• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.

T Dollarz

Idk though, I'm more of a Doggystyle > Chronic kinda guy.

I'll probably be switching them out regularly anyways, this is just gonna be my starting trio.

NpJ0KQbl.jpg

Hey guys here is my current 10 LP collection. My record player is jacked up, so until I get a new one I'm gonna utilize my 3 album frames. What do you think would be the perfect trifecta to hang on my wall?

Deltron, Illmatic, Doggystyle.

Sci-fi, street storytelling, BBQ. Little bit of everything.

NpJ0KQbl.jpg

Hey guys here is my current 10 LP collection. My record player is jacked up, so until I get a new one I'm gonna utilize my 3 album frames. What do you think would be the perfect trifecta to hang on my wall?

Illmatic, Chronic, 36 Chambers.

Chronic is overrated but it would look good on a wall.

Esch

Banned
Idk though, I'm more of a Doggystyle > Chronic kinda guy.

I'll probably be switching them out regularly anyways, this is just gonna be my starting trio.

Frame the most obscure ones. Putting an Illmatic / Chronic record on your wall is boring, everyone knows about that chit. It's like moving into your freshman dorm and hanging up a 2pac poster and something beer related. Shit's tedious.

CRS

Frame the most obscure ones. Putting an Illmatic / Chronic record on your wall is boring, everyone knows about that chit. It's like moving into your freshman dorm and hanging up a 2pac poster and something beer related. Shit's tedious.

Honestly, framing records are nice and all (I have some frames just haven't gotten around to it) but if you're just starting, get a nice shelving unit and save the top shelf or something to display a record or two. My top two shelves are for the records/box sets that don't fit with the standard sleeve size.

This is mine right here and works great to store all of my music.

CRS

That shelving is nice as fuck CRS.

Just hung my shit up
be8N6nF.jpg

Nice man! But yeah, you can start with a case that Des posted or get some shelves. This one's lasted me for a really fucking long time. Can't even remember when I first got them, it's been that long.

It's a cheapish unit so the shelves are starting to bend a bit (you can see in the picture) but I haven't had any reason to worry. IKEA used to have the god-tier units for records, not sure if they still sell them though. They're called Expedits. Try to see if you can find any of them.

Hang up the shit that you've worn out and won't have the urge to play any time soon. It's kind of smart

This is a great idea.

T Dollarz

Won't need shelving myself probably for like another 10 years til my collection really gets that huge. Til then I'll just get a box like Des posted. I only buy a few a year so it's all good. Any suggestions on a player though? Main thing for me is being able to plug it into my headphones & sound bar.

HiResDes

Won't need shelving myself probably for like another 10 years til my collection really gets that huge. Til then I'll just get a box like Des posted. I only buy a few a year so it's all good. Any suggestions on a player though? Main thing for me is being able to plug it into my headphones & sound bar.

You could be looking at two separate units it sounds like then...A receiver and a record players.

Don't bid over fifty for this, but for under $50 this is a good deal - http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions/Vintage-Scott-Direct-Drive-PS-67A-Turntable-17696054.html

CRS

For a starter table, try the AT-LP60

Esch

Banned
god she looks like she's twelve, wtf

I was actually talking with Shaka the gawd about this today.

All these Nick / Disney chicks are picked and groomed to appeal to slightly pedo dudes. 16 year old faces with 14 year old bodies on women in their 20s.

All these Nick / Disney chicks are and picked and groomed to appeal to slightly pedo dudes. 16 year old faces with 14 year old bodies on women in their 20s.
Shit is gross. Where are the woman at?

Kwixotik

Honestly, framing records are nice and all (I have some frames just haven't gotten around to it) but if you're just starting, get a nice shelving unit and save the top shelf or something to display a record or two. My top two shelves are for the records/box sets that don't fit with the standard sleeve size.

This is mine right here and works great to store all of my music.

Liquid Swords, Blu & Exile, and DOOM

Those are some excellent display decisions

T Dollarz

For a starter table, try the AT-LP60
Damn, that looks really nice. A bit pricy for me, but I guess I should just suck it up so I can buy one and stick with it for years to come.

All these Nick / Disney chicks are and picked and groomed to appeal to slightly pedo dudes. 16 year old faces with 14 year old bodies on women in their 20s.
So true it's scary.

All these Nick / Disney chicks are picked and groomed to appeal to slightly pedo dudes. 16 year old faces with 14 year old bodies on women in their 20s.

It started with the Mary Kate and Ashley obsession once they turned 18 I always thought they looked like troll dolls :kanyeshrug:

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

I am really glad I'm not the only one who thought this. Like, I grew up liking older women so I just thought maybe I was insane.

But yeah, they ALL look like jail time.
victoria justice tho

exception

s'why she's stuck doing youtube videos

Jitters

Feminist Icon, Nicki Minaj's new song ain't bad. Just heard it on the show earlier. I can dig it.

Any of you guys like Edward Scissortongue???????????

Esch

Banned
It started with the Mary Kate and Ashley obsession once they turned 18 I always thought they looked like troll dolls :kanyeshrug:

Nah breh. It's always been like this. People are just more aware of this stuff now, and perceive it as a problem (compared to countries and cultures that are more... feudal).

CRS

0owwq4H.jpg

The czar of this chit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom