• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTX| Long Live the Watcher

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishNinja

^yeah much love to golden arms but that's borderline unforgivable

College radio just played Blackalicious - Feel that way,shit made my afternoon and even following it up with corny ass kick push couldn't bring me down

HiResDes

HiResDes, have you listened to the new Nell tape? I know you're like the one other dude in here who's into his shit. It's about what you'd expect...production is a little budget and he doesn't try anything new, but he's still fire on pretty much every track. A step down from Vice City but probably worth your time. Dude has so much energy, he can carry even mediocre beats with it.
Naw not yet
Have you listened to Pharaohs yet?

Petite P staking his claim as the GOAT
TRENDS PRODIGY HAS SET SINCE 1992 AND STILL IS SETTING IN 2008 AND BEYOND:

#1 TATTOO’S ON MY CHEST, ARMS AND HAND SINCE I WAS 12 YEARS OLD

#2 RAPPING WORDS THAT DONT ALWAYS RHYME

#3 PUTTING WORDS TOGETHER THAT DONT RHYME AND MAKING THEM RHYME "big guns down in santa barbray, my crew do it the mobb way every day, crime pay who wanna gun play thrill me. niggas kill me grillin me you wanna look peep the 9 milly now undress you know the drilly. niggas suspect weak links pose threat, i have yet to met challenger who go against my set"

#4 CUSTOM MADE JEWELERY INSTEAD OF THE POPULAR MOLDS.

#5 HOW I FOLD MY BANDANA

#6 CUSTOM MADE FOOTBALL JERSEYS WIT HENNESSY and E&J ON EM’

#7 CREATING AND MAKING SLANG POPULAR LIKE ,,,,,, KIKO, CUZZO, VULTURES, BOGIES, HENNY ROCK, NOTTY HEAD, HEAD SPIN (head), BACK SPIN (pussy)

#8 MADE DRINKIN HENNESSY, E&J, LIME BACARDI, 151 POPULAR (nothin to be proud of)

#9 SAMPLING MUSIC FROM THE MOVIE SCARFACE,,,,,NOBODY DID IT BEFORE ME..NOT THE MUSIC

#10 SAMPLING MAFIA MUSIC -"crime connections" MOBB DEEP feat. CORMEGA,,,,L.E.S. BIT MY SHIT WHEN HAV LEFT MY MAFIA CD’S IN A NAS SESSION. THEN YOU HEAR SHIT LIKE "affermitive action"

#19 WEB SITES, I HAD INFAMOUSSTORES.COM AND WAS WRITING BLOGS BACK IN 99 LONG BEFORE IT BECAME POPULAR IN HIP HOP TO HAVE A WEB SITE.
http://nahright.com/news/2008/02/27/how-dare-you-question-ps-trendsetting/
28xuVFG.gif

Blog post of the year bar none (more at link).

IrishNinja

See that's that one thing that fucks me up on college radio: you built a vibe with people under the stairs and just went into Earl like that? That other REAL HIP HOP dj is gonna play cannibus or likey or whatever next, please don't let im

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
U-God's always brought it on movie soundtracks. His best verses may be on If It's Alright With You and Semi-Automatic Full Rap Metal Jacket.

PhoenixDark said:
#3 PUTTING WORDS TOGETHER THAT DONT RHYME AND MAKING THEM RHYME "big guns down in santa barbray, my crew do it the mobb way every day, crime pay who wanna gun play thrill me. niggas kill me grillin me you wanna look peep the 9 milly now undress you know the drilly. niggas suspect weak links pose threat, i have yet to met challenger who go against my set"
No one does that like Rapper P.

HiResDes

Gonna start up a plug soon and just leave it on all day to commemorate the new thread and five years of Gaf-Hop. You can also just come in to talk if this thread gets locked before the new one goes up

...Also stay tuned for more sleeper heaters like Niko Is

Petite P staking his claim as the GOAT

http://nahright.com/news/2008/02/27/how-dare-you-question-ps-trendsetting/
28xuVFG.gif

Blog post of the year bar none (more at link).

FIRST RAPPER ON THAT SUMMER JAM SCREEN SON, MAD TUTUS

I actually believe he was the first one with a website though, cuz his typing etiquette is straight 1995 geocities. Son is mad Angelfire. Homeboy signs guestbooks with that dun language. Motherfucker got all of Queensbridge in his webring. I bet he searched for his snatched chain on lycos. Y'all ain't seeing P when it comes to this internet shit

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Gonna start up a plug soon and just leave it on all day to commemorate the new thread and five years of Gaf-Hop. You can also just come in to talk if this thread gets locked before the new one goes up

...Also stay tuned for more sleeper heaters like Niko Is

ill join when I get home. busy atm thou.

Question, how long ago did Snoop had a concert in the UK. The other day I watch a concert series and Snoop put on a 2 hour performance from East London. Thx in advance

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Was gonna wait till the new thread but it doesn't deserve it: Got bored of that PARTYNEXTDOOR Two before I got halfway in. It feels so generic and nothing was catchy. Potentially good background music for some though. I wouldn't have even given this a shot if Drake wasn't cosigning this dude, but I don't think I'll give whatever's next a listen unless it's got a fire single.

The less pretentious one.

Truth hahaha.

I like bassy music in the car, I like alot of different shit, really feeling deep house right now. I'm not on that pitbullshit music though.

Complex let me know if you like deep house, my boy has some mixes I've been bumping in the car. Bassy and chilled with some feelgood shit too.

FIRST RAPPER ON THAT SUMMER JAM SCREEN SON, MAD TUTUS

I actually believe he was the first one with a website though, cuz his typing etiquette is straight 1995 geocities. Son is mad Angelfire. Homeboy signs guestbooks with that dun language. Motherfucker got all of Queensbridge in his webring. I bet he searched for his snatched chain on lycos. Y'all ain't seeing P when it comes to this internet shit

:dead:

cdyhybrid

Truth hahaha.

I like bassy music in the car, I like alot of different shit, really feeling deep house right now. I'm not on that pitbullshit music though.

Complex let me know if you like deep house, my boy has some mixes I've been bumping in the car. Bassy and chilled with some feelgood shit too.

I don't think anyone in either thread likes the David Guetta/Avicii country-house/Pitbull-Flo Rida stuff.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Truth hahaha.

sure man ill listen to anything. finally have some free time, currently on a binge of what ever bangs in the car.
I don't think anyone in either thread likes the David Guetta/Avicii country-house/Pitbull-Flo Rida stuff.

once heard pitbull on three different radio stations, I was angry for the whole day.

Finally got around to Common's album and the production is an interesting choice for him, but I don't think it really works. I'm only half way through and not really having a pleasant time. I might need to listen to this again later.

cdyhybrid

"They" being one guy that seemed genuinely confused about why there was a need for a new thread?

Genuinely? Perhaps, but I'm not necessarily convinced. Seemed pretty clear to a large enough group of people that it was deemed worthy of a separate thread. I mean, the guy even says in his post that most of the music sucks and no one wants to listen to Avicii, when there are literally dozens of artists that are not Avicii/are less mainstream than Avicii/are better than Avicii that had been mentioned on the page before he posted.

The second thread was born out of an Ultra Music Festival thread, and the few regulars that posted in the first electronic thread that actually popped into that thread, only did so to call everything trash.

TL;DR: It's a place to talk about stuff that isn't completely underground and actually get responses/discussion that aren't "lol Avicii da gawd lol".

Anyway, that's about all I have to say on the subject, and in an effort to stop derailing this thread I'd be more than happy to continue the discussion in PMs or something if anyone wants.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Genuinely? Perhaps, but I'm not necessarily convinced. Seemed pretty clear to a large enough group of people that it was deemed worthy of a separate thread. I mean, the guy even says in his post that most of the music sucks and no one wants to listen to Avicii, when there are literally dozens of artists that are not Avicii/are less mainstream than Avicii/are better than Avicii that had been mentioned on the page before he posted.

The second thread was born out of an Ultra Music Festival thread, and the few regulars that posted in the first electronic thread that actually popped into that thread, only did so to call everything trash.

TL;DR: It's a place to talk about stuff that isn't completely underground and actually get responses/discussion that aren't "lol Avicii da gawd lol".

Anyway, that's about all I have to say on the subject, and in an effort to stop derailing this thread I'd be more than happy to continue the discussion in PMs or something if anyone wants.
Man, We are FUCKED if Ken Masters starts NeoHip.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom