• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
OT will be goin up shortly. It'll be temp banner until Cheddahz gets his shit together. Keep ya spirits up kids. we're goin' home.

UBfWxEJ.png

YlVGJ.png

new subtitle?

GAF-HOP |OT-XI| 5 years runnin' we still #ReignSupreme

Courage

They need to drop the Metro Thuggin tape already and move on. Also I like singy spacey Future over trappin rappinesque Future.

I don't mind him either, he just needs certain production to fit that style. I Won felt so cheesy, but Honest was actually not that bad (and those were also Metro beats).

Vorheez

The new metro track is alright, was there for thugs verse

I'm gonna try to be part of the discussion more in the next OT, drop in with some music and the occasional valued opinion that y'all are lookin for haha

cacophony

I don't mind him either, he just needs certain production to fit that style. I Won felt so cheesy, but Honest was actually not that bad (and those were also Metro beats).

Spinz did the main melody of Honest tho

metro is weird to me cause i find 80% of his stuff boring but then he has amazing songs like karate chop, mink of the floor, 1 am , some more

PlayDat

Calm down guys that's just the name of the Bruiser Brigade group album.

I wouldn't expect a solo project from him at all this year.

Tokubetsu

Danny needs to go back to his suburb outside detroit house, play with his cat Siren and have skywlkr spend the whole time making beats. Do this for like 3 months. Don't reach out for collabs none of that shit until he's got a good 6-7 tracks ready 2 go.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
That sounds about right. Sounds like he really misses his cat. Dude needs to take some time off and de-stress.

Theme of the new mix is pure evil. 😈

I'll love the new danny brown album. I'm fine with the pitchfork electronic producers he's hooking up with but I'd prefer skywlkr and etc. Xxx is probably his peak though

He still kills features tho

Oh and reign supreme > Kendrick's next album. I fear for that being filled with his recent garbage scream flow

Edit; bruiser brigade? Scust, never mind then

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

HiResDes

HiResDes

I don't agree. I don't really think people appreciate the narrative of XXX, but maybe you can't if you've never really succumb to a vice and been suicidal.

Songs like Fields, DNA, and Party All the Time are timeless for people like me.

Courage

I don't agree. I don't really think people appreciate the narrative of XXX, but maybe you can't if you've never really succumb to a vice and been suicidal.

Songs like Fields, DNA, and Party All the Time are timeless for people like me.

yup.

XXX Side B > Side A > Old Side A > Side B

Dereck

Here's a sneakpeak of what I'm currently listening to:

• Chuuwee - Cool World
  • Bas - Last Winter
  • Allen Poe - Pocket Full of Ohms
  • Waka Flocka - I Can't Rap Vol. 1
  • Noelz Vedere - Bittersweet Victory
  • Young Scooter - 80s Baby
  • Calez - Ceito
  • Chris Rivers - Wonderlands of Misery 2
  • Collins - Sincerely The Mixtape
  • MC Melodee - Coolin EP
  • Dizzy Wright - State of Mind
  • K. Camp - Slumlords
  • Don Trip - Randy Savage
  • Alley Boy - Alley Shakur
  • Fredo Starr- Made in the Streets
  • Gerald Walker - Yesterday You Said Tomorrow
  • IsiahThe3rd - Homeland
  • IsiahThe3rd - Adventures Of The 3rd Part III: Rise Of The 3rd
  • King Mez - Long Live The King
  • Maffew Ragazino - Signed To The Streets 2
  • MaLLy - The Colors of Black
  • Mickey Factz - 740 Park Avenue
  • Nell - Boyz N The Hood
  • Dave East - Black Rose
  • Fly Union - Small Victories
  • King Louie - TONY
  • Pell - Floating While Dreaming
  • NItty Scott The MC - The Art of Chill
  • Peter Jackson - Good Company
  • Stat Quo - ATLA Vol. 1
  • Taylor Bennet - Mainstream Music
  • Rome Cee - Earthside
  • Agacee - Scholar LP
  • Blanco & The Jacka - Game Over
  • Blanco & The Jacka - The Misfits
  • Creative Gold - Circa 93
  • GQ - Rated Oakland
  • Jimmy Kelso - City of Gods
  • Ca$his - Bogish Boy Vol. 1
  • Kevin Abstract - MTV1987
  • Montage - Sinners
  • Niko Is - Good Blood
  • Noah Caine - Rookie Season
  • The Pyrvmids - Black American Dream
  • Russ - Silence
  • Russ - Pink Elephant
  • ScottyATL - OTR2SJ
  • TreaZon - Trust & Betrayal
  • Rocko - Poet
  • The Doppelgangaz - Peace Kehd
  • Reks -Eyes Watching God
  • Nore - Noreaster EP
  • Divine & ScienZe - Divine Scienze 2
  • Junglepussy - Satisfaction Guaranteed

If you're interested in hearing about any of these, let me know, will prompt me to prioritize listening of that specific project
Noted

PlayDat

I hope they get back to more serious social commentary rap for RTJ2. Very few people can pull that off without coming off as corny and still sound good. They succeeded with RAP Music. RTJ1 was a lot of fun but kind of hollow.

Esch

Banned
I hope they get back to more serious social commentary rap for RTJ2. Very few people can pull that off without coming off as corny and still sound good. They succeeded with RAP Music. RTJ1 was a lot of fun but kind of hollow.
yea it's weird that RTJ is a 'ima beat u up' rap album when both El and Mike have such similar lyrical content.

mooooose

RTJ > Cancer 4 Cure > RAP Music, for me

I can't buy what Mike sells on RAP Music, really. It's a great package but I think a lot of the songs come off just boring. Cancer 4 Cure is pretty great and epic, but kind of hits one note in its saga, but ends strong. RTJ is short and one note (especially production wise) but filled with far more quotable lines and way more fun than either of them.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
RTJ fizzled out pretty quick after multiple listens. I'll still throw on RAP music from time to time.

big ander

I was fine with RTJ being such a pure knock-everyone-else-out record exactly because it came so soon after RAP and C4C. After everything on those records a breather is fine. And I did not think that breather got old after a few listens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom