one instance of the words "weed", "bitch", "hoe", or any other "stupid" shit that peppers every other hip hop song in existence. It was just a nice friggin'
ride, man.

2. Swimming Pools video isn't bad. I'm glad that of all the TDE members, the creativity for the videos is going to Kendrick.

3. I'm warming up to The Stoned Immaculate. Showroom, No Squares, Chasin' Papers, Chandelier, Fast Cars Faster Women are all pretty damn good tracks.

HiiiLife

Someone convince me whether I should or shouldn't download Blus mixtapes. Ive obviously been out of the loop for some time.

Fjordson

Someone convince me whether I should or shouldn't download Blus mixtapes. Ive obviously been out of the loop for some time.
I'm a Blu fanboy, so YES!

But do you mean Blu mixtapes in general? He hasn't really put out any for a while. At least, I don't think he has, his release schedule and how he puts them out is so fuckin scattered.

If you're asking about his entire output, then I say definitely check out his older ones. Soul Amazing I, II, and III had lots of great stuff. And If You See The E Drop 'Em also had some good tracks.

I can't wait for the Flowers re-release next month. Should be dope.

HiiiLife

I'm a Blu fanboy, so YES!

But do you mean Blu mixtapes in general? He hasn't really put out any for a while. At least, I don't think he has, his release schedule and how he puts them out is so fuckin scattered.

If you're asking about his entire output, then I say definitely check out his older ones. Soul Amazing I, II, and III had lots of great stuff. And If You See The E Drop 'Em also had some good tracks.

I can't wait for the Flowers re-release next month. Should be dope.

Just anything in general. I'll be sure to check out the ones listed to get an idea of his music.

Edit: Actually, his albums as well. Anything that you would consider his best so I can really get an opinion of him.

Re: Domo

It wasn't until beginning my third listen that I realised Domo was actually on the tape.
It's been a minute since I've heard somebody be so irrelevant on their own shit.
I can't think of a single line of his that was in any way witty, clever or even memorable.
I remembered Bronson's 'Nintendo boss' line after one listen. I can't remember anything Domo spat across 11 tracks over two playthroughs.
Production's nice (hence the multiple listens it got from me) but nothing overly great.

Fjordson

Just anything in general. I'll be sure to check out the ones listed to get an idea of his music.
Oh okay. Be sure to track down a few of his albums, those are his best releases in my opinion. You might have already heard it, but his first album Below The Heavens is a classic. Also love HerFavoriteColo(u)r and Jesus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom