• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kinda interested in seeing your top 10. Most of your posts I've come across have been pretty down on most everything this year.
I can't imagine not liking at least 10 albums over a 12 month span.
Nothing is really sticking for me this year, I just don't feel comfortable saying an okayish album is Top 10 on a given year.

Black Hystori Project is still my AotY, and I don't see anything making it by the end of the year to displace that outside of Federal Reserve, and maaaaaaaaaybe RTJ2 or Caddilactica.

wat? this is going circular. project is safe because madlibs production is the same as ever. it's technically great but i wasn't enjoying it as much as some of the esgn stuff for example.

gibbs took the risk and rapped over it though, and proved he's great in all elements. but if pinata had other producers on it i'd find the project more memorable.

Courage

I mean, would y'all rather have Madlib drastically change his style for a Gibbs collab? As "safe" as the beats sound, they cater to Gibbs' gangster persona to a tee.

Cheddahz

Banned
Meanwhile, Kendrick trying to convince people he loves himself when he has one half of a head with cornrows and the other side of the head with twists

giphy.gif

Madlib x Young Thug should be a thing.
I actually want this

Courage

Way too many duds on Neon Icon for it to even be in the top 10. Should have stuck with the eccentric rap concepts and ditch the EDM/country BS, even if it adds variety.

Nothing wrong with that, you must have pretty particular taste to really like so few albums.

Ehh, you're not wrong.

I don't HATE the mainstream but a lot of what people talk about, I just don't give the time of day anymore.

As far as the underground, I got off that "real hiphop" kick years ago. I just need to be entertained for an albums length and much of that "real hiphop" shit is real boring.

overcast

Way too many duds on Neon Icon for it to even be in the top 10. Should have stuck with the eccentric rap concepts and ditch the EDM/country BS, even if it adds variety.
Absolutely. I do love the good songs, but he might as well have thrown on Dolce and Gabbana and left that garbage ass Time song in the dust. Really feel like Neon Icon could have been better than it was.

Courage

Y'all should probably listen to Black Hystori Project before dissing Cyhi like this. Enzo's right on this one. Also:

Cyhi >>>>>>>>>> Big Sean >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Travis Scott.

Esch

Banned
Esch knows.

lets be reality, in 2014, for a lot of these soulja girls 808s are a must. they need bombastic, scream in your face production. Anything understated, or anything that deviates from the trap template formula is a no-go. That music ADHD. Hence people shitting on Pinata and Shabazz Palaces...

Oh and while i'd never call it aoty, Black Hystori Project is pretty solid. It has nice beats, some decent rapping, it's cohesive. If it wasn't released by CyHi the Trash you'd all probably be digging on it.

Y'all should probably listen to Black Hystori Project before dissing Cyhi like this. Enzo's right on this one. Also:

Cyhi >>>>>>>>>> Big Sean >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Travis Scott.
Big Sean and Travis are awful, but Cyhi did drop a good tape this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom