• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, that is fucking awesome. Any good shit you've stumbled into?

nothing yet just because I haven't had a tape player. First grab is probably going to be the Spazzkid tape at his album release party Saturday. Not exclusive to cassette but limited and pretty dope. I'm going to start grabbing peoples stuff at Origami/Amoeba/Low End when they're hawking it too. Opens a lot of doors for hearing new music.

Maybe this Yung Satan tape if I can find it, but I'm not even sure if that really exists. The cassette tape game is real close to fake Mortal Kombat fatalities in the late 90s. All kinds of misinformation and general fuckery out there.

q02Ca5Z.jpg

without oz there would be no deadwood, game of thrones, sopranos, etc. its on the list cause it was one of the first of its type. its what put hbo tv on the map.
No arguing the bolded, but it aged like shit, those stage play soliloquies are super hammy.

I've seen the first 4 episodes of Mad Men. One of the least engaging shows I've ever seen.

thabiz

No arguing the bolded, but it aged like shit, those stage play soliloquies are super hammy.

I've seen the first 4 episodes of Mad Men. One of the least engaging shows I've ever seen.

i havent seen it in years. perhaps it was the newness of it all, but it sits on the list. i should revisit it sometime.

mad men is the best going currently on tv. im consistently in awe of its handling of the script and its treatment of the audience.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
nothing yet just because I haven't had a tape player. First grab is probably going to be the Spazzkid tape at his album release party Saturday. Not exclusive to cassette but limited and pretty dope. I'm going to start grabbing peoples stuff at Origami/Amoeba/Low End when they're hawking it too. Opens a lot of doors for hearing new music.

Maybe this Yung Satan tape if I can find it, but I'm not even sure if that really exists. The cassette tape game is real close to fake Mortal Kombat fatalities in the late 90s. All kinds of misinformation and general fuckery out there.

If you come across some good shit, you should find a way to get it online and share.

Esch

Banned
ah well, what can you do. we played very mediocre for too long.

go Costa Rica and Brazil

julian green and our U-17 team though :banderas:

IrishNinja

USA went further than we thought, only salty Canadians could hate on that

Club onna beach has Ghostface playing Saturday for $40, kinda tempted even with the traffic

big ander

all these talented people with their literal street tapes has forced me into buying a tape player

what is this world even becoming

I picked one up earlier this year too. with vinyl booming and resources limited it costs so much to do even a short run now. cassettes allow pretty much every artist with a minuscule audience a way to make their music physical. Plus cassettes allow a ton of customization in color and art that can make the product personal at little cost. I think they're a great option for underground artists. I haven't bought any off-the-street stuff though, just records I'd already heard digitally from artists I wanted to support
Project a friend of mine did:
bookmarked, gonna try to play tonight.
Clipping is okay
not big on CLPPNG?

Cudder

Ya'll have any thoughts on Logic?

never listened to one of his projects but i remember liking a couple songs ppl posted like a year ago, maybe more. hasn't he been talking about his album coming out for years? i feel an XV situation with him.

this Nas live set is dope. Really like the banter between songs, and you can tell the crowd is lively.

You'd think someone with as much appreciation for music as Nas would pick better production. Shit doesn't make sense, especially when you read about the creation of Illmatic. He was literally bringing records to Pete Rock and Premo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom