• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh yeah, they're milking 4 dry and like 10 years from now after Persona 5's Kitchen Tips and Teddie Stubs his Toe i'm sure i'm gonna have 5 as well

fuck this sounds like nothing i want in a Souls game
Dark Souls 2 is fine BTW. It has some more bullshit but it is very much a souls game. Not the best one but a solid entry.

Hugstable

Banned
Dark Souls 2 is fine BTW. It has some more bullshit but it is very much a souls game. Not the best one but a solid entry.

Sweet good to hear, finally got off my 2 week break off the first game and just about to start the DLC now, trying to finish all the games atleast before Bloodborne comes out.

JohnDoe

Banned
mjlolhjuci.gif
mjlolhjuci.gif
mjlolhjuci.gif
mjlolhjuci.gif

EDIT: I wish you guys could read the taco bell dollar menu review I wrote on the bore. Shit is not gaf appropriate but I feel it's one of my best works.

smh. I just read it. LOL

Courage

Real talk, the Fritos burrito is overrated as fuck. I couldn't taste any beef or sauce when I ate one for the first time yesterday, just frito.

Crunchy Potato Soft Taco is GOAT tho

Confirmations for Boiler Room LA are out, make sure you're on the list and come prepared

- You must be 21 years of age or older. ID is essential. (There will be a limited free bar).

- We politely invite all attending audience to wear all black clothing.

IrishNinja

that's not irony that's irishninja

wait wait when do i hate on yeezy tho
i like dude, and have enjoyed like all of his non MBDTF albums

We've been too hard on Irish lately. Let's leave him alone.

fan clubs get wild when you don't read they letters, it's cool fam

ah glad to hear it...still hoping for a PS4 port since everything else that's not Persona 5 is getting one, ill give it till when the itch returns next year & prolly just grab it onna steam sale or something

DominoKid

lol

Real talk now: I think we can all agree that most of these over Dilla shippers love him because they heard Donuts... And it's been confirmed by Questlove himself that what let to Donuts was J Dilla listening to TCD sampling (or to be more specific, Spaceship) and thinking to himself that of all the times he has heard the OG Marvin Gaye sample, he never would have chopped it like Kanye did... It fucked him up so much he spent his time after that sampling the shit out of soul records in strange ways (just listen to his unreleased 2005 beat tapes) which led to Donuts.

Dilla has also given Kanye tons of his drum libraries on ZIP drives before his death... He really was into his music and has said himself he wanted to do collabs.

Ye could never use those drums. He'd catch an absolute avalanche of shit from the purists.

codhand

lol

Real talk now: I think we can all agree that most of these over Dilla shippers love him because they heard Donuts... And it's been confirmed by Questlove himself that what let to Donuts was J Dilla listening to TCD sampling (or to be more specific, Spaceship) and thinking to himself that of all the times he has heard the OG Marvin Gaye sample, he never would have chopped it like Kanye did... It fucked him up so much he spent his time after that sampling the shit out of soul records in strange ways (just listen to his unreleased 2005 beat tapes) which led to Donuts.

Dilla has also given Kanye tons of his drum libraries on ZIP drives before his death... He really was into his music and has said himself he wanted to do collabs.

meh i think donuts was him listening to madlib that gave donuts its sound more than any ye record, also fuck quest love culture keeper folklore ass

Also a lot of those beat tapes beats you mention are better than stuff off donuts,

HiResDes

I feel bad to admit this but I'm getting a bit annoyed by all by the bucket challenge especially in instances on social media where the people aren't donating a damn thing and are using it more as a way to garner notoriety through disingenuous means. I kind of want to start a stick finger up your ass for MS viral video.

IrishNinja

see yeah as a Dilla fan, i mean i dig Donuts but it's not even his best shit, so it's always weird seeing it gassed up

also fuck quest love culture keeper folklore ass

Lowkey 5 star comment. Questlove always got some metacommentarial historical shit to chronicle like he's the fuccin hip hop Herodotus.

damn, ya'll got examples of what you're on about here? cause i keep reading these posts and only seeing KRS-1

codhand

You gotta look at old Ummah beats on like Bush Babees albums, then listen to Madvillainy and understand that it was the absolute dopest shit ever. Then JayDee and Madlib made Jaylib which IMO was each artist subconciously trying to immulate eachothers production style with OK success (album doesnt hold up).

This stuff about TCD and Spaceship, is literally the first time I've heard it. Not saying it isn't true that J Dilla said it, but rather just look at the actual progression of Dilla's music to see that a huge Madlib influence happened towards the end of his life. Same was true for Madlib; and this mutual respect is well documented in the interviews around the time of the release of Jaylib. Which is for the record a terrible album title.

Esch

Banned
damn, ya'll got examples of what you're on about here? cause i keep reading these posts and only seeing KRS-1

Lol, it's not that serious. Its just that every time i read some Questlove op-ed or Okayplayer post he's on some, sit down children Rafiki shit. Some I'm the Gandalf of Middle-New York shit. Some spoony bard shit.

IrishNinja

Lol, it's not that serious. Its just that every time i read some Questlove op-ed or Okayplayer post he's on some, sit down children Rafiki shit. Some I'm the Gandalf of Middle-New York shit. Some spoony bard shit.

i casually fucked with okayplayer in the day, but how much of that do you think happened after twitter? ?uest got a huge crowd these days, i mean everyone has that cousin that gets a few facebook friends & starts quoting dalai lama

overcast

No use comparing Taco Bell and homemade tacos though. Sometimes between classes I need to get a fix of some shitty, junky, temporarily satisfying grub and I'm balling on a budget. Hence today's lunch (Taco Bell).

PlayDat

I liked the essay series Questlove did with Vulture a couple months ago. He brings an interesting perspective since most of the people who would write these sorts of pop-culture op-eds don't have the background necessary to speak intelligently about hip-hop. Quest's writing never comes off as authoritative in the condescending way either.

It's possible that his assertions on what the key aspects of the genre's history are and it's relationship with black culture were are way off the mark, but I'd be surprised if the man himself wouldn't admit that. It was enjoyable read nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom