• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Get Lit is classic Rocky IMO. I dunno if I could choose between Live Love and Trap Lord. Both are near the top of my list for the decade so far.

Does anyone care about ASAP Rocky anymore? Dude seems like he was a fad. He had Drake, 2Chainz, AND Kendrick on a single and still couldn't go gold.

Meanwhile Ferg is out chea spitting. I don't like that Ole English song but Ferg is making weed carrier history with charting singles, memorable guest verses, etc.

i was about to ask this. i loved his mixtape but all my hype for him has died almost completely.

Esch

Banned
And the overrating of Trap Lord continues! New extremes! High hopes! Buy in today!

You gettin way skressed out by some classic gaf hop concern trolling breh. Toku is genuine, but PD is just fishing for feels, come on now.

A$AP still has plenty of fans.

And the overrating of Trap Lord continues! New extremes! High hopes! Buy in today!

mad.png

Missed the convo but all I'll say is that my team blasted Work at some point before every game and it never got old.
...and that's about the most airplay Trap Lord ever deserved lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
You gettin way skressed out by some classic gaf hop concern trolling breh. Toku is genuine, but PD is just fishing for feels, come on now.

A$AP still has plenty of fans.
I'm partially flame-baiting.

The struggle is real out here for new music I'd like, its fueling the haterade in my blood that will soon consume me

Esch

Banned
Rocky just seems like he has no heart. Like he'd let you cut in front of him in line at Taco Bell while thumbing your nose at him and not do shit.

I'm also on that Trap Lord bandwagaon, Ferg has more charisma than Rocky ever had.

Musically I agree, but watching Rocky in those Noisey interviews he does makes me wish he had a regular talk show or something. Haven't loved his music after his first mixtape but he's just so affable when smoking and chatting with Snoop or Danny Brown that I'd love to see that shit in a longer format.

big ander

I put off this clipping. forever because I was nonplussed by midcity, and damn I was missing out. where midcity experimented with noise without much motivation I thought, and didn't really vibe with the raps, this is abrasive and mean and dark while being catchy and full of awesome verses. nice
Rocky's breakout tape can't be better than Trap Lord when tracks 1-5 (Palace to Brand New Guy) are the only good songs on it. Purple Swag is "okay", "Leaf" is a Main Attrakionz song, "Demons" is okay, "Keep it G" is garbage, "Lit" is garbage, "Kissin in Pink" garbage. The entire 2/3rds of that tape are Rocky completely out of his element.

The only weak tracks on Trap Lord are Shabba Ranks (remix completely destroys it from orbit) and fuck out of my face. Rocky tries to reach a lot but rarely hits the mark, particularly when he expands his beat selection to more traditional regional stuff (classic southern style stuff, typical anything produced by Burn One etc.)

I like Lit, Leaf, Demons and Keep it G, Houston Old Head's alright too. Granted, I haven't actually listened to the tape in a minute. Trap Lord I'm not big on like tracks 9-12

do agree about charisma though, Ferg is audibly having way more fun than Rocky

Esch

Banned
Cardo definitely has way more talent than just being a stereotypical 'trap' producer. Dude's good. I like almost every beat he makes.

edit: dude did just rap about 92 bricks, didn't he? Trolling.

DominoKid

cardo's came a long way from boxden.

Rocky's breakout tape can't be better than Trap Lord when tracks 1-5 (Palace to Brand New Guy) are the only good songs on it. Purple Swag is "okay", "Leaf" is a Main Attrakionz song, "Demons" is okay, "Keep it G" is garbage, "Lit" is garbage, "Kissin in Pink" garbage. The entire 2/3rds of that tape are Rocky completely out of his element.

The only weak tracks on Trap Lord are Shabba Ranks (remix completely destroys it from orbit) and fuck out of my face. Rocky tries to reach a lot but rarely hits the mark, particularly when he expands his beat selection to more traditional regional stuff (classic southern style stuff, typical anything produced by Burn One etc.)

so many falsehoods and lies.

IrishNinja

mad links to hit up, then find this shabazz

also since i finally got a phone made in an era of black presidents, i finally got on instagrams - what are some interesting links to follow? nature shit, kung fu shit, comics, games, hip hop etc let's see em

We're on a video game forum breh.

related: iggy lacks tits, 6/10 would still bang

brehs my dick been on swole since about 9PM waiting to hate on this Hov track. Almost busted a hate nut when I saw the song was posted a few minutes ago. Played that shit ready to troll the shit out of the brown bomber Esch but...

dG4nbPV.gif

I fux with this

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.

man, what about Trilla or Roll One Up... secret, i fuck with those harder while I smoke than the earthy clams shit nowadays.

but yea, most of the mixtape is throwaway. Just the previously mentioned and 1-5.

this was some fucking... damn.

whew.

the best.

Esch

Banned
brehs my dick been on swole since about 9PM waiting to hate on this Hov track. Almost busted a hate nut when I saw the song was posted a few minutes ago. Played that shit ready to troll the shit out of the brown bomber Esch but...

I fux with this

Damn, and here I was lounging my laptop without a care. It's nice to know I got you so in them feelings you're outchea waiting for a chance to get at me over a couple minutes of music. I'm not surprised tho, given your predilections. I seem to have joined a select group of men you spend your time thinking about; Mandingo, Lex Steele, Jay-Z etc.

ibrXvKJR2nuPrT.gif

iavi

Old English is that fuego

This is the track to sell me on Young Thug. Haven't been feeling what I've heard from him till now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom