• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

knowshon-cries-2.gif

Just waiting on that Metro Boomin Thug tape now

tmdorsey

So here's my review of the OutKast ATLast show from last night.

Fucking awesome! One of the best concerts I've been to in my life. The opening acts where Lil Wil, Slim Calhoun, Janelle Monae, Future, and 2 Chainz.

Between sets we had Greg Street on turntable who did a good job keeping the crowd hyped (It was something seeing my entire crowd section swag surfin)

Out of the opening acts I have to give the nod to 2 Chainz for best performance and reaction. Janelle Monae gave a great performance, but I don't think the majority of the crowd were big fans of her music. Future had his hits of course which got a good reaction from the crowd, but the performance was kinda meh.

The real fun though of course was when the boys hit the stage. OutKast is one of my favorite groups of all time and I'm definitely a 3K stan, but man this performance was a site to be seen. This crowd was definitely their audience because everybody I saw was rapping/singing every song and just in a zone as was I. My voice is sore from yelling/rapping along with them damn near the entire set.

I know there were some reports of 3K not being that into some of the performances on the tour, but he seemed pretty fine here. Every now and then he did that back turn to the crowd but him and Big did a little conversating and alot of joking with the crowd more so than I expected from Dre.

Before this show, I never understood why people took video at concerts, but now I do. lol. When they performed some of my favorite songs I couldn't help but pull the phone and start recording like everyone else around me.

The last time I saw them live was almost 20 years ago. They were good then and now with all these hits under their bet even better now. If they are performing anywhere near your city, I highly recommend checking them out.

HiResDes

Brehs I'm trying to be Yeezus for Halloween this year, wonder how much that haircut gonna cost me. Also if anybody knows where to find a cheap alternative to the famed egyptian cotton white tee let me know.

Esch

Banned
Brehs I'm trying to be Yeezus for Halloween this year, wonder how much that haircut gonna cost me. Also if anybody knows where to find a cheap alternative to the famed egyptian cotton white tee let me know.
Yeah. Go to Walmart, should have Hanes on deck

troll.png

Currensy was so good when I saw him. Dude had a big ass bottle of some cheap luxury alcohol and just rappin his ass off.

He was late as shit tho. Border problems. Canada ain't playin when it comes to that.

HiiiLife

Currensy was so good when I saw him. Dude had a big ass bottle of some cheap luxury alcohol and just rappin his ass off.

He was late as shit tho. Border problems. Canada ain't playin when it comes to that.

He's good at interacting with the crowd. Dude is funny as hell.

Only thing I could do without was having to deal with the no name rappers who opened up for him. Shiiiiiet. We wanna see Spitta, dammit.

He's good at interacting with the crowd. Dude is funny as hell.

Only thing I could do without was having to deal with the no name rappers who opened up for him. Shiiiiiet. We wanna see Spitta, dammit.

I shook his hand
kttcoliblessed

and yea, always gotta put the homies on stage

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
You guys have to be trolling. That Sean song sounds like a parody of a Mustard song.

Right Back BANGS.

That new Jay Elec verse is okay.

why y'all boosting that Joey Badass song when y'all were clowning similar songs in the past

both of those juicy j songs are wack

Kendrick is probably on The Carter V.

Last Russell Simmons X Rick Rubin Back and Forth: Why they signed Slick Rick.

Loaded Lux - Action On Site.

G-Unit on GGN. I don't watch this often, but it's a good episode. If I had more time, I'd probably watch GGN all the time just for the S-tier clowning from Snoop.
#ThankYouMastaP

Rockie Fresh - Hesitate. I liked God is Great but this is ehh.

Rick Ross ft. Stalley - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted. It's okay. Stalley must be so happy Meek got locked.

Where I'm From: Hit-Boy. New documentary series from Jay's Life+Times.

2 Chainz does expensive shit, as a part of GQs new series... called Most Expensivest Shit. The car one is the best.
6 Chainz

The Burning of Kingston. Super short minidoc on a graffiti thing in NYC.

You guys have to be trolling. That Sean song sounds like a parody of a Mustard song.

I'm pretty surprised you don't like the song shit is just a pure banger those four songs he dropped last week were better than most of Hall of Fame and seems to be the direction most people prefer Sean to be in.

A Week Ago is a top tier Jay Z song

It's a dice game, and sometimes you crap
Who woulda thought you'd get popped one time and rap?
Now you know that's bad when your sister is mad
and your son gotta grow up like, "This is my dad?"
The labelling of a snitch is a lifetime scar
You'll always be in jail nigga, just minus the bars

i6P2EGLjoNGyQ.png

One of the few good moments on that terrible album

It's a dice game, and sometimes you crap
Who woulda thought you'd get popped one time and rap?
Now you know that's bad when your sister is mad
and your son gotta grow up like, "This is my dad?"
The labelling of a snitch is a lifetime scar
You'll always be in jail nigga, just minus the bars

i6P2EGLjoNGyQ.png

One of the few good moments on that terrible album

Vol 2 was fiyah breh.

HiResDes

When it came out it was pretty good, but it's aged pretty terribly due to the nature of the production.

Volume one is still a pretty good album despite its very 90s esque song structures and archetypes somehow.

iRR9q04rPr2F6.png
now that is a mediocre album right there. The bootlegged version with Anything and the crazy version of Is That Your Chick etc is pretty dope but the retail is basically high points and low points.

Revisionism.

Fuck outta here. There's Been A Murder alone shits on most of Vol 2

Esch

Banned
Fuck outta here. There's Been A Murder alone shits on most of Vol 2

Reality agrees with me. Vol.2 had several dope album cuts and club joints, blew Jay-Z up, hell even made DMX an undercard on the biggest rap tour when he was at the very height of his power. Ntm that it put a stake in the heart of the puffy/jiggy rap era. It's a banger all the way through.

Vol. 3... Perceived as a fall off, suffered from a bootleg, Jay moved a few of the quality songs on it to Bleek and Beans.. Without Big Pimpin' and the publicity from Jay stabbing un it wouldn't have pushed many units. Only thing I think it's really notable for is that it's the last album that really has ice water veins, arrogant jay.

troll.png

Esch you're killin me bruh

Memory's fuzzy on that bootleg but weren't those 2 songs pretty much the only major difference between that and retail? Hova Interlude too iirc but that was it

Esch

Banned
Esch you're killin me bruh

Memory's fuzzy on that bootleg but weren't those 2 songs pretty much the only major difference between that and retail? Hova Interlude too iirc but that was it

I think he added some of the wacker tracks on the album last minute, kind of like how Gnanzour mutilated Nastradamus when he found out it leaked. Some of the shit like S. Carter.

I still like some of the tracks on vol 3 though.

“I remove your roof, n1gga, let the sun shine in, 38 waist, ’nuff to put one nine in, really a 36 without the gun I’m thin, but when the gat is tucked, I’m fat as fuck, ignorant bastard, I’m taking it back to day one, no kids, but trust me I know how to raise a gun...."

HiResDes

Vol. 3 has lower lows, not a good album overall no matter how good two or three of the tracks are. Neither are great, but volume two was a bit better and had more bangers for sure.

I think he added some of the wacker tracks on the album last minute, kind of like how Gnanzour mutilated Nastradamus when he found out it leaked. Some of the shit like S. Carter.

I still like some of the tracks on vol 3 though.

“I remove your roof, n1gga, let the sun shine in, 38 waist, ’nuff to put one nine in, really a 36 without the gun I’m thin, but when the gat is tucked, I’m fat as fuck, ignorant bastard, I’m taking it back to day one, no kids, but trust me I know how to raise a gun...."

Weren't I Am and Nastradamus supposed to be one double album? Probably would've been better than what we got from both of them if Lost Tapes is any indication.

Lupe probably has the best advance that was better than the album though unless I'm forgetting others

Esch

Banned
Weren't I Am and Nastradamus supposed to be one double album? Probably would've been better than what we got from both of them if Lost Tapes is any indication.

Lupe probably has the best advance that was better than the album though unless I'm forgetting others
I think so. They were.

Nah, GOAT "bootleg" stays this tho, almost a classic in terms of quality. the retail wasnt up to scratch:

gohstf-bulwal.jpg

pretty sure this one had sample issues and then the wu just leaked it because fuck it.

I think so. They were.

Nah, GOAT "bootleg" stays this tho, almost a classic in terms of quality. the retail wasnt up to scratch:

gohstf-bulwal.jpg

pretty sure this one had sample issues and then the wu just leaked it because fuck it.

I KNEW I was forgetting something.

The Watch
i4kDkJk4SSxkd.png

Flowers original beat
itECMl5m33kVz.png

The Sun
ibyOEMquWeTJoG.png

Good Times
i0rvKHtavFXPJ.png

Retail was alright though all things considered

cacophony

so far this FL sounds like a bunch of super high jazz musicians trying to out shred each other in rehearsal . even more so than usual

CRS

so far this FL sounds like a bunch of super high jazz musicians trying to out shred each other in rehearsal . even more so than usual

The tracks are short though but it works. Enjoying it so far.

Turkey Dog Coma...
i4kDkJk4SSxkd.png

The Boys Who Died In Their Sleep
ibyOEMquWeTJoG.png

iISiyHKxKrsxZ.png

This one didn't instantly click for me like the others did. On Stirring now and I wasn't too hot on this until Fkn Dead and Never Catch Me. Dead Man's Tetris is kind of whatever but Turkey Dog Coma was good.

CRS

Really liking You're Dead so far. Like a lot.

And yeah, I could do without the Snoop feature but maybe I'll warm up to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom