• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
A-Villa ft. Action Bronson, Roc Marciano, & Willie The Kid – Live From The Villa

1364264064_nas-mask.gif

Tokubetsu

Rtj2 is great.

Not feeling the El p hate. I mean mike raps rings around him but he's not too bad that he detracts from the album

the problem I had with RTJ is they just weren't meshing. You're throwing a space rap dude in with a conscious trap rapper. And I say trap rapper in the "classical" sense of the term (Jeezy, early T.I. Shawty Redd era "trap") . I love space rap EL-P. It was before gaf-hops type but I spun the fuck out of "I'll Sleep When You're Dead" back in 07. It and None Shall Pass was all I was listening to. this still goes if you're some shitty emo fuck like me.

The saddest part of Killer Mike for me is he has yet to release a project better than Pledge Allegiance 2 to me. Pledge 2 is up there with Flockaveli for "albums of 00s I feel safe in calling classic."

RTJ2 is quality though. They found the point where they mix well.

The bass, drums, and synths on this Black Milk album tho
100HH2U.gif

edit: whew @ the interludes. Thank god interludes are back yall. That Rass Kass album has some dope ones too.

Black MIlk's album feels like it has 2x more beats than there are tracks with all those interludes. "Scum" has 3 beats, alone.

The intro is so good too.

HiResDes

Came back from John Wick. Shit was dope. Now I'm bout to drink some beer and listen to RTJ2. Again.

I'm working nights and I never got that sushi because my aunt got sent to the ER I work at and I stayed with her so long that I eventually had to change into my scrubs and clock in. This is gonna be a long one, hungry as a motherfucker.

Came back from John Wick. Shit was dope. Now I'm bout to drink some beer and listen to RTJ2. Again.

Was going to watch both this and Dear White People back to back, but got there late and John Wick wasn't available at the time. Dear White People was good though. Pretty funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom