• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Metal Gear Solid is obvs the Kanye of games -- idiosyncratic, narcissistic and eye-rolling to a fault, but sometimes you take a step back and think "yeah, ok, I see what you're doing here." Production's almost always on point, too.

7d606fd5a1dc0bad537138b0f5d901af.jpg

last page of the thread and y'all talkin bout games. scust.
Still one more page to go breh

Nothing kanye has made is as garbage as mgs4

drunk and hot girls >>> mgs4 cutscenes

Anyways I consider experimental kanye (808s and yeezus) to be more like suda51. A lot of ppl don't vibe with it and shit on it, but the fans really like it

Anyone in Gaf Hop from / lived in / spent time in Seattle? Just booked a trip with my girlfriend from December 30 - Jan 6th. Got a rental car and we are staying near the University district. Any recommendations? I got a huge list of restaurants / bars already so anything else worth checking out is welcome.

Cheddahz

Banned
Anyone in Gaf Hop from / lived in / spent time in Seattle? Just booked a trip with my girlfriend from December 30 - Jan 6th. Got a rental car and we are staying near the University district. Any recommendations? I got a huge list of restaurants / bars already so anything else worth checking out is welcome.

I think Overcast recently went there, so be sure to hit him up about Seattle (he might know a few spots)!

HiResDes

Hit up the beer thread for crazy good beer recs in the city. DistantMantra lives there and knows the best beer and pizza spots.

I stepped up my posting game, I believe to claim the top spot. I haven't looked though at how close it is.

I believe Cosmic Bus also lives there.

These Kanye comparisons

XkW4CUm.gif

Top 10 Last Gen (no order):

Red Dead Redemption
Burnout Paradise
Rock Band 2
Mirror's Edge
Super Mario Galaxy
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
MGS4
Assassin's Creed 2
The Witcher 2
Skate

CRS

Guys I'm in the planning phases of PC building. I have a budget of 800-900 dollars but might need a second job to speed along the process. Pretty excited though.

I was thinking of building a desktop but now I'm leaning towards a laptop in the meanwhile for the same reasons.

A little late, but PCPartPicker is the GOAT site that makes the entire process pretty straight forward since it eliminates any compatibility issues.

PC building is a lot of fun and especially if you catch the upgrade bug (had to get a new GPU so I went a bit extra and decided to custom water cool my entire rig, lol):

Tinkering with stuff, dismantling, putting it back together, etc. is a lot of fun.

Absolutely disgraceful. Granted we did have a lot of new people in there but it was a joke.

Start 23 year old dudes rotating playtime in the 2. Bundesliga instead of MLS starters with good seasons brehs.
In all fairness we played badly for a good portion. And both teams were full of B team players.

We'll take the win though, even as a friendly. Lord knows we could do with some wins.

IrishNinja

RDR is the video game version of a J Cole album

you mean GTA right

What vidya game series is the Kanye of gaming, and can you please rank each game in the series.

i was gonna say my precious Yakuza (MBDTF = Dead Souls) but

Metal Gear Solid is obvs the Kanye of games -- idiosyncratic, narcissistic and eye-rolling to a fault, but sometimes you take a step back and think "yeah, ok, I see what you're doing here." Production's almost always on point, too.

...that's on point

should have copped another copy of shattered dimensions from one of those huge bins of shit they have

goddamn
for real though i never gave that game a fair shake

As I said before, I have a hard ass time making lists like this and I made this list in class before a critique, so I might go back and re-adjust somethings, but I love Lost Odyssey for a good number of reasons, but I got to play it after I suffered through Final Fantasy XIII and it just reminded me of FFX a whole lot (which is in my top five for FF games) and yeah, I still need to beat Yakuza someday (love the game, kinda hate the random fights in the city as you try to reach a mission)

i can dig it; FF XIII really shits the bed, and LO feels like that more traditional FF game we didn't get last gen. it's way too long but having finished it, i can totally see you here.

honest question: how many times must irish listen to "jump around" before he feels like an irish in the morning?

i wake up to either Who's the Man or Back from the Dead #factsonly

comparing Koji and Ye... this is the lowest I've seen this sub stoop...

but...they're geniuses

CRS

how hard is it to water cool a rig? its looks not that hard.

Not that bad. Only Biggest issue is knowing what fittings to get and how many.

These guys:

You kinda have to imagine in your head the pathing of the tubing and from there get the corresponding fittings.

Edit:

They're not issues but you have to plan everything out before you buy anything. It does take a little bit of research, comparing other builds, and measuring out your own build. It took me like a week to figure everything out but once I did, it was smooth sailing from there. The building of the setup itself was pretty straightforward and had no complications.

DominoKid

This tape is a bit of a guilty pleasure, as the artists wears his influences directly on his sleeve. However, it might be the most enjoyable pop rap album I've heard all year. And make no mistake about this really being a fully fleshed out album sporting a sheen and high resolution mastering rivaling and besting most retail joints currently getting released. It's unbelievable how Tory hasn't yet claimed the billboards as the tape is basically radio and club hit after hit. Tory has this breathy dramatic delivery that really spotlights all of the little innuendos and slick double speak he spits out. The tape also sports a few R&B tracks, which Tory absolutely kills. You can tell he definitely was a big fan of gritty 90s R&B groups as he's able to move from talking grimy to being sensual at the drop of a hat. I think fans of the Weeknd, Drake, Rich Homie Quan, Partynextdoor, and Trey Songz are going love this joint. And the dusty guys definitely are gonna hate this shit. But I can't deny loving.

Swag out of 10.

wasn't he new around the same time Kid Ink and Kirko Bangz were? its surprising he hasn't really had a hit yet. even with if it's with one of those plug and play Mustard beats.

Fjordson

A little late, but PCPartPicker is the GOAT site that makes the entire process pretty straight forward since it eliminates any compatibility issues.
Damn, this is tight.

I'm dying to build a gaming PC, but I always get intimidated that I'll buy something wrong or not set it up right and just say fuck it. Not so much the main components, but like proper ventilation with fans and stuff. Need to get over that and just take the plunge eventually.

Thought i'd seen it all.

Cape for someone who beats his 4 year old son until he bleeds, gafbrehs.

smh @ people automatically saying "I was spanked as a child and it wasn't bad" while completely ignoring the fact that this ignorant ass motherfucking pos literally busted his son's scrotum open, put leaves in his mouth while beating him, and terrorized him to the point that his child is scared of him.

IrishNinja

CRS that typa dude that prolly mcguyvers a bong together from shoestring, potatoes & whatever's in his pocket when need be

yeah, this shit was nice & short, gonna be sharing this one

Thought i'd seen it all.

Cape for someone who beats his 4 year old son until he bleeds, gafbrehs.

poe's law stays in effect mode in OT, im not even sure what defense force id have to see to honestly be surprised at this point

Krit only sold 42K
kttcoliwow

damn, was hoping dude would clearly 50k, even without my sale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom