• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

Well duh his whole discography is excellent.
Yeah, pretty great.

Esch, this page has people giving daps to Gunplay, hype for ASAP projects (aside from Fergie), and the last has people forgiving the fact Future can't make music and hyping his next project. Meanwhile Kendrick Duckworth being called WOAT after 3 dope projects. Pretty discustin.

cory64

Nah Herbie Hancock's a blind spot. My overall jazz listening's been limited to just a couple of the greats: Marsalis, Davis, Mingus, Jelly Roll, Getz

Hancock's pretty fantastic, he doesn't have his own In A Silent Way or anything, but his body of work is admirable, especially with embracing the 80s head on and all that. Dip into Head Hunters since that was his next one and it's been sampled a LOT (unless you already have).

HiResDes

We getting vaped up and dripped out

tumblr_mzh9i6kpxP1qfad0vo1_500.gif

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Relax, every great rapper puts out shitty songs and people shit on the song and him

It's not that serious
Yeah. The song sucks but it's not that big of a deal. Who hasn't dropped at least one turd. Need more than that to turn on the dude.

Fuck, wish I could get in on that plug but no PC. 😭

Hancock's pretty fantastic, he doesn't have his own In A Silent Way or anything, but his body of work is admirable, especially with embracing the 80s head on and all that. Dip into Head Hunters since that was his next one and it's been sampled a LOT (unless you already have).

Calling Herbie Hancock's body of work "admirable" strikes me as an insult.

Nice I called it in the K Dot thread. That Flylo track should of been the first single.

Nah, that's far from a single. I love the track but nah...

The weird thing is that...why release another single so soon if you have seven tracks complete and no release date in sight? What's the rush, considering I Love Myself is already doing well. Let that shit marinate, finish the album, release another single in late October, album on Black Friday.

The weird thing is that...why release another single so soon if you have seven tracks complete and no release date in sight? What's the rush, considering I Love Myself is already doing well. Let that shit marinate, finish the album, release another single in late October, album on Black Friday.

I can already see it getting bundled up with Shady XL

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

The only reason is they really want a critically acclaimed single that is selling. While the "I" song is selling, and the Flylo track got Hip Hop heads open. TDE and kendrick knowing the pressure to repeat GKMC probably want a single that can do both since they can't remove it from track listing once it's known az the "official" single. Imagine if in 2 years we were all saying the second album is great except for "I"? Why not avoid that possibility

Also I really doubt they only got 7 songs completed, especially considering the relatively quick timetable they are talking about releasing the album. Likely they got tracks completed in the high teens/20's so burning songs to get the first single just right isn't the end of the world

Esch

Banned
Nice. Lost Tapes is the 3rd best thing Nas has ever released. I wish certain other rappers with great unreleased catalogues would follow suit.

The only reason is they really want a critically acclaimed single that is selling. While the "I" song is selling, and the Flylo track got Hip Hop heads open. TDE and kendrick knowing the pressure to repeat GKMC probably want a single that can do both since they can't remove it from track listing once it's known az the "official" single. Imagine if in 2 years we were all saying the second album is great except for "I"? Why not avoid that possibility

Also I really doubt they only got 7 songs completed, especially considering the relatively quick timetable they are talking about releasing the album. Likely they got tracks completed in the high teens/20's so burning songs to get the first single just right isn't the end of the world

Kendrick said he has a bunch of tracks but only likes seven. I can imagine Interscope is pushing for a 2014 release while he tries to slow the brakes. This is going to be a huge holiday season, his album could be gold before New Years...hence why the label is starting up the machine.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom