• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

How is he corny or bland? He is the best hip hop artist right now.

x3gqUGl.png

HiResDes

I've heard everything now. Honestly Wiki eats the guys lunch in just about every regard. Bishop Nehru and the Underachievers too.

See, now this is gonna get ugly. Joey isn't that bad, he's just really dull and brings little to the table. Song was pretty boring.

Compared to what genres, for example? And struggling in what way? I don't understand.

I don't see how he is dull or doesn't bring anything to the table. He is one of the few that do, so it's the opposite.

I agree with you, but rap is, imo, in a definite struggle phase right now.
Nah, this is said damn near every year by somebody and it's never true. The problem is, yall listen to the same group of artists who either stay stagnant or skills diminish with every release and are ready to throw the genre out the window.

Branch out and find something that sounds good to you. There's a whole treasure trove of good music out there you haven't heard yet.

That Original GKMC

Also, I really do feel like rappers that try harder are generally looked down on by Gaf-hop, then rappers that don't really try all to hard are looked up too. See: Lil B, Riff Raff, Young Thug etc. But I guess it's just very low expectations for them while rappers that try hard have higher expectations.

90's was the golden era of hip-hop, Joey is trying to embrace that and bring it back but it doesn't appeal to the people that are trynna hear fewtch/thugger/LA FLAME rn tbh. I can understand it tho. Just different types of hip hop and that's what makes Hip Hop great tbh.

except travis scott. that nigga trash

He's trying to be just like all of the rappers from the 90s, that's pretty dull

He is but to me he does it in a way that doesn't come off as corny and keeps it fresh.

Now you wanna see some tryhard 90s shit? Look no further than Blabbermouf and his ilk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRkeKkTM4j8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xv4R7zcZbYQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO8h5VLnDZI

It's paying homage in the worst way. Dated production, dated rhyme styles (Das Efx -iggiy in 2000s? lmao), videos doing parts of what the Roots called out in the What They Do video back in the very era they're trying to imitate, it's just awful. Even down to the godamn tracklist of their album.

I'm not even gonna touch on the fact that these dudes are from the Netherlands.

Shit's disgusting
i7h3KK1DuumdM.png

DominoKid

the worst thing that could've ever happened to badass was embracing being pigeonholed as bringing the spirit of the 90s back. he was a wrap after that.

even j cole realized you can't anchor yourself to the past.

Tokubetsu

We make fun of Enzo and Peterboy for KTT shit but if we ever had a gaf-hop bbq or something Count would be the one in the corner bitching about the music.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom