• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's relatively affordable compared to $500-$1k street wear, which is the point. Don't skimp on the material costs, but make the margin as small as possible. Not hard to conceptualize.

Of course 99% of people don't care about the material quality if it's sufficient, but the goal isn't to sell to your grandma and grandpa anyways.

7IYUQIY.gif

RTJ2 is 'start a fight" music, but the initial impact (like RTJ1) is the best.

I think it has more staying power than the first, but it doesn't become a richer experience on subsequent listens which to me is always a mark of a great album. The project loses strength, however at much slower rate than RTJ1, I still think it's top 5 of the year for me.

DominoKid

Why not?

I've only listened through the entire thing once, but I really pray it doesn't turn into RTJ on subsequent listens (which, by the third listen you never want to touch a song off of it again).

That's why I say RAP Music is still the best thing theyve done.

PBY

Banned
Why not?

I've only listened through the entire thing once, but I really pray it doesn't turn into RTJ on subsequent listens (which, by the third listen you never want to touch a song off of it again).

ppl are gonna forget about it in like a week

just like the last one

It ain't aoty. But it's got awesome energy. Better songs than rtj as well
That's really just it. I loved the first for exactly one listen. Feel like this is better- but the same. The energy is all that works for me

I dunno.

Trey

Gotta listen to RTJ2 in different contexts. If you keep bumping it only between DOTA 2 sessions, of course it will get stale.

When you hear it in the whip, while pregaming, while partying, or just sitting there, you'll know where you really stand. At least that's how I figure out if an album will ever click with me or not.

Esch

Banned
we made it verse is great, i can see how you wouldn't get it if you haven't bothered w/ any five percenter stuff though

its still shiny suit theory though

naw

we made it verse is great, i can see how you wouldn't get it if you haven't bothered w/ any five percenter stuff though

its still shiny suit theory though
no

there was a bunch of five percenter shit in jay e's verse and i fucked with it. i just don't like jay-z's verse cause it sounded like he was struggling on the beat

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Heat of the Moment - Good hook, first verse might be Drake's worst ever, rest of it is bleh, 40 fell off, etc.

How Bout Now - Still not messing with it.

6 God - Hot beat, probably the best song of them at all, but it's pretty funny seeing this is basically the type of song he's criticizing in Heat of the Moment lol

These better be throwaways or else Views From The 6 might be too.

DominoKid

Heat of the Moment - Good hook, first verse might be Drake's worst ever, rest of it is bleh, 40 fell off, etc.

How Bout Now - Still not messing with it.

6 God - Hot beat, probably the best song of them at all, but it's pretty funny seeing this is basically the type of song he's criticizing in Heat of the Moment lol

These better be throwaways or else Views From The 6 might be too.

NWTS throwaways. These songs have been coming up since the album came out. He's been performing them for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom