• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTXI| Five Year Nation

Status
Not open for further replies.
rollin-with-the-homies-o.gif

also funny that Drake even at the height of his game still wants the respect and credibility of a street rapper, give it up brah. even Mook is a college grad no?

Drake has to be the most sensitive big rapper of all time. I remember him saying NWTS would be a super lyrical album, word of a Wu Tang song leaked...then the album came out and was the same awkward, one flow shit. He's not bad, he's better than average...but that's really about it. He doesn't do anything noteworthy from a rap perspective; all his strengths are pop oriented (hooks and melody). Yet he's still acting like "real hip hop" is that father figure he has to impress, and clearly catches feelings when he's challenged (Control). smh

Drake would fuck Schoolboy Q just to get at Kendrick. But he'd do it in some corny way trying to be subliminal.

I only fuck with fine bitches, Jane Fonda
But when I get in niggas asses I leave the bucket hats in the Honda

Who runs shit all year, who do y'all fear
Who got you screaming out man of the year

Keep my ear to the streets, trying not to be deaf like Foxy
Blame my moxy, you won't believe what I get niggas to do for oxy

You know I might be a little too hard on statik's project. I say that because I realized I hate the way these producer albums are formatted. It just doesn't appeal to me at all.

Still the fatigue of his album sets in about halfway through and I do believe if you have 5 sets of 4 beats that will sound similar. Doesn't help all the choruses basically play at the same so that tires me as well

Esch

Banned
either way though

challenge one of the best battle rappers ever (even if he is flabbynsick) when you need to whip out your phone for a freestyle, brehs. I kinda hope this event snowballs and lots of big rappers show up to watch drake get that work. I need some more vulgar laughing Jigga gifs, all i got last night was him playing with his baby and not paying attention to shit.

codhand

I only fuck with fine bitches, Jane Fonda
But when I get in niggas asses I leave the bucket hats in the Honda

Who runs shit all year, who do y'all fear
Who got you screaming out man of the year

Keep my ear to the streets, trying not to be deaf like Foxy
Blame my moxy, you won't believe what I get niggas to do for oxy

lol

either way though

challenge one of the best battle rappers ever (even if he is flabbynsick) when you need to whip out your phone for a freestyle, brehs. I kinda hope this event snowballs and lots of big rappers show up to watch drake get that work. I need some more vulgar laughing Jigga gifs, all i got last night was him playing with his baby and not paying attention to shit.
If it does happen it certainly will be entertaining

That Eminem thread has me pressed brehs. Even got me shitting on Spitta...I love Spitta, he's dope. But he's not on Kendrick Lamar's level lyrically. Come the fuck on.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
That Eminem thread has me pressed brehs. Even got me shitting on Spitta...I love Spitta, he's dope. But he's not on Kendrick Lamar's level lyrically. Come the fuck on.

Fucking yes, MMLP2 was awesome.

EDIT - I just wanted to clarify that this was a quote from that thread. I can't have even a single person believing that I would ever intentionally expose myself to that noise.

Naw, but she was picked and moulded from a young age to appeal sexually to guys with... certain tastes. I'm not calling you a pedo or anything like that but i'ma give you the same
leo.png
TEJO2Wz.png
that i give to people that are into Lupe Fuentes.

Lupe Fuentes...now that's a name I've not heard in a long time...
keEeCA0.png

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=126914732&postcount=181
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=126942653&postcount=213
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=126950849&postcount=227
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=126905198&postcount=166
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=126884234&postcount=106
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=126894554&postcount=147

Okay, I always at least try to respect other people's opinions, no matter how much I disagree. But in these topics there's always people proclaiming that there's this huge gulf in talent between Eminem and the rest of the game, or even worse, they dismiss the entire genre aside from him. I can't help but find these opinions a little suspect. It goes deeper than poor taste, if you know what I mean.

On a different note, some dude in there actually said Joey Badass is a better rapper than Kendrick. That's just obscene.

Courage

Why do most people stan dusty ass rappers? They've listened to them for their entire childhood, shared their most personal moments with their music, hence growing this irrational attachment to their work. Of course they don't mind Eminem's work; they wanted old Em after all. That's the one they grew up with right? The difference with Eminem compared to others, is that his content and style has just grown outdated and extremely corny.

Most of the people in that thread that proclaim him to be the best in the game right now don't even listen to rap seriously anyway.

Goddamn, I'm such an elitist asshole.

Esch

Banned
Yall still reading and arguing for real in hip hop topics? With Eminem in the topic title? In the NeoGAF Off Topic section? In the year of our Lord Brandon McCartney 2014? Rule #6 of the Ten GAF Commandments is get your single troll in and don't engage. You might end up arguing with people who say Infinite and Relapse are classic.

Yall still reading and arguing for real in hip hop topics? With Eminem in the topic title? In the NeoGAF Off Topic section? In the year of our Lord Brandon McCartney 2014? Rule #6 of the Ten GAF Commandments is get your single troll in and don't engage. You might end up arguing with people who say Infinite and Relapse are classic.
Lmao Infinite. But seriously tho, equivalent of listening to canibus in 2014. Can't see why y'all bother

It's fun entertaining it. Got a couple smh's outta posters who didn't even know I used to post in Gaf Hop regularly.
Right. I get that but the coming back and complaining about it is what I don't get.

Y'all remind me of dudes on gaming side that spend 200 hours into games they supposedly dislike

Is ADHD Kendrick Lamar most influential song or nah? I was going through section 80 and I feel like since the release of that tape I have heard a lot of similar sounding songs to it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Drake is the worst on the spot rapper in the industry, even when he's just recycling lines. Why do you think he'll do better exactly?
I think delivery alone will make the difference.

Buddens sounded like he was a parody of a rapper, shit was cringeworthy.

I can see this happening, especially if it's KotD regulated.
Funny thing is, Drake even got booed a bit in our own city when hosting a battle. Pat Stay's 2nd round in this battle is just the funniest shit ever
Wears a hat all the time because he's bald, chemo!

But he definitely sold tickets when he sponsored World Domination. He just had to bail on his appearance at the last minute.

The eminem thread is awesome. It exposes the dude's who don't even listen to rap outside of Eminem yet complain about the state of the genre. It's on some "Macklemore is the only rapper with something to say" type shit.

thabiz

The eminem thread is awesome. It exposes the dude's who don't even listen to rap outside of Eminem yet complain about the state of the genre. It's on some "Macklemore is the only rapper with something to say" type shit.

when are you guys going to wake up and accept it. dude IS rap right now. nobody can touch him.

IrishNinja

catchin up

- some of ya'll still hating del toro
- CRS' setup is really nice
- pedo talk

nothing worse than

So Suge Knight is dead, all over twitter.

not getting a RIP from me

wont lie, got happy for a second at this till i read it's not true

Shady XV will be good. Basically The Re-Up 2. Which I happened to be listening to last week. Still a pretty good album too bad most of the featured guys never went anywhere.
Everything is Shady, Jimmy Crack Corn, No Apologies, and motherfucking By My Side were all great tracks.

codhand

according to Des and esch i'm listening to Free Crack 2 right now while watching the late Suge Knight's biopic

twitter as a news source

130965989231.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's funny how many people do that online. It's probably the most aggravating thing to me when it comes internet arguments with strawman as a close second.
Yeah, I'm about ready to be done with internet arguments in general TBH.

Shit is a waste of energy & time, especially when people catch feelings.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yeah, I'm about ready to be done with internet arguments in general TBH.

Shit is a waste of energy & time, especially when people catch feelings.

This is the truth. I still get sucked into some shit from time to time, but it's never worth it. There's some glory in battling ignorance, but on the internet it's like pulling weeds. Best not to waste any thoughts or feelings and just try to have fun with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom