• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macca

But I mean, how good is:

Johnlegend-getlifted1.jpg

kamspy

Though I agree, I don't think we've felt the effects of MBDTF yet. I don't think people are trying to replicate the sound.

What sound would that be?

An all gnome chorus singing on the intro track?
Throwing a MPC 2000 down the stairs a few times while turned on to record a single?
Making the last 2 tracks a blathering mess of jibberish?

Yet, the good shit on there is so good it pulls the album out of the garbage can. Gorgeous, Monster, So Appalled, Hell of a Life, Devil in a New Dress. Banging like a mofo. Especially if you dump all the Good Friday tracks in the same folder like I do. Then you get Christian Dior Denim Flow, Take One for the Team, That's catchy song with Beyonce singing the hook, bunch of other good shit. Yeah. It's a good effort. Even if he left most the good songs off the final cut.

But I mean, how good is:

Johnlegend-getlifted1.jpg/IMG][/QUOTE]

Not very.

John Legend is the Canibus of R&B. All potential. No output.

Macca

ASAP's Goldie is an amazing song. His verse on Big Spender is also great. He's really good. Him and Q.
ASAP has been fucking killing it. I can't wait for his album. I didn't dig LiveLoveWTF as much as everyone else, but his recent stuff has made me believe in his swag.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I've said it multiple times- a Nas x DJ Khaled album would be the greatest thing ever.
I agree, I've said this multiple times too: Victory is Nas' best song in close to a decade.

you only say that because of the Ye feature
The Kanye song is one of the weaker on the album I feel. Blunt Ashes through Hip Hop is dead, Let There Be Light >>>>>>>> *

And a bunch of other classic jams on there too.

RJT

Can someone explain me the Hopsin hate? I've heard 2 songs from him and don't know anything about him, and he doesn't sound that bad. He definitely has a good flow.

Is it his fans being annoying as hell? Is the dude a douchebag? What is it GAF?

Anyone?

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I think Siddx is a juggalo.

lol I aint no fucking juggalo, but I did fuck a female juggalo (dont they call themselves juggalettes or something?) for a little while. Second craziest girl I've ever fucked, but she was ridiculously hot.

Recon

Banned
What sound would that be?

An all gnome chorus singing on the intro track?
Throwing a MPC 2000 down the stairs a few times while turned on to record a single?
Making the last 2 tracks a blathering mess of jibberish?

Yet, the good shit on there is so good it pulls the album out of the garbage can. Gorgeous, Monster, So Appalled, Hell of a Life, Devil in a New Dress. Banging like a mofo. Especially if you dump all the Good Friday tracks in the same folder like I do. Then you get Christian Dior Denim Flow, Take One for the Team, That's catchy song with Beyonce singing the hook, bunch of other good shit. Yeah. It's a good effort. Even if he left most the good songs off the final cut.

Not very.

John Legend is the Canibus of R&B. All potential. No output.

Preach Kamps. Its not often I agree, but yeah, everything in this post is true. John Legend had/has potential, but never came through with it. Still, he does put in work on features, IMO. Also, MBDTF had the best beginning 1-2 punch of any Kanye album since College Dropout...but man, it went to shit shortly after.

Also, to those with Maschines. Did y'all know if you plug in a keyboard, you have a wealth of instruments available to you????? I just discovered this by accident when plugging in my keyboard to mess around with Reason. This.Changes.Everything.

RJT

Bringing the love back: Ace, that Luda mix is great. Luda is seriously the best party rapper ever.

My only request left is Busta Rhymes. Do it!

Recon

Banned
Bringing the love back: Ace, that Luda mix is great. Luda is seriously the best party rapper ever.

My only request left is Busta Rhymes. Do it!

I dont think Gaf could handle the pure sex that a Busta mix would bring. It honestly would be perfect though. I have only listened to that Eminem and Outkast mix so far, for artist mixes. I need to catch up.

Also, Ace, my girl loved your Eminem mix. It was perfect driving to the beach music, very nostalgic. You think a G-Unit mix would be possible?

I like this post. Motm 2 was amazing too btw

MOTM2 was ok. I hated it for not being another classic like MOTM, but, it was ok. Though, I am glad I got to see Cudi before MOTM2 came out, since his set was mainly mixtape/MOTM era. So damn good.

siddx

Fuck all that, we need an Ant Banks mix. You ignorant elephant dicks. You pus filled cock skins. You know nothing. Ace, educate them in the love that is Ant Banks.

Recon

Banned
Finally Famous was not bad. It is like some mediocre candy, it tastes sweet, and you feel like having it once in awhile, even though you know its not good for you.

Macca

Damn.

8. "Sky Might Fall" Mescudi, Kanye West Kanye West, Kid Cudi (co)

One of the best tracks. Produced by Yeezy.

Finally Famous is good?

I can't tell if people are being serious or if they're laying down trap cards

Which is probably why I don't post here that often

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I've been listening to MotM2 a lot recently, and have grown to like it even more. It's a different take altogether, but I appreciate it for what it is and what it tried. And the songs have grown on me too, though my favourites are still the same (MANIAC primarily). I really want CuDi to make a third rather than do all this experimental stuff :( But I still have faith. He needs to bring back all of the MotM1 and A KiD Named CuDi producers.

MotM1 is again the last album that I'd say is a certified classic. Only Teflon Don comes close.

siddx

Finally Famous had one good song (marvin gaye and Chardonnay) and a whole mess of shit that would have been better with any other rapper. Big Sean is aural abortion. He's what gets sucked out of an 18 year old after spring break in mexico.

HiResDes

Yea, it was this! thanks.

Guess I'm just not big into beat tapes. Nice beats, but probably only 1 I'd listen to on the regular. Araab still the top of this shit.
If you don't listen to many how would you deduct that araab skrillex is at the top?

Macca

Finally Famous is good?

If you like more poppy rap then yeah. I enjoy it.

Everone here has different tastes. Fuckarecon

Recon

Banned
I still say Oneirology will be considered a classic in a few years. That album has some amazing highs, and zero lows.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Finally Famous was not bad. It is like some mediocre candy, it tastes sweet, and you feel like having it once in awhile, even though you know its not good for you.
The fuck happened to Recon during the ban? Your temperament is making me uncomfortable bruh.

Damn.

8. "Sky Might Fall" Mescudi, Kanye West Kanye West, Kid Cudi (co)

One of the best tracks. Produced by Yeezy.
Shame the leaked version was so much better. I don't know why he re-cut it. THAT BEAT THO.

Finally Famous is good?

It's a really good pop album. If your looking for a pop-rap album, it's solid. If your looking for some super lyrical ish, not the way to go.

Macca

If you don't listen to many how would you deduct that araab skrillex is at the top?
Guilty. I should be reading more, because I want more electronica, more shit like justice/daft punk. I'm narrow minded haha. Also, the only skrillex I like is bangarang. fck dubstep.

Recon

Banned
The fuck happened to Recon during the ban? Your temperament is making me uncomfortable bruh.

I have no idea honestly. It might of been me putting a system in my car. I have been appreciating all kinds of different albums while driving.

Detox

If you put Nas on a good beat, you've got a good song, as far as I'm concerned.

You can't put Nas on a good beat because he will destroy it. His only curse is any beat you put in front of him will pale in comparison to his emceeing.

Recon

Banned
You can't put Nas on a good beat because he will destroy it. His only curse is any beat you put in front of him will pale in comparison to his emceeing.

Illmatic was the only album where the beats matched his talent. It was a perfect storm of perfect hip hop bliss.

It's a really good pop album. If your looking for a pop-rap album, it's solid. If your looking for some super lyrical ish, not the way to go.

I knew what it was going to be and still thought it was just alright. I should have said great, I don't think it's bad at all.

I still say Oneirology will be considered a classic in a few years. That album has some amazing highs, and zero lows.

This I can agree with, although I'm indifferent to Enemies With Benefits and straight up dislike Stars Shine Brightest. It's a solid album and unlike a lot of other concept albums it doesn't end up with ADD halfway through and forget what it's doing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom